Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Amex Business Platinum: $250 credit for $250 spend at dell.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 7:15 am
Aug 12, 2010
654 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
sports1 wrote: Actually, checking the other "Dell work deals" promo, they have the same weird T&C this promo does... so Dell's own T&C is excluding the very promo they're offering, in both cases.

"Offer is for purchases made online only at www.dell.ca/workdeals, only valid on orders paid for in CAD and shipped within Canada. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes Dell Technologies partner portal, Dell Advantage program, repairs, refurbished products, Dell Financial Services, Dell for Home, Dell for Work, Dell Partner Direct, Dell Premier, and authorized retailers. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn up to a maximum of $1,000 in statement credit(s) per registered Card during the offer period."

100072268_2660607080818255_3779961109021196288_n.png
And with 2 promos that are enabled by just buying at Dell how do you know which promo will apply? Does the link generate the savings? The 10% off OR the $250 off?
I am thinking it is best to buy from them by calling and making sure they note which deal you want.
Thanks to all at RedFlagDeals for all the great deals obtained.
Nov 23, 2014
488 posts
161 upvotes
East York, ON
I was debating cancelling the card in mid June. Makes it a bit of a harder choice.
Dec 13, 2005
454 posts
59 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
does it have to be 40$ on the dot or can i up the amount and still receive the $40 credit x4 on my amex?
Mar 28, 2018
311 posts
158 upvotes
Calgary, AB
krossfyah wrote: does it have to be 40$ on the dot or can i up the amount and still receive the $40 credit x4 on my amex?
$40 minimum. So you can do $40, $41, $42, $43 if your bill is over $160
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
starwatcher wrote: And with 2 promos that are enabled by just buying at Dell how do you know which promo will apply? Does the link generate the savings? The 10% off OR the $250 off?
I am thinking it is best to buy from them by calling and making sure they note which deal you want.
Honestly, good question, I had the same one. Based on the T&C so far:
1. Technically, Dell disqualified their own promo (both $250 off $250 and 10% off up to $1000 in credits).
2. No T&C terms saying the promos cannot be combined with any other offers (ie. they do not explicitly rule out stacking), so they should both be equally valid.

At this point I'm just holding off on purchasing until some DPs come through / AMEX / Dell makes a statement. I debated calling as well, but the statement credit is offered by AMEX ultimately, not Dell - I'm not sure if Dell has any power in ensuring you'll get the 'right' discount (or both). Of course AMEX CSRs will tell you the promos don't stack, the question is whether or not their backend system ultimately allows them to be stacked.

There's no point rushing the order unless you really need something, or really need that 8% Rakuen CB (which I don't even know if it applies, since that's only for Dell Technologies for Consumer, not Dell for Work...).
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1004 posts
539 upvotes
Chanman94 wrote: You should be able to do 4 separate payments of $40 in the providers online portal
I don't know if i'm stupid or what, when I go to Rogers or Bell page for either phone bill or internet bill, I don't see option for separate payment for future.. I only see "make payment" and that's one time I believe....
Feb 20, 2011
160 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
T&C says
Excludes Dell Technologies partner portal, Dell Advantage program, repairs, refurbished products, Dell Financial Services, Dell for Home, Dell for Work, Dell Partner Direct, Dell Premier, and authorized retailers.
which is very confusing because it excludes Dell for work but if you follow the dell.ca/amex link and add an monitor, it goes to 'Work Cart'.

I noticed that gaming monitors are added to 'Home Cart',
I wonder if buying an monitor that is in 'Home Cart' would not qualify for this $250 credit.
Oct 25, 2001
978 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
ESJExplorer wrote: I don't know if i'm stupid or what, when I go to Rogers or Bell page for either phone bill or internet bill, I don't see option for separate payment for future.. I only see "make payment" and that's one time I believe....
Yes, just use that Make Payment 4 times with $40+ each time.
Dec 26, 2006
916 posts
37 upvotes
Miguel Sánchez wrote: Yes, just use that Make Payment 4 times with $40+ each time.
Good advise. Curious though, if the promotion period ends 12/31/2020, is there any real rush to pay 4x $40 right now? Would it be any different than just using Amex to pay your monthly cell bills for the next four months assuming your monthly bill is more than $40?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2011
1004 posts
539 upvotes
skyline518 wrote: Good advise. Curious though, if the promotion period ends 12/31/2020, is there any real rush to pay 4x $40 right now? Would it be any different than just using Amex to pay your monthly cell bills for the next four months assuming your monthly bill is more than $40?
My Expiry date is coming up in 2 months LOL
I have to cancel before they charge another annnual fee.
Oct 28, 2004
641 posts
243 upvotes
Do they charge my card at booking or only when I stay? Or does it depend on the hotel?
xxxronjames wrote: Do the refundable hotel trick.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1048 posts
784 upvotes
It seems dell for business and dell for home are 2 different sites in the eyes of Rakuten.

I have the Rakuten Chrome extension, and home gives 8% while work only gives 2%.
If I enable cashback for home then directly enter the dell for work URL, rakuten resets and asks me to enable 2% again.

I guess the workaround is to create a dell for home shopping trip for 8% then manually request cashback for the dell for work order?
Dec 8, 2013
783 posts
727 upvotes
British Columbia
Is there a requirement that the FULL purchase has to be charged to Amex? Can I do $250 to Amex to get $250 credit, and then remainder on another card (visa gift card).

thx :)
Customer of:
Rogers/Red Wireless and Fizz Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
chaugh wrote: It seems dell for business and dell for home are 2 different sites in the eyes of Rakuten.

I have the Rakuten Chrome extension, and home gives 8% while work only gives 2%.
If I enable cashback for home then directly enter the dell for work URL, rakuten resets and asks me to enable 2% again.

I guess the workaround is to create a dell for home shopping trip for 8% then manually request cashback for the dell for work order?
Be the DP... try it and see if Rakuten will take pity. In this case I doubt it, since it's pretty between Dell for Consumer and Dell for Work.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
3063 posts
4997 upvotes
Toronto
I'm going to wait for DPs to see how quickly the statement credits post. The fine print says within 90 days after August 27th and my renewal is coming up in July - if I have to pay $399 to renew the card before getting the credit then this deal is less hot for me.
May 22, 2018
106 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
booruce wrote: Is there a requirement that the FULL purchase has to be charged to Amex? Can I do $250 to Amex to get $250 credit, and then remainder on another card (visa gift card).

thx :)
American Express will not know whether you did a full purchase or not. So it's totally fine. I'd do something like $250.49 instead of exactly $250