Expired Hot Deals

AMC+ New Subscription Service on Apple TV Channels and Prime Video Channels. 1 Month Free for New Subscribers.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

AMC+ New Subscription Service on Apple TV Channels and Prime Video Channels. 1 Month Free for New Subscribers.

Deal Link:
AMC+ is launching in Canada through Amazon and Apple,

Prime Video Channel: 30 Days Free for New Subscribers https://www.primevideo.com/offers/ref=a ... =amcplusca

Apple TV Channels: 30 Days Free for New Subscribers (Subscribe through the Apple TV app)

It is $8.99/month after the trial.

BTW, yes new episodes of The Walking Dead will be available early.

Last edited by Guest2274885 on Aug 17th, 2021 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
32 replies
Jul 8, 2013
366 posts
377 upvotes
AMHERST
What’s the (non-promo) monthly total if you currently have 0 Apple TV subscription, and just want AMC+?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16511 posts
7102 upvotes
Toronto
Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are on Netflix, no? Is Mad Men still on Netflix? It was for the longest time.

Assuming you have Netflix, what other great content does the AMC channel offer?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2218 posts
1786 upvotes
Yeah what value prop does this offer over netflix or others? There are so many subscription services it gets overwealming. Can I watch new movies on this? Like cineplex (which feels useless tho)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2218 posts
1786 upvotes
williamsauga wrote: it should be free for stockholdersGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I was just thinking that. The amount of coin I sunk into AMC when it was $9…..I’m a happy camper now tho
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16511 posts
7102 upvotes
Toronto
joshfindit wrote: What’s the (non-promo) monthly total if you currently have 0 Apple TV subscription, and just want AMC+?
$9 per month.
Jul 31, 2012
599 posts
807 upvotes
Toronto
williamsauga wrote: it should be free for stockholdersGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
It's not even the same AMC if you're referring to the theaters
Jul 8, 2013
366 posts
377 upvotes
AMHERST
Fun story: I just signed up thinking "Oh great: I'll finally (officially) be able to watch TWD a week early.", and it's prompting me to buy TWD episodes.

I can however watch TWD "Origins"....

It might let us watch TWD on the live channel, but other than that?
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2218 posts
1786 upvotes
pkeep22 wrote: It's not even the same AMC if you're referring to the theaters
Oops I though AMC theatres was launching a subscription like cineplex. If this is AMC networks then blah. Not remotely interested
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1558 upvotes
Is AMC+ 1-month free for PS5 owners who subscribe to PS+ and sign up for the free 6 months of AppleTV+?

Not much interesting here, mostly walking dead series, mad men, and some random Movies.

Link to AMC - to see what they offer
Last edited by frugal69 on Aug 13th, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 1, 2017
820 posts
675 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't see Better Call Saul on this specifically season 5
Jun 1, 2017
820 posts
675 upvotes
Mississauga
Kurtz7834 wrote: Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are on Netflix, no? Is Mad Men still on Netflix? It was for the longest time.

Assuming you have Netflix, what other great content does the AMC channel offer?
It does offer the live channel, so if you don't have cable.....Better Call Saul 6, when it eventually starts its final season.
Sep 5, 2011
210 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Is Mad Men still on Netflix? It was for the longest time.
Nope, Netflix's streaming rights deal ran out last spring. Since then, it's been available on Prime Video and Super Channel in Canada, in addition (now) to AMC+.
Kurtz7834 wrote: Assuming you have Netflix, what other great content does the AMC channel offer?
Some of their other recent shows of note include Gangs of London and Kevin Can F**k Himself (with Annie Murphy from Schitt's Creek). But it seems fair to say it's not the powerhouse it was a few years ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3178 posts
1181 upvotes
Ajax
joshfindit wrote: Fun story: I just signed up thinking "Oh great: I'll finally (officially) be able to watch TWD a week early.", and it's prompting me to buy TWD episodes.

I can however watch TWD "Origins"....

It might let us watch TWD on the live channel, but other than that?
So wait, will the walking dead episodes be out early through this or not? Because that was my thinking when I first saw this post
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1934 posts
2439 upvotes
So you cannot access this unless you have Amazon PRime?
Sep 5, 2011
210 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
EananC641158 wrote: So you cannot access this unless you have Amazon PRime?
You can also subscribe through the Apple TV app (and, to reiterate what others have said, you do not need an Apple TV+ subscription to do so, just a device with their app).
Sep 5, 2011
210 posts
760 upvotes
Toronto
Cjohnson202 wrote: So wait, will the walking dead episodes be out early through this or not? Because that was my thinking when I first saw this post
I expect they’ll be available early in Canada, but I haven’t seen definitive confirmation yet. We will probably know by Sunday since that’s when new episodes will start appearing on the American version of AMC+.

Either way, there’s an existing contract with Netflix in both the US and Canada for past season rights AMC can’t get out of yet. Which is why you can’t see any past seasons there currently. And at a certain point after the season ends the streaming rights will move to Netflix, at least for a while.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
joshfindit wrote: What’s the (non-promo) monthly total if you currently have 0 Apple TV subscription, and just want AMC+?
So for Amazon, you do need to have prime video to get this channel, for Apple, you don't need to subscribe to Apple TV+ to subscribe to channels. Just do it from within the Apple TV app, the app itself is used to rent, buy and subscribe to a lot of stuff.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2017 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Hard pass on AMC.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)