Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Platinum Double Rewards: Double the points 4%/8%/12% Cashback

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 11:26 pm
[OP]
Jun 7, 2017
348 posts
1371 upvotes
Ottawa

[American Express] Amex Platinum Double Rewards: Double the points 4%/8%/12% Cashback

Expiry:
July 20, 2020
Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
May 11th update:
Business Platinum COVID-19 Relief Starting May 28, 2020
$100 Business Credit
You will be receiving a one‑time $100 statement credit following your account renewal. No action necessary. Terms apply.
Business Platinum Cardmembers with an account renewal in 2020 will be eligible to receive a one-time $100 statement credit after Card renewal. For Cardmembers with a renewal from January 1, 2020, to May 31, 2020, the statement credit will be applied to the eligible Card account within 8-12 weeks following the month of June. For Cardmembers with a renewal from June 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020, the statement credit will be applied to the eligible card account within 8-12 weeks of the account renewal month. This statement credit is limited to Basic Cardmembers only and is not available to Supplementary Cardmembers. Offer is non-transferable. If the eligible Business Platinum Card is cancelled, or if you have downgraded or upgraded your Card up to 45 days after the first day of your renewal month, you will not receive the one-time $100 statement credit. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke this offer at any time.
Plan ahead with a preview of upcoming offers starting May 28, 2020:
Receive up to $680 in statement credits with purchases made at select electronics, wireless and shipping merchants. Terms apply.
bbbbb.jpg

April 24th update:
Offical Q&A claimed that all Canadian Plat Cardholders are eligible including new signiups.
1.png
April 22nd:
I received this email 1 hour ago. Currently, it only applies to Amex Personal Platinum.

Double Rewards:

2 MR/1$ on Everything
4 MR/1$ on Travel
6 MR/1$ on Dining out

Double the points: (Redeem points for purchases)
20.jpg

1,000 MR = $20

Double & Double

4% cashback on Everything
8% cashback on Travel
12% cashback on Dining

Double Rewards: Double the points. Double the value.
Why Double Rewards?
In these challenging times, some Platinum benefits may prove more valuable than ever before. But what about enhanced ‘everyday’ value?

One important Platinum benefit is Membership Rewards® points – where you earn points for virtually every $1 you spend. To ‘double down’ on this aspect of everyday Platinum value, we’re introducing Double Rewards: earn double the points, enjoy double the value – available from April 21 until July 20, 2020.

Earn Double the Points
Through Double Rewards, over the next three months, you will earn double rewards points on all your spend: any retailer, anywhere and anytime*. Food delivery. Check. Online retailers. Check. Streaming services. Check.

Enjoy Double the Value
Additionally, if you choose to pay (or partially pay) for any purchase charged to your Platinum Card with points – through the Use Points for Purchases program – you’ll enjoy twice the value.

Use Points for Purchases gives you the freedom to pay for almost any purchase charged to your Card with points – and now they will go twice as far**. From streaming movies to ordering groceries – it’s easy. Simply select a purchase on the Amex App or your online statement and opt to pay with points.

Use Points for Purchases now
We hope that Double Rewards will provide extra value in these challenging times.

Lisa G Kalhans
President and CEO, Amex Bank of Canada
email.jpg
Last edited by MichaelSun on May 11th, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Thread Summary
I would think that this is not a targeted offer.
1248 replies
[OP]
Jun 7, 2017
348 posts
1371 upvotes
Ottawa
haranzo wrote: I didn't get this email....
It is not a targeted offer.
Every Personal Platinum holder can enjoy this offer.

You can check your "Ues Point for Purchasese" and you can see this:
20.png
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6203 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
So we have to earn and redeem before end of July for max return?

Going to be hard spending anything on travel or dining though...
Last edited by greg123 on Apr