Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 13, 2008
575 posts
253 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Amazon Visa card issue

So IIRC a year ago Amazon and Chase ended their credit card for Canadians. I had a few points which amounted to nothing. I could not redeem it. Today I received a bill with an Admin Fee for $2.77. This is nonsense. They are the ones who closed my/our accounts. I do not get it. In the past RBC and Esso ended their credit card and I was never charged anything. Please advise.
8 replies
Mar 14, 2018
478 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Well, I'd give them a call and ask to void the charge, unless there was a remaining balance on the card. Based on Chase's website, the "few points" should have been put as credit on the last statement you received from them, as all accounts were closed at the same time.
American Express Platinum | Rogers World Elite
Author of The American Express Atlas
iPhone 12 Pro Max | Apple Watch Series 4 | MacBook Pro 2019 | SKYFALL 6.0
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1937 posts
749 upvotes
cocotheparrot wrote: So IIRC a year ago Amazon and Chase ended their credit card for Canadians. I had a few points which amounted to nothing. I could not redeem it. Today I received a bill with an Admin Fee for $2.77. This is nonsense. They are the ones who closed my/our accounts. I do not get it. In the past RBC and Esso ended their credit card and I was never charged anything. Please advise.
$2.77 is how much your “few remaining points” were worth. This bill is just to let you know that they took these points from you. So, you owe them nothing, and you are no longer owed anything by Chase either. So, relax and ignore this bill.
[OP]
Feb 13, 2008
575 posts
253 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
A huge thank you to all of you. The Home Trust Visa is an awesome replacement. The rep told me they were swamped after Chase killed their card.
[OP]
Feb 13, 2008
575 posts
253 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Poutinesauce wrote: I do not miss this card one bit. Chase is easily the worst issuer to have ever operated in Canada. Good riddance and never come back!
I called Chase. I was disconnected the first three times. On the fourth try I spoke to a rep and she told me there is nothing to worry about. Case closed.

Poutinesauce A special thank for your signature which links people to a wide variety of credit cards. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1786 posts
1368 upvotes
Bay Area
Poutinesauce wrote: I do not miss this card one bit. Chase is easily the worst issuer to have ever operated in Canada. Good riddance and never come back!
Curious what Chase did to earn that reputation.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
4004 posts
2781 upvotes
on the links
I received the same invoice...had a 2c credit balance, so they mailed me a physical invoice to tell me that they zeroed it out.

I guess a $2.5 trillion corporation like JPMorgan Chase can afford the cost of the stamp.