Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics Dog Waste Bags - $20.40 after coupon + Subscribe 'n Save (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 6:45 pm
Nov 7, 2019
18 posts
38 upvotes
The ones I used to buy were a different brand, but they had some sort of coating on the inside that masked odors. I don't know how it worked and it wasn't wasn't perfect but it did help hiding odors.
Nov 7, 2019
18 posts
38 upvotes
Rolo730 wrote: Serious question (I have a baby coming soon, and I'm a clueless first timer). You put dirty diapers in this bag and then throw it out in the regular trash? What about the diaper genie I've heard about?
I also have a dog so these bags can have two uses....
These are a perfect diaper disposal "hack". Forget about those diaper genie things, just keep rolls of these in your diaper bag and wherever you change your diapers. Drop the diaper in, tie it off, and you'll have a contained bundle that you can dispose in any regular trash without extra odors, leaks, or embarrassment (if you find dirty diapers embarrassing).
The diaper genie is expensive to buy, clumsy to use, and you still end up with a stack of dirty diapers in your house. This way you get them out of your house sooner, because you can just use your regular trash. They really do contain smells and leaks, it's their only purpose really.
Apr 23, 2008
268 posts
131 upvotes
Ottawa
I was not offered the 40% off so I created the two pet profiles. Still no dice. Would have been nice to save a bit of cash but no big deal really.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1077 posts
464 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Has anyone ever tried these in a counter top compost bin? Seems like 9 inch should fit. Ottawa now allows plastic bags in compost so these would be much cheaper than the compost bags from Costco.
#melnykout
[OP]
Sep 23, 2019
151 posts
242 upvotes
ax89 wrote: I was not offered the 40% off so I created the two pet profiles. Still no dice. Would have been nice to save a bit of cash but no big deal really.
Can you try creating another amazon account - maybe they will offer you this discount on the new account. Coupon conditions state: "40% extra saving on the first Subscribe & Save delivery", so on the new account this will be your first "Subscribe and save" order.
Mar 12, 2017
406 posts
286 upvotes
dogbolter wrote: Has anyone ever tried these in a counter top compost bin? Seems like 9 inch should fit. Ottawa now allows plastic bags in compost so these would be much cheaper than the compost bags from Costco.
These bags don't really stretch and the last thing you want is for this thing to rip.
Mar 12, 2017
406 posts
286 upvotes
dogbolter wrote: Has anyone ever tried these in a counter top compost bin? Seems like 9 inch should fit. Ottawa now allows plastic bags in compost so these would be much cheaper than the compost bags from Costco.
I did not see the coupon two days ago but I see it now. Try checking back later.
This isn't my first subscribe and save either. I actually have an active one because I ordered it last week before the coupons existed.

I just placed an additional order with subscribe & save and the 40% coupon.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1319 posts
571 upvotes
Burnaby
Pretty sure ya’ll are mis-interpreting the deal. You get 40% on the first subscribe and save order, as-in on the first delivery of your subscription down the road for when you set it up for, not this purchase. They are trying to get you to subscribe. Read the fine print, coupon doesn’t apply at cart and says “on first order or subscribe and save”.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2019
151 posts
242 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Pretty sure ya’ll are mis-interpreting the deal. You get 40% on the first subscribe and save order, as-in on the first delivery of your subscription down the road for when you set it up for, not this purchase. They are trying to get you to subscribe. Read the fine print, coupon doesn’t apply at cart and says “on first order or subscribe and save”.
I already purchased this dog waste bags and during the payment step I had extra line for 5% discount and then for 40% discount and these discounts were reflected in total price paid - so discount is applied right away, not on the next subscription delivery.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2457 posts
1608 upvotes
Montreal
dptrain wrote: I feel that this product is more for picking up poop in your backyard since it's just in a box.
Not as portable as the rolls of bags.
lol take a bag out of the box, put it in your pocket, ?, profit
Oct 30, 2012
180 posts
100 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
Variability wrote: Thanks OP. Great price, but note that these are not biodegradable.
Unless you're throwing these bags into the woods (should not do this) or composting them it really doesn't make any difference whether or not they are biodegradable. Nothing, by design, biodegrades in a landfill.
Mar 12, 2017
406 posts
286 upvotes
xblackdemonx wrote: lol take a bag out of the box, put it in your pocket, ?, profit
To each their own.

What if your dog poops more than once?
Doesn’t work for me as I take her out on hikes and stuff. Def need more than 1 and no one wants to carry loose bags everywhere.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2019
151 posts
242 upvotes
dptrain wrote: To each their own.

What if your dog poops more than once?
Doesn’t work for me as I take her out on hikes and stuff. Def need more than 1 and no one wants to carry loose bags everywhere.
Few years ago I actually bought "separate" bags and used to bring on the dog walk them in the pocket, but it was major inconvienience. Now I always have one bag tied to leash holder (emergency) and dog waste bag dispenser for regular use. Amazon 900 bags price, even at regular price is not that expensive and last me about 1year, but at the 45% is a great bargain.
Aug 16, 2014
276 posts
240 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Same... code wasn’t on my profile 2 days ago , now it is. Placed order. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4166 posts
4818 upvotes
GTA
Variability wrote: Thanks OP. Great price, but note that these are not biodegradable.
you can still put it in green bin
Banned
Oct 27, 2019
67 posts
12 upvotes
Love these bags, strong enough for the job and don’t rip or tear when using