Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Offers - YMMV - $20 statement credit with Mastermind Toys with $100 purchase

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 11:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1075 posts
1396 upvotes
Canada, eh?

[American Express] Amex Offers - YMMV - $20 statement credit with Mastermind Toys with $100 purchase

Savings:
$20 credit
Expiry:
July 31, 2020
Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
Capture.JPG
Register your eligible American Express® Card ending in XXXX between
May 27, 2020 and July 31, 2020.

Purchases made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program are not eligible purchases. Use your registered Card to spend at least $100 in qualifying purchases (after taxes and shipping) online at mastermindtoys.com between May 27, 2020 and July 31, 2020 and earn a $20 statement credit. You can earn a maximum of one (1) statement credit per registered Card during the offer period. Only the first 3,000 Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. Terms apply.*

Register your Card
To take advantage of this offer, log in to your Online Services account or the American Express® Mobile App. Visit the Amex Offers section and register your eligible Card.
Terms and Conditions
*Only the first 3,000 Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. When you click on the applicable link, you will be redirected to the merchant website.

The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/07/2020. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.

To be eligible for a $20 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $100 (CAD) after taxes and shipping, must be charged to your registered Card online at mastermindtoys.com during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. In the case of an online purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged on the shipping date and that date occurs after the offer ends. Offer is valid for purchases made online only at Mastermind Toys mastermindtoys.com. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $20 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period.

Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 31/07/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card.

In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
16 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1075 posts
1396 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Mastermind Toy's sells Lego...for those who are huge Lego fans ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4046 posts
2125 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I got this, now what do i buy?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53852 posts
18791 upvotes
thanks OP.

can we buy gift cards for these Amex offers?

i think most of us get the Wayfair and Altitude Sports offer too.
Aug 26, 2015
138 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These offers do drive business. I used the last 2 offers for Uber and Skip and ended up spending $40 and $50 because they offered me $5 each. Maybe I'm just weak :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1075 posts
1396 upvotes
Canada, eh?
alanbrenton wrote: thanks OP.

can we buy gift cards for these Amex offers?

i think most of us get the Wayfair and Altitude Sports offer too.
That's what I'm trying to figure out too...perhaps some brave soul here on RFD can try it out and let us know :P
Nov 12, 2017
95 posts
60 upvotes
Calgary
tekguy26 wrote: These offers do drive business. I used the last 2 offers for Uber and Skip and ended up spending $40 and $50 because they offered me $5 each. Maybe I'm just weak :)
Me too.....:(
Nov 6, 2006
244 posts
143 upvotes
Coquitlam
I got this email too but don't see the offer when I sign in?
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1247 posts
356 upvotes
Same here, got the email but the offer is nowhere to be seen in my account offers.

Unless 3000 people already registered for it before me.
d3van wrote: I got this email too but don't see the offer when I sign in?
Oct 24, 2009
726 posts
795 upvotes
Vancouver
Same here. I got the offer email 7am (PST) and opened it almost right away but no offer loaded in the account.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13411 posts
5009 upvotes
Toronto, ON
According to the customer rep I spoke to over the phone, the 3000 limit has already been reached. That's crazy fast as I got the email invitation just a few hours ago. It's too bad since I was actually needing to purchase from Mastermind Toys for my son's birthday gift for next week. It would have been nice to get the credit for the lego set he wanted.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2249 posts
663 upvotes
b0ne wrote: I got this, now what do i buy?
now you wait for additional website sale for the true RFD experience. it expires at the end of July so there is time.
PSN: Sakaban
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1280 posts
1395 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: According to the customer rep I spoke to over the phone, the 3000 limit has already been reached. That's crazy fast as I got the email invitation just a few hours ago. It's too bad since I was actually needing to purchase from Mastermind Toys for my son's birthday gift for next week. It would have been nice to get the credit for the lego set he wanted.
The offer is gone by 9:00 am PST time.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53852 posts
18791 upvotes
taya1214 wrote: Same here. I got the offer email 7am (PST) and opened it almost right away but no offer loaded in the account.
You have to log in and register for the specific offer.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13411 posts
5009 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alanbrenton wrote: You have to log in and register for the specific offer.
Ya, but even within 2 hours of receiving the email, the offer was no longer listed. So the 3000 spots were already claimed within 2 hours of the promotion.