Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] AMEX Offers Shop Small is BACK! $5 Credit or 300MR on $10 Purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2019 8:13 pm

Poll: What offer did you get?

• Total votes: 237. You have voted on this poll.
$5 Credit on $10 Spend

46%
300 MR on $10 Spend

8%
No Shop Small Offer

46%
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1609 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
Aroma espresso bar not included this time Neutral Face
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9632 posts
2409 upvotes
Scarberia
is it the same stores at STC as last time? aunty annies, taco bell, starbucks? tia
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Oct 25, 2001
438 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
i6s1 wrote: Sometimes they say that because they don't know, or because they don't want people using Amex even if they do accept it.

I don't ask anymore. I try the Amex first.

And also, the map does say on it that the information might be out of date because it's not updated constantly.
One time I had a payment with Amex go through and when they realized they cancelled it, and asked me to use another card.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3345 posts
1397 upvotes
GTA
Miguel Sánchez wrote: One time I had a payment with Amex go through and when they realized they cancelled it, and asked me to use another card.
That's when you say "This is my only form of payment." Especially when it already went through.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2017
198 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
Miguel Sánchez wrote: One time I had a payment with Amex go through and when they realized they cancelled it, and asked me to use another card.
That sounds like the retailers problem not yours... They are contractually obligated to take your AMEX card, and you have paid successfully if the transaction was approved. I would just walk out, if they wan't to reverse the transaction that's their loss and $$$ in your pocket.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6715 posts
3052 upvotes
AMEX needs to update their participating locations.

A couple of "participating" locations in my neighbourhood actually closed for business last month.
User452441 wrote: No offers for me, on this promotion
I didn't get the email. But, I found and registered for the offer when clicking through the "Offers" section of my AMEX app.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2044 posts
416 upvotes
any places on the list selling giftcards? aroma used to be the best
Jan 28, 2004
977 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto
Got the offer on the website for 1 of my card. (Bonvoy) My Gold Amex don't have it.

Seems like it is just under the offers this time. Before we can go to the link and just register the other cards
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
6885 posts
7273 upvotes
Vancouver
They can't cancel and refund a payment unless you voluntarily agree to it. Next time, just say no and leave.
Jul 13, 2016
74 posts
105 upvotes
My offer disappeared on my account even after I registered for the offer. My account now says “registered to card” being zero!

Fortunately I took a screen shot of my app where it says I was successfully registered. Wasting my time to get this fixed through Amex call centre
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2499 posts
1214 upvotes
StevenW038982 wrote: My offer disappeared on my account even after I registered for the offer. My account now says “registered to card” being zero!

Fortunately I took a screen shot of my app where it says I was successfully registered. Wasting my time to get this fixed through Amex call centre
This happened to me in the last version, but I still got the credits within a few days. Give it a try.
Jul 13, 2016
74 posts
105 upvotes
Wasted 25 min to have a Amex rep tell me that the promotion they see on their end expired in October and that I was misreading it. I told them that I had a screen shot of the promo when it was launched and where it says I successfully registered. She then contacted the offers department and was told I was correct, and that there was a glitch on the system.

I told her that I wanted a credit on my account for the useless info she was telling me and my time to explain to her...she credited $10 to my account.

I said I wish the right hand communicated with the left hand!
Images
  • 55467937-C7B7-4466-AFDD-535398191320.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
6513 posts
1187 upvotes
multi city dweller
Has anyone been able to get more than 1x the $5 credit at the same store?

I was able to get multiple $5's at the same store last promo, ... how about this time?