• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2021 9:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2014
488 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Amazon warehouse - Third party returns?

Does amazon warehouse sell third party used products or do they only sell products that were originally sold by Amazon.ca?

And do they come with full manufacturer warranty?

EDIT: They do not have manufacturer warranty
https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html? ... 1000656811
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6070 posts
2935 upvotes
Toronto
They definitely sell products that were fulfilled by (but not sold by) Amazon. I don't know about those which are sold and shipped directly by third parties.

As for warranty, this is kind of YMMV. The official Amazon invoice does not state that a product is used or from the Warehouse section, it just looks like a regular Amazon invoice, and this would satisfy most manufacturers as a proof of purchase. Of course it's possible that e.g., items that have serial numbers would already have been registered at the original point of purchase and therefore the manufacturer would know you are not the initial owner.
Nov 5, 2018
384 posts
352 upvotes
The warranty statement is them covering their ass. I have contacted companies for warranty support before, explained that I got it from AWD and still got free exchanges. I ordered my phone from AWD and it arrived sealed in original packaging, and Samsung had no issue when I registered the warranty.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2890 posts
1555 upvotes
London
whyami wrote: Does amazon warehouse sell third party used products or do they only sell products that were originally sold by Amazon.ca?

And do they come with full manufacturer warranty?

EDIT: They do not have manufacturer warranty
https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html? ... 1000656811
the warranty is kind of iffy amazon says no however most companies don't even ask for the invoice just the s/n so chances are u can still use the warranty but a few months might have been knocked off it depending how long ago the product was made. the only time an issue would come up is if the company asks for the invoice its gonna show it as used on it and most company put in there terms that the warranty is only good to the first buyer some companies such as evga for eg don't care they would honour anyway.