[American Express] Amex Offer - Amazon 4MR Points Per Dolllar

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 6:44 am
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11758 posts
1961 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks, OP and agent86! Will come in very handy for Black Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8521 posts
6333 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Hmm I hope buying gift cards would work.
Not expecting to spend $500 on Black Friday.
Probably not eligible if buying through Paypal?
Jul 26, 2018
957 posts
1144 upvotes
Canada, eh?
DragonRider wrote: Hmm I hope buying gift cards would work.
Not expecting to spend $500 on Black Friday.
Probably not eligible if buying through Paypal?
Nope, has to be charged to your account with the correct merchant code. So it has to be from amazon.ca direct.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2602 posts
2222 upvotes
Richmond Hill
caraj4u wrote: i could still manage to get 5 points per dollar for Amazon, by buying Amazon gift cards at Sobeys.
That's what I been doing for months for my regular Amazon purchase.
:)
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jan 12, 2005
114 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Initially I didn't get this offer on my personal platinum but registered the offer later using the link posted here. Purchased $1,000 gift card (one transaction) on Friday and received the bonus 4000 MR this morning.
Feb 28, 2014
521 posts
602 upvotes
dabbles wrote: Can Scotia amex cards ever use these amex deals? I tried the last one but the amex "doesnt exist" when i try to register on the Amex website.
No, you have to use the AMEX Offers page for partner cards.
https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html

Honestly, if you have the Scotia Gold Amex card, just walk into any grocery store and pick up a couple Amazon GCs and you still get the Amazon multiplier and you can do this year round. Until card issuers in Canada get Level 3 data, they still can't see what you bought. Of course, I don't recommend you to spend like $1k on GCs at a supermarket, it might throw some red flags.
Aug 21, 2013
137 posts
129 upvotes
Kitchener
Aeroplan has 5x miles on purchases at amazon currently as well and last year you could get them for both buying gift cards and spending the gift cards. So you can buy gift cards get 5x amex, 5x aeroplan and then spend the gift cards and get 5x aeroplan again