[American Apparel] American Apparel additional 70% off sale with code SALE70

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 12:30 am
[OP]
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes

[American Apparel] American Apparel additional 70% off sale with code SALE70

Hey everyone, this is my first post so bare with me if there’s any errors. American Apparel has an additional 70% off sale with code SALE70, and if you spend $150 or more after discount, your shipping and duties get waived. I just spent $180 on 24 items, mostly basics which I needed anyways.
21 replies
Nov 7, 2016
94 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks for sharing! Checking it out now. Was thinking of buying some new clothes and I wanted a more unique style than what you can find in Canada, so this is perfect. Gonna drop a lot of money
May 30, 2009
13 posts
21 upvotes
Leask
Are there duties if you buy less than $150 worth? I thought made-in-the-USA stuff didn't have tariffs/duties in Canada?
[OP]
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
jdkf wrote: Are there duties if you buy less than $150 worth? I thought made-in-the-USA stuff didn't have tariffs/duties in Canada?
There are, and it shows you what that total would be at checkout. And I was under the impression that American made things always had duties? Not sure.
Nov 7, 2016
94 posts
37 upvotes

Actually insane! Like Denim jackets, jeans, really unique looking clothing, high quality. The total was $570 before I added Sale70 discount code. Total after discount including shipping, taxes, duties, was $172 for SIXTEEN UNIQUE PRODUCTS THAT ARE HIGH QUALITY.

Surprised anyone is downvoting this post, this is a great sale.
Oct 1, 2017
42 posts
32 upvotes
jdkf wrote: Are there duties if you buy less than $150 worth? I thought made-in-the-USA stuff didn't have tariffs/duties in Canada?
I don’t think these items are made in the USA anymore
[OP]
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
skankhunt42 wrote: Image

Actually insane! Like Denim jackets, jeans, really unique looking clothing, high quality. The total was $570 before I added Sale70 discount code. Total after discount including shipping, taxes, duties, was $172 for SIXTEEN UNIQUE PRODUCTS THAT ARE HIGH QUALITY.

Surprised anyone is downvoting this post, this is a great sale.
Yah I was wondering about the downvotes too. I sometimes think that people want stuff to be free, otherwise they are not satisfied. I was also delighted at the deals I got! I even added stuff that my friend wanted so that we could reach that $150 minimum together.
Nov 7, 2016
94 posts
37 upvotes
sabrunkas wrote: Yah I was wondering about the downvotes too. I sometimes think that people want stuff to be free, otherwise they are not satisfied. I was also delighted at the deals I got! I even added stuff that my friend wanted so that we could reach that $150 minimum together.
Hahaha maybe, or maybe people just don't like the word "American" anymore since the media has been blasting them nonstop with negative news 24/7.

This is like the deal of the year though. So many unique clothes here, I'm starting off 2020 with a huge bang. For reference, I'd prob drop like $800-$1000 on stuff like this at the local mall.
Mar 19, 2003
606 posts
160 upvotes
Good deal if you can find $500 bux worth of sale stuff to get free shipping and duty
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5232 posts
2224 upvotes
Wasn't the owner of company caught doing BAD STUFF? So the brand shut down. Now they are back for like the 10th time?
Nov 15, 2006
499 posts
69 upvotes
Thanks for sharing! Picked up plenty of items to meet the $150 minimum.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: Wasn't the owner of company caught doing BAD STUFF? So the brand shut down. Now they are back for like the 10th time?
Yeah the owner was some dirty perv. AA was bought out by Gildan about 3 years ago I believe so I don’t think he’s involved anymore. I might be wrong though.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1513 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
The stuff looks like garbage...
Sep 30, 2013
447 posts
323 upvotes
North Vancouver
How does AA even fit anymore? I remember always having to size-up for hoodies etc. However, now i'm hearing everything is true to size? Can anyone confirm before having to deal with headache.
Nov 7, 2016
94 posts
37 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote: .... you just made me close my tab with a full cart Disappointed But Relieved Face
Stuff looks great to me, way better selections than what you find in stores here in Canada (especially at this price). Also most of those products have reviews up so you can read them too.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
Smiley22 wrote: The stuff looks like garbage...
Yeah their aesthetic is to look grungy and care free which isn’t the best way to sell clothing. They are great for quality basics though, so if you need tshirts, sweaters, etc. and their denim is also very sturdy and well made.
Mar 14, 2008
337 posts
111 upvotes
Great deal thanks for posting! Even with the shipping charges it's a great deal, 53$ tax+shipping in for 4 t-shirts and 2 hoodies.

From my experience AA is good quality clothes, I have a bunch of hoodie and they last a long time.
Oct 16, 2008
152 posts
141 upvotes
33 things for 178$ all in seems too good to be true, wonder if the quality is as good as some of their older stuff that I have. Thanks op
[OP]
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
Ivanp36 wrote: 33 things for 178$ all in seems too good to be true, wonder if the quality is as good as some of their older stuff that I have. Thanks op
I’ve shopped during a similar sale before and all my stuff was good quality! So I’m guessing it should be good this time around as well.