Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] AMEX Personal Bonvoy - Earn 5 points for every $1 you spend on eligible groceries and food delivery

[OP]
Jun 15, 2016
81 posts
107 upvotes

[American Express] AMEX Personal Bonvoy - Earn 5 points for every $1 you spend on eligible groceries and food delivery

Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
Got this email today for elevated earn rate on the AMEX Personal Marriott Bonvoy card. 3 additional pts/$ spent at groceries and food delivery up to 30k pts (or $10k). Awesome deal considering the bonvoy pts have lower use in the near term but are super useful later on!

Hi... Gerbilz,

With travel on pause and every day expenses adding up, we understand that the way you use your Card may have changed, and we want to help you get the most value out of your Membership in the areas that matter most right now.

That’s why we’re introducing a limited time offer so that you
can continue to experience the value of your Marriott Bonvoy™
American Express® Card during this time.

YOU CAN NOW EARN
5 MARRIOTT BONVOY™ POINTS FOR EVERY $1 IN ELIGIBLE PURCHASES ON GROCERIES, FOOD DELIVERY AND TAKEOUT.¹

From May 15, 2020 to August 31, 2020.

items

That’s an additional 3 points per $1, up to a maximum
30,000 bonus points.

And remember, you still earn the following on your Card:

5 points for every $1 in eligible Card purchases at Marriott Bonvoy properties²
2 points for every $1 in all other Card purchases²
My life has become a cycle of figuring out what deals to return and what to keep.
AMEX Platinum, Bonvoy, Gold. Just Ask.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2566 posts
150 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Why would you use this instead of the Cobalt whose points have more value and can be redeemed much more easily?
1. you don't have a cobalt
2. you maxed out your cobalt 5x spend.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17796 posts
5041 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have Cobalt so I was excited about this offer.
Then I realized, my Uber account is full of credits and my grocery stores (RCSS & Costco) don't accept AMEX.

So, neat promo but I won't be able to participate because of AMEX's lack of acceptance across the Loblaws banner stores.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Moola Moola Moola
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11824 posts
3155 upvotes
Scarberia
DaVibe wrote: I don't have Cobalt so I was excited about this offer.
Then I realized, my Uber account is full of credits and my grocery stores (RCSS & Costco) don't accept AMEX.

So, neat promo but I won't be able to participate because of AMEX's lack of acceptance across the Loblaws banner stores.
yup epic fail on part too, i went to no frills to buy stuff for MS for my amex cc and they don't take it lol..bought a uber GC and cashed out with my stuff and then find out they don't take amex :(
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1188 posts
547 upvotes
Montreal
I got the same offer for my Amex Gold (personal) FYI
Feb 13, 2012
258 posts
124 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
Yeah and it's total bullshirt
Last edited by jokerswild1 on May 16th, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
11824 posts
3155 upvotes
Scarberia
bobloblaw007 wrote: Cheapest place for groceries that accepts AMEX I find is Food Basics :
https://www.foodbasics.ca/more-about-us ... ml#payment
do u know if they sell papajohns GCs there? im trying to buy gcs that code as 6x at grocery retailers..not sure if it will work
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17796 posts
5041 upvotes
Toronto
What's the value of 1 point, it's not 1% is it?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Moola Moola Moola
Jun 10, 2016
324 posts
256 upvotes
Durham
Use it at Walmart then. Cheapest place to buy groceries especially they do not throw tantrums while price matching like other Canadian stores..
Feb 13, 2012
258 posts
124 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
EmmEmm wrote: Use it at Walmart then. Cheapest place to buy groceries especially they do not throw tantrums while price matching like other Canadian stores..
Amex doesn't count Walmart as a grocery store unfortunately