227 posts
825 upvotes

[American Express] AMEX Platinum - $100 off towards Turo booking

Price:
$100 off
Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
Just got an email from AMEX for $100 for Turo booking. They sent out a personalized code. Not sure if this offer is only for platinum.

Terms and Conditions

1. Limit of one (1) offer per Canadian Basic Platinum Cardmember that has been sent this offer by email. Offer can only be used at www.turo.com or via the Turo mobile application and only by Cardmembers that meet Turo’s eligibility requirements. Drivers under the age of 25 may have to pay higher rates. Book your Turo reservation at www.turo.com or through the Turo mobile application between June 11 and October 31, 2019 and enter your promo code during checkout to receive $100 (CAD) off your total reservation. Promo code must be applied to Turo reservation at time of booking. One-time use only. No minimum purchase required. If the $100 (CAD) offer amount is not fully used, the remaining balance is forfeited and cannot be used again at a later date or in a separate transaction on the same purchase date. Offer has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash. Offer cannot be used toward a prior purchase or for payments made directly to hosts. Offer can be combined with Turo travel credits and other promotion codes. In the case of a cancelled reservation, the $100 (CAD) promo code will be refunded. Offer expires on October 31, 2019. Additional restrictions may apply. See support.turo.com. If you reserve a car outside of Canada, the value of the $100 CAD promo code will be converted to the local currency based on the exchange rate at the time of booking.

Peer-to-peer car rentals booked using www.turo.com or the Turo mobile application (the “Turo Platform”) will not be eligible for coverage under the American Express Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance available on your Platinum Card. To receive coverage, you will need to purchase insurance through Turo or alternative sources. Car rentals provided by “Commercial Hosts” booked using the Turo Platform may be eligible for coverage. For more information, please refer to your Certificate of Insurance or call American Express at the number on the back of your Card.

American Express is not responsible for the fulfillment of this offer.

™, ®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.

Copyright ©: Amex Bank of Canada 2019.

Turo and the Turo logo are registered trademarks of Turo Inc.

Mod Reminder: to keep this thread from getting derailed and/or locked, do not ask for or offer codes.
Images
  • 8D5BC19A-0D0B-48D8-80B9-A6AED75B43F6.jpeg
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 12th, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added reminder
45 replies
Aug 27, 2014
381 posts
191 upvotes
Anyone knows if I can give this code to anyone? These codes could make a great gift for a car passionate who likes to try fancy cars through Turo.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
3022 posts
469 upvotes
LuxErus wrote: Anyone knows if I can give this code to anyone? These codes could make a great gift for a car passionate who likes to try fancy cars through Turo.
Also wondering.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2822 posts
1759 upvotes
Langley
HOTTTTT

I just got this email. I've been dying to drive a panamera and I think this $100 will push me over the edge!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3674 posts
3072 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Good chance to rent a pick-up truck or minivan for hauling some (clean) stuff.

$100 should be enough for a day + insurance.
Nov 23, 2014
348 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I too received the email
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1478 posts
923 upvotes
Montréal
Does this happen often? Thinking about getting a paltinum but i got a cobalt instead
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1252 posts
749 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I would love trying Turo but choice is limited in my area. I was wondering recently if the platinium was worth it. Quite a perk!
Oct 12, 2005
360 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
anyone here use the service that could provide feedback ? $100 off is decent.
172 upvotes
JFRACINE wrote: I would love trying Turo but choice is limited in my area. I was wondering recently if the platinium was worth it. Quite a perk!
The Platinum perks are slowly being eroded in Canada... Turo has some nice options in the States, here its meh -$>490 for a 2013 CLS or 2014 Rover Sport, no thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1134 posts
180 upvotes
Sweet I got the Email too!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1525 posts
609 upvotes
keddie2 wrote:
The Platinum perks are slowly being eroded in Canada... Turo has some nice options in the States, here its meh -$>490 for a 2013 CLS or 2014 Rover Sport, no thanks.
$490/day to rent a $40 K SUV?? Lol I'll buy a fleet of them if I can actually get ppl to pay that much on a regular basis. I doubt anyone rents it at that price.

I just checked out of curiosity and I see a red one in Toronto for $67 a day base price.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1282 posts
1152 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: Why? I had trouble choosing it over cobalt?
Between the travel credit, lounge access, gold mariott and all the perks like this they throw out yearly they pay us to have it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)