Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] 30% Bonus Avios Miles: American express MR points to Avios transfer

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2019 6:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3559 posts
319 upvotes

[American Express] 30% Bonus Avios Miles: American express MR points to Avios transfer

Expiry:
October 31, 2019
Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
The bonus 30% conversion from Amex MR > Avios is back. I've been waiting patiently for this for awhile. The timing falls pretty closely to past bonus:
avion-american-express-hotels-aeroplan- ... y-1138250/

This deal expires Oct 31st. Here are the details from Amex:

SPECIAL OFFER From September 01, 2019 until October 31, 2019, your transfer of 1,000 Membership Rewards® points to Avios is equal to 1,300 Avios. For example:
• 1,000 Membership Rewards points = 1,000 1,300 Avios
• 30,000 Membership Rewards points = 30,000 39,000 Avios
• 50,000 Membership Rewards points = 50,000 65,000 Avios

A minimum transfer of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required.
Transfer your Membership Rewards points to Avios – the currency of the British Airways Executive Club. You'll soon have enough Avios to spend on all of the travel things you love, including reward flights and cabin upgrades with British Airways or any one of their oneworld® alliance partners.

Collect 40,000 Avios and you could be redeeming a return trip from Toronto to London.*

Find out more at ba.com/executive-club.

*Reward bookings are subject to availability and cannot be waitlisted. Taxes, fees and carrier charges may apply. Prior to transferring your points, please confirm reward availability with British Airways. American Express is not responsible for availability of flights, accommodation or any other rewards in the British Airways Executive Club Program. You must have a valid, active Executive Club account to transfer your points. 40,000 Avios based on Peak Economy return fare from London to Toronto.

Please allow a minimum of 5 business days for your Membership Rewards points to be transferred to Avios.
17 replies
May 15, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
This offer doesn't seem to show up in my account. Does it show up automatically or do you have to do anything before it shows up?
Still shows only 1:1 transfer for me. Even when going to the generic Avios page it only shows 1:1 transfer.
Aug 11, 2018
69 posts
59 upvotes
Edmonton
thilan29 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2019 3:41 pm
This offer doesn't seem to show up in my account. Does it show up automatically or do you have to do anything before it shows up?
Still shows only 1:1 transfer for me. Even when going to the generic Avios page it only shows 1:1 transfer.
Ditto over here. AMEX Gold (Personal) card holder. Have also been waiting for this, so hope it's available for me!
Nov 23, 2014
7 posts
Arviat, NU
Just got the email. Is this worth it as compared to 1:1 with Aeroplan?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3559 posts
319 upvotes
It should show up when you start the process on the transfer page. Double check before submitting, but it show up there.
Jun 3, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
I have heard these promos happen with Aeroplan as well. Any idea when? Also, I don't seem to see this deal in my account.
May 15, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Mint wrote:
Sep 25th, 2019 7:07 pm
It should show up when you start the process on the transfer page. Double check before submitting, but it show up there.
Tried starting the process but it still shows as 1:1.
Apr 23, 2017
455 posts
275 upvotes
Where does Avios take you primarily?
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
May 18, 2019
9 posts
FYI its BA who are fulfilling the bonus, from AMEX:

British Airways is fulfilling this campaign on their end.

The points will be transferred at 1:1 ratio and when they are deposited in Your Avios account, there will be two transactions of deposit – one with the base transfer of 1:1 and the second with the 30% bonus.
May 15, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
SeanD78929 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2019 2:26 pm

The points will be transferred at 1:1 ratio and when they are deposited in Your Avios account, there will be two transactions of deposit – one with the base transfer of 1:1 and the second with the 30% bonus.
Ah okay, so nowhere did it show 30% BEFORE you did the transfer?

I did a transfer of 1000 points to see what happens. I'll report back.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3559 posts
319 upvotes
SeanD78929 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2019 2:26 pm

Just checked the site. ON the transfer page, if you expand the "product information', that's where it shows. You can see this before you do the transfer.
May 15, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Mint wrote:
Sep 26th, 2019 5:17 pm
Just checked the site. ON the transfer page, if you expand the "product information', that's where it shows. You can see this before you do the transfer.
Gotcha, I see that. Thanks for the heads up with the OP!
May 15, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
A general question, is it better to keep the AMEX rewards or go with Avios?

When I look at flights using the BA/Avios website during xmas time it says flights unavailable for several trips I looked up. Is that website only looking at BA flights? I thought Avios could be used for OneWorld flights?
May 15, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
I must be missing something with Avios. Looked at a flight from Toronto to London in April, cost is 40,000 avios points and $675 in taxes. Looked at expedia (british airways flight) and the flight itself is $750 all in...?

What am I missing here? That seems like a terrible deal.

EDIT: I guess that's the taxes and surcharges...wow.
Last edited by thilan29 on Sep 27th, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)