Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Watchmen: Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) - $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2015 9:59 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1597 posts
4147 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Watchmen: Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) - $29.99

For today only, get Watchmen Ultimate Collector's Edition on Blu-ray for $29.99.

Includes -

Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut Blu-ray.
Watchmen Special Features Blu-ray.
Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic on Blu-ray.
Watchmen: Theatrical Version on DVD
Watchmen Hardcover Graphic Novel.

Say what you want about the movie, but the book is excellent. The hardcover book goes for $30 on Amazon on its own.

Free shipping.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/ref=pe_ ... B00BPRI6OE
"They're waiting for you Gordon...in the Test Chamber."
9 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4852 upvotes
Montreal
I may buy it for the book and some of the extras/motion comic, and just toss the movie.
Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
So, so tempting. But I already have the movie on Blu-ray, and own 2 copies of the graphic novel...still tempting.
Feb 9, 2015
255 posts
69 upvotes
St Catharines, ON
Movie was sub par, but that's a great price since it includes the graphic novel. Good find OP
Nov 25, 2002
702 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
Ended up buying it.

Sub-par? So you think it was worse than the average movie? I would disagree, but to each their own.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3402 posts
3751 upvotes
Montreal
For what it's worth, I thought the movie was great and had a better ending than the comic.
Great deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1696 posts
755 upvotes
I still prefer the Director's Cut to the Ultimate Cut and I really only wanted the graphic novel. Couldn't resist at $30 now I just need to find the space to put it in my room... I'll likely toss it under my Dark Knight Trilogy box set.

Been watching some unboxing videos for it, just a warning: don't expect the ultraviolet digital copy to be included with the Canadian version of this box set... I don't think UV codes came to Canada until years later. If it does come with the code: bonus. If anyone has this already--let me know.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1690 posts
670 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
The movie was extremely well done. Just wish it would of continued with sequels. The story and backdrop was amazing.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14724 posts
4852 upvotes
Montreal
FrancisBacon wrote: For what it's worth, I thought the movie was great and had a better ending than the comic.
it had a better conceptual ending, but they kept everything else about the gn the same - that's the big problem, if you want to change the ending, fine, but don't just paste a totally changed finale at the end of a nearly-verbatim copy of the gn. nothing about the character motivations made any sense.
Aug 31, 2008
830 posts
427 upvotes
It looks back up to $60 for me, I think deal is dead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)