Shopping Discussion

Amazon: Who gets your credit card info, when third party fulfills your order ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2015 12:20 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 2, 2015
395 posts
66 upvotes
Canada

Amazon: Who gets your credit card info, when third party fulfills your order ?

When you buy something from Amazon thru a third party seller, and its not necessarily fulfilled by Amazon or maybe even fulfilled by Amazon (but product belongs to third party ), who gets your credit card info ?

Does the third party guy get your CC info ? ..or does it remain with Amazon ? Bcoz I don't want my CC info with some unknown small third party guy :(
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
3rd parties on Amazon dont have access to your CC info.
Banned
Jul 2, 2015
395 posts
66 upvotes
Canada
andersb wrote: 3rd parties on Amazon dont have access to your CC info.
Cool . I think they only have access to your personal info like name , address , telephone number ..but NO CC info is given to them
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1784 posts
652 upvotes
St. John's
I sell some things on Amazon (just to get rid of some things, not as a business) and I only see the info I need to to ship the item, so name and address. I'd bet bigger sellers are basically the same. There's no reason for Amazon to show that and it would be a huge security risk.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Also
Amazon also handles all customer service and product returns for "Fulfilled by Amazon" items

which is awesome, so you don't have to deal with the vendor
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
From what I know. When you make a purchase through amazon with a 3rd party seller, they don't get to see your cc info. What happens is, amazon takes the money from your cc then gives it to the 3rd party seller thus the 3rd party seller can't see your cc info

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)