Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Offer - Amazon 4MR Points Per Dolllar

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 6:44 am
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2533 posts
445 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
antigonah wrote: Well it took my cobalt, but who knows if it’ll actually award any extra MR.
Check your amex offers app. under the offers section, it shows which ones you have already registered for. I just checked my app and confirmed I'm enrolled in the offer.
Sr. Member
Aug 5, 2018
532 posts
744 upvotes
I found out this too late.

For those with amex gold:
You should have received an offer for 4MR / $ at amazon.

Go to this link to register the platinum card offer, which is also 4 MR/ $
https://offerenroll.americanexpress.com ... ridayOffer

So now you have 2 offers both for 4MR/$, which should almost certainly stack, similar to the cell phone bill offer (which is confirmed to stack).

Now go to aeroplan estore, choose amazon, currently at 5x.
Go to gift cards.
Buy e-gift cards, send to your own email address.

Pay with the registered amex gold.

You get 4 + 4 + 5 = 13MR / $, on amazon gift cards!!
(up to $500, since the gold offer limit is $500. above that, platinum is up to $1000)

So now you have amazon gift cards, to buy amazon merchandise, you can either go to:
airmilesshop to get 24x on amazon (pay with gift card) , (1.2 airmile per dollar ~ 15% return)
or
aeroplan estore to get 5x on amazon (pay with gift card) (5 aeroplan/dollar)


So putting it all together, you are getting for every $ purchased on amazon, either:
18 aeroplan / $ (value at 1.4c / aeroplan, this is 25% return)
or
13 aeroplan + 1.2 airmiles / $ (value at 1.4c /aeroplan, this is 33% return)


This should also work for cobalt, but MR-S is less valuable as no transfer to aeroplan.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
8485 posts
6292 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks OP! Just bought $500 Amazon.ca gift cards.
Let's see if I get the points and even better if they stack.
Member
Sep 18, 2010
210 posts
152 upvotes
You can use the amazon credits to buy uber gift cards which can be used for ubereats too.

Wasn't sure what I would spend $1k on so this helps
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
8485 posts
6292 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Received 4000 points from this.

Date Description Charge Base Bonus Total
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 1,938 1,938
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 2,000 2,000
12/02/2019 RC bonus offer 0 62 62
Last edited by DragonRider on Dec 9th, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3052 posts
480 upvotes
DragonRider wrote: Received 5000 points from this.

Date Description Charge Base Bonus Total
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 1,000 1,000
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 1,938 1,938
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 2,000 2,000
12/02/2019 RC bonus offer 0 62 62
Where can you see that?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1056 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
DragonRider wrote: Received 5000 points from this.

Date Description Charge Base Bonus Total
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 1,000 1,000
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 1,938 1,938
12/03/2019 RC bonus offer 0 2,000 2,000
12/02/2019 RC bonus offer 0 62 62
Got my bonus points too
Newbie
Dec 4, 2019
1 posts
Does anyone know what happens I purchased something on amazon during this period using the AmEx offer, but amazon did not charge my credit card until after this period. I made purchases on Monday, but Amazon did not charge me until items were shipped. When I check my points, I did not get the bonus with AmEx. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
8485 posts
6292 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Avalanche22 wrote: Does anyone know what happens I purchased something on amazon during this period using the AmEx offer, but amazon did not charge my credit card until after this period. I made purchases on Monday, but Amazon did not charge me until items were shipped. When I check my points, I did not get the bonus with AmEx. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Says right in the T&C (https://offerenroll.americanexpress.com ... ridayOffer):
In the case of an online purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered card is charged on the shipping date and that date occurs after the offer ends.

You should have ordered gift card first if you're making last minute purchases.
Member
Sep 18, 2010
210 posts
152 upvotes
I don't see anything under that link, maybe I have to wait for my statement?

Top