Hot Deals

American Express

[24S] Get 15% of total purchase as a credit.

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2022 10:29 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 5, 2009
571 posts
1156 upvotes
Vancouver
orditeck wrote: I do not recommend 24s at all.

I bought a $400 Medium Canada Goose Aviator Hat from them, they had two choices on their website: Medium or Large.
I received a L/XL. Happens, right?

Not with them. They stated that "Large" doesn't exist for this hat (while I said L/XL), therefore it's impossible that I could have received that. Basically that I'm lying.

I sent them pictures of the hat with the label "L/XL" and screenshots from CG's website where you can see both sizes: S/M & L/XL.
They didn't reply. I called and spoke to a supervisor who told me that since 24S is an online-only sub-company of Le Bon Marché, he'd only reply by email.
So I sent an email again. Waited, waited, waited, sent several emails again. He finally "came back from vacations" and told me once again that it's impossible I received a size "L/XL".
I gave up, that's a level of stupidity I just can't deal with lol.
I feel you. I've shopped with them a few times and when the service is good, it's good, but when the service is bad, it's downright awful.

I bought a bag from them earlier this year using a 20% discount code. This particular style of bag comes in 4 different sizes. I noticed that the description on the page said "large size," the quote in the middle of the page said "small size," but then the dimensions listed indicated that it was the medium. I wanted the medium, so I did a live chat to confirm that it was indeed the medium size. I place my order.

Order arrives, and its the large size. I did a live chat with them and explained my situation, how the dimensions said it was a medium, the live chat said it was a medium, but I received a large, so I said they sent me the wrong size.

It took them FIVE DAYS to get back to me say that it was actually an error on the website and the item was the large size and not the medium. I asked if they can honour the price I paid and ship me the medium and I'll ship back the large, because I used a promo code that was no longer available. Three days later, they said no, they cannot honour the price and I will have to order at full price. I explained again that they've had my money for over a week at this point and my credit card is going to be due soon and I have to pay off an item that I didn't want, and I also have to deal with the hassle of packing up the item for return, waiting for it to be returned, and waiting for a refund. Two more days later, they said here's a 10% off code as goodwill but surprise it's not valid on that particular brand.

Shipping was fast yes but customer service has been super lacking. It was entirely their fault that their website showed the wrong thing but they didn't honour their mistake. It also takes forever to get an answer - I think because their customer service people can't actually do any decision-making, not like the customer service people in the US who are able to make decisions regarding discount codes. They reply to my email in a day but the reply is usually "I will get back to you."

Also once you ship your item back, it takes 10-15 days to get a refund because it has to go through a quality assurance review and then they will process the refund.
Jul 3, 2019
247 posts
305 upvotes
Ordered with 22% off, 10% Rakuten cashback and 15% Amex statement credit.
Aug 18, 2013
72 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
just want to know if you pay tax / custom before hand or when you receive the item ?
Thank you
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2765 posts
2020 upvotes
Mississauga
Pharmer wrote: does this work for everything?
Didn't work for lv
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
May 29, 2003
818 posts
343 upvotes
Montreal
You need to spend over $800 CA for the code MAY22 (22% OFF) to work. I had to add a shirt to get it over that total.

Of course, you cannot combine with sale items.
Feb 24, 2008
289 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
I used MAY22 + Rakuten 10% + AMEX 15%.

Rakuten gives cash back right way, but only around 4%.
I'm not sure the reason.
MAY22 is a coupon that provided by Rakuten, and Rakuten indicated only some brands not eligible for cash back, others should be all 10%.

I'm contacting them but no response yet
Jun 5, 2013
53 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
I just checked Rakuten and also only got about 4% cash back instead of 10%. I didn’t use any coupon codes.
Jun 29, 2009
31 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
Same. I received about 4% from Rakuten as well and I didn't purchase any of the no no brands.
Apr 5, 2009
268 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
had to buyer because of othe MAY22 + Rakuten 10% + AMEX 15%..
Apr 5, 2009
571 posts
1156 upvotes
Vancouver
punkren wrote: I used MAY22 + Rakuten 10% + AMEX 15%.

Rakuten gives cash back right way, but only around 4%.
I'm not sure the reason.
MAY22 is a coupon that provided by Rakuten, and Rakuten indicated only some brands not eligible for cash back, others should be all 10%.

I'm contacting them but no response yet
I didn't get cash back right away. I might need to follow up if I still don't get cash back in a few days.
May 10, 2022
1 posts
1 upvote
Same for me, got back around 3.5%. I emailed Rakuten and they responded that they need to check with 24S to confirm my order. Hopefully they realize this is a recurring issue and fix it! Sadly the May22 didn’t apply to my order.
Jul 3, 2019
247 posts
305 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote: I didn't get cash back right away. I might need to follow up if I still don't get cash back in a few days.
I didn’t get cashback showing right away. This was the response customer service gave me:

Unfortunately, we are only able to add Cash Back to your account once the store lets us know about your order. We will contact the store to verify your order. It usually takes a while to hear back. Depending on the store it might be 10 business days for us to hear back, but it may also take up to 45 days. We realize this can be frustrating and an inconvenience. We really appreciate your patience and we'll make sure to get back to you once we hear back from the store.
Dec 24, 2004
113 posts
54 upvotes
I only received 4% cash back as well from Rakuten.
I bought before the MAY22 coupon was released but I checked and the brand I bought was not eligible for it anyway, so I don’t think it’s the coupon use that dropped it to 4%.
May 24, 2003
183 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
4% here too. Would have gone for aeroplan if it wasn’t the 10% off.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2814 posts
901 upvotes
Thornhill
4% back as well. sent them an email.... let's see what they say
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1102 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Where is the link to register your AMEX card for this offer? I logged into my Amex account and don’t see any offer… please help! Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8800 posts
3557 upvotes
Toronto
MAY22 doesn't work on bags it seems. Was gonna get a Fendi or Dior bag :(