Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Business Platinum - 100K MR sign up bonus through referral

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2021 9:29 am
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
387 posts
562 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[American Express] Amex Business Platinum - 100K MR sign up bonus through referral

I heard about this from a 3rd party website (not sure if I can mention the name here or post the referral URL). I'm unable to see this deal posted in "Hot Deals" forum but if this is a duplicate, please delete.

Business Platinum Card - Amex: If you sign up through a referral, you get a sign up bonus of 100,000 MR which is higher than previous offers.
The public sign up page URL above only gives you 75,000 MR sign up bonus.
@RoyF482 thanks for the question, the minimum spend is $10,000 in the first 3 months.

Card details
Annual fee: $499
Earning rate: Earn 1.25 MR (Membership Rewards) points for every $1 in purchases.
Benefits: unlimited Priority Pass Select membership, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
Last edited by adaniel on Apr 22nd, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
164 replies
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
503 upvotes
Richmond Hill
is there a minimum spend to get those points htough?
Feb 1, 2017
368 posts
504 upvotes
Charging 7k on a credit card is a pretty big challenge for the average person. I don't even know if I spend that much on random junk+food in a year. I'll admit 100k aeroplan points would maybe be worth 499+ about 175$ in plastiq fees, but I still wouldn't have a legit way of using plastiq to pay for something unless I really wanted to go buy a car or something. Also not helpful if your not posting the link lol.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1702 posts
295 upvotes
Barrie
Some referrers have a 30k offer as well, making this extremely appealing. The 10k spend will be a challenge for many though. I have the 30k referral offer but this isn't going to be an easy sell to friends and family, even if I offer them some kind of kick back in return.
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
Apr 16, 2015
329 posts
428 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: Charging 7k on a credit card is a pretty big challenge for the average person. I don't even know if I spend that much on random junk+food in a year. I'll admit 100k aeroplan points would maybe be worth 499+ about 175$ in plastiq fees, but I still wouldn't have a legit way of using plastiq to pay for something unless I really wanted to go buy a car or something. Also not helpful if your not posting the link lol.
If you post a referral link on RFD, the moderators remove it pretty quickly...I speak from experience :( If you google it, I'm sure you'll find someone offering a referral. FYI, the $7k spend is for the public offer of 75k points. The 100k referral offer requires a $10k spend.
Last edited by catsoncoffee on Apr 22nd, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 6, 2017
55 posts
18 upvotes
Is it still possible to refer from Biz Gold to Biz Plat?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1702 posts
295 upvotes
Barrie
MissyJT wrote: Is it still possible to refer from Biz Gold to Biz Plat?
Not sure about that, but it appears you can refer from platinum to gold
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
Jun 15, 2016
97 posts
118 upvotes
MissyJT wrote: Is it still possible to refer from Biz Gold to Biz Plat?
You won't maximize your bonus even if possible. Best to get a referral from a Biz Plat and get a Kickback
My life has become a cycle of figuring out what deals to return and what to keep.
AMEX Platinum, Bonvoy, Gold. Just Ask.
Aug 25, 2006
247 posts
45 upvotes
Cambridge
how long does it take for approval? it says up to 10 business days
[solicitation removed]
Jul 20, 2017
873 posts
1006 upvotes
Canadian cards generally can't cross refer to different cards. Amex US cards can.

Btw I have the biz plat and it also has a "business platinum appreciation" amex offers, Spend $500 get $50 credit, twice. So another $100 cash on top of that already staggeringly huge sign up bonus. (Which you can easily get while u hit that min spend)
Giving this is an amex offers, and they are often personalized or just seemingly random, no guarantee you'll get it, but ya seems probable.

And ya this the all time highest the card has ever been. US amex hit 100k plenty, but never canadian biz. And since it allows transfers to airlines that can offer huge cpp, it's the highest sign up bonus in canada of all time, at least that youll get in 1 chunk. (last years double double rivaled it, but relied on continuous spend).
Maths: 100k
+ 12.5k = the minimum points you'll get for doing the minimum spend requirement. Minimum because even though it's not a category card, various opportunities for bonus points are available on this card via amex offers, and other ways.
@ 2cpp (very easy to get through a good airline like say British air avios, or even those criminals at air canada) =
$2250 . -$499 annual fee = $1751 value

