Expired Hot Deals

(Amazon, Visions, BestBuy, more) Samsung 75" Q90R Series 4K QLED (QN75Q90R) $3998

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 12:05 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2005
76 posts
81 upvotes

(Amazon, Visions, BestBuy, more) Samsung 75" Q90R Series 4K QLED (QN75Q90R) $3998

Deal Link:
Price:
Cheapest I have seen this 75" Q90R. Looks like it is this price at most retailers including:
2001 Audio Video
Visions
The Brick
Gibby's
Best Buy

Not bad for this flagship 4K considering it's only $500 more than the 65" version.

From what I understand, the forthcoming 2020 4K Q90T is actually a downgrade to the 2019 version.
See here: No Flagship 4K TVs from Samsung this Year?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 1st, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
10 replies
Nov 18, 2014
230 posts
217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Honestly still a bad price for a good tv but there are much better ones that are cheaper or bigger, they simply lack the Samsung badge.
Jun 30, 2019
52 posts
48 upvotes
Not a good price. It is a good TV, however it is still far from quality of OLED, so price should reflect what it is - improved version of 20 years old LCD tv technology...
Dec 12, 2011
65 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Why would anyone spend 4000 bucks and not get OLED? Is it 2013 again?
May 13, 2012
446 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
I have this tv
i was debating between oled and this
oled is great but the differences are minimal
samsung interface/os is much better than lg
one connect is great to hide away connected devices and the no gap mount makes it look great
some will like picture quality only but some want the overall experience to be great
Jul 14, 2019
315 posts
519 upvotes
FearlessSaver wrote: Honestly still a bad price for a good tv but there are much better ones that are cheaper or bigger, they simply lack the Samsung badge.
Can you offer some examples of 75" TVs (or you mentioned larger, too, for the same price) that are "much" better in all important areas for less money? I can't find any on Rtings or similar objective review sites.
Amsterdave wrote: Why would anyone spend 4000 bucks and not get OLED? Is it 2013 again?
There are some very good reasons some people don't want OLEDs, at least in their current state. First, they cannot get anywhere near as bright as the best QLED (or similar tech) TVs which is a big deal for HDR enthusiasts or bright viewing areas. For example, LG's ultra high end C9 OLEDs are about 1/2 to 1/3 as bright as a good QLED TV. The second is image retention - if you watch a lot of sports or play a lot of video games or use them for your business, OLEDs are not good choices. The image also degrades slowly over time as the RGB pixels do not age/wear at the same rate. Lastly, they are very expensive - a 75" OLED is still more money than a 75" Quantum LED TV. You aren't going to find a good 75" OLED for under $4000. For most everything else they're great though and absolutely they are the best choice for some people - they just aren't universally better (Currently).
Nov 18, 2014
230 posts
217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
CanadaCPU wrote: Can you offer some examples of 75" TVs (or you mentioned larger, too, for the same price) that are "much" better in all important areas for less money? I can't find any on Rtings or similar objective review sites.

There are some very good reasons some people don't want OLEDs, at least in their current state. First, they cannot get anywhere near as bright as the best QLED (or similar tech) TVs which is a big deal for HDR enthusiasts or bright viewing areas. For example, LG's ultra high end C9 OLEDs are about 1/2 to 1/3 as bright as a good QLED TV. The second is image retention - if you watch a lot of sports or play a lot of video games or use them for your business, OLEDs are not good choices. The image also degrades slowly over time as the RGB pixels do not age/wear at the same rate. Lastly, they are very expensive - a 75" OLED is still more money than a 75" Quantum LED TV. You aren't going to find a good 75" OLED for under $4000. For most everything else they're great though and absolutely they are the best choice for some people - they just aren't universally better (Currently).
https://www.costco.ca/sony-bravia-xbr75 ... 16924.html

https://www.costco.ca/vizio-quantum-75- ... 08110.html

https://www.costco.ca/sony-bravia-xbr85 ... 16941.html
Dec 27, 2012
52 posts
29 upvotes
Edmonton
I don't want to say anything about whether it is worth the price or not. It comes down to the person buying. But, this is possibly the last of the TVs that have a high number of dimming zones(480). The replacement of this(2020 version) is supposed to have 96 zones(like the current q80R). Once these are out of stock there will be a lot of people who would regret not buying it. In a way, it is like the 2016 Z9D model of Sony(sony never produced a 4K TV that good and something like that with Master Drive LED is only found in the Z9G, which is 17K). Q90 has really good brightness, excellent upscaling and the best anti-reflective coating and one connect box, not to mention a great center stand that is compatible with smaller TV stands. Biggest negative is the lack of Dolby Vision.
Dec 27, 2012
52 posts
29 upvotes
Edmonton
@Amsterdave
If you are seriously asking, people who want to game, who have bright rooms with lots of windows and in general who don't want to take a chance with burn in and those who really like bright HDR presentations. This has double the brightness(in nits) compared to a C9.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1728 posts
809 upvotes
Hamilton
I have the Q9 version, blacks are incredible and it's a great TV
Jul 14, 2019
315 posts
519 upvotes
None of those TV's are better, let alone "much" better according to thorough objective reviews:

Q90R vs Sony 900F: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... eshold=0.1

Q90R vs Vizio P Series Quantum: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... eshold=0.1

The Q90R is actually the better TV in the above comparisons by a pretty significant margin.

Even the Q80R which is quite a bit cheaper than the Q90R is better than all the TV's you linked to - the Q90R is in another league. The TV's you linked to objectively compare most closely to a Q70R, which is two models below a Q90R.

There is more to it than brand. You get what you pay for, for the most part. I think the most important thing is the point of diminishing returns - most people would be happy with a lesser TV than a Q90R, however to say that "much better" TV's are available for cheaper is not true.