Than consider the value of all its various perks:
-Centurion lounge access (i value this the highest of all it gives since I already otherwise have most high end hotel/air status). Centurion lounges rock and surprisingly over the pandemic last year, they actually opened more. By far the best lounges, especially if you like to drink. Excellent food too.
- Priority pass and delta sky club - easy enough to get priority pass on a cheaper but, but not usually unlimited access, though Delta access is unique, no other way to get it from canadian cards. And on avg PP lounges are the worst, delta a tad better, and centurion the best.
-Various hotel / car rental status. Marriott gold is something you can easily value at $500-1000+ even if you only travel a few times a year. The upgrades are very epic and happen pretty much every time for me. They even upgraded me to suites sometimes when I was still gold (supposed to only be for platinum)
-top notch travel insurance
-dozens of other smaller benefits

and yes it's spend requirement is big, but keep in mind you can buy $500 giftcards of various flavors, even visa/MC at many places. So if your short a grand or 3 the last month, hit up sobeys and get some GC to spend later.

Lots of other easy ways to "manufacture" spend I can't post about too much, but PM me if u wanna learn other easy ways to hit these spends.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2041 posts
4469 upvotes
Markham
For people into manufacturing spend, just know that many of the methods are against Amex TOS and they will blacklist you if you do it. Specifically, some people charge their own card, or get friends and family to use Square and charge them to hit minimum spend. This will promptly get Amex to suspend your account and do a financial review on you, and it will also have tax implications for the party charging your card.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8856 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
The unlimited PP membership would be attractive for people who fly a lot but don't get business class tickets.

But PP is cutting ties with Plaza Premium lounges. We are also not flying yet.

If later this year we can resume traveling and flying to lots of places safely, I'd be interested in this card -- if they work out some other arrangements for lounge access.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6679 posts
5895 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: The unlimited PP membership would be attractive for people who fly a lot but don't get business class tickets.

If later this year we can resume traveling and flying to lots of places safely, I'd be interested in this card -- if they work out some other arrangements for lounge access.
The Platinum cards have Global Lunge Collection which include but are not limited to: Plaza Premium and Priority Pass so that partnership ending doesn't really make a difference.
Jul 20, 2017
873 posts
1006 upvotes
superspud9 wrote: how long does it take for approval? it says up to 10 business days
You'll either get an instant decision, or they'll list a phone number to call, and you'll call and get a decisions on the phone within 15 min. And amex has mega call centers, so they'll answer fast.

The 10 days is how long it may take them to snail mail you a decline letter.
Jul 20, 2017
873 posts
1006 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: For people into manufacturing spend, just know that many of the methods are against Amex TOS and they will blacklist you if you do it. Specifically, some people charge their own card, or get friends and family to use Square and charge them to hit minimum spend. This will promptly get Amex to suspend your account and do a financial review on you, and it will also have tax implications for the party charging your card.
Yea I wouldn't recommend that. But there are plenty of other crafty ways that are well within the terms of service.
Jul 20, 2017
873 posts
1006 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: The unlimited PP membership would be attractive for people who fly a lot but don't get business class tickets.

Ya as was already said, amex platinum will continue to work at canadian plaza premiums, because they have a direct relationship, not thru priority pass . You don't even have to enroll, you just swipe the card there. For toronto pearson, its part of their larger partnership with the airport in general - you get discounted/priority valet, you can skip the line for security no matter what class your flying - you just flash them the card, etc.

And yea the flying thing i hope/estimate is fixed (to some degree) by July, by than the vaccine will be available to the general public and lots of counties plan to open tourism around that - Thailand has it planned for July i know.
Aug 25, 2006
247 posts
45 upvotes
Cambridge
Eleventeen wrote: You'll either get an instant decision, or they'll list a phone number to call, and you'll call and get a decisions on the phone within 15 min. And amex has mega call centers, so they'll answer fast.

The 10 days is how long it may take them to snail mail you a decline letter.
Oh then I probably got declined then :(
[solicitation removed]
Jul 20, 2017
873 posts
1006 upvotes
superspud9 wrote: Oh then I probably got declined then :(
prolly, but give them a call, sometimes they can reconsider, or find out you got declined just cuz of some type or error on your report.
1-888-721-1044
Oct 20, 2004
798 posts
127 upvotes
So I am interested in signing up - but I only see the 75k offer on the site
Where is the link for the 100k point offer?
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice ;)
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
503 upvotes
Richmond Hill
EveryLurker wrote: So I am interested in signing up - but I only see the 75k offer on the site
Where is the link for the 100k point offer?
Its through referrals, you can google it or someone may refer you from reading this post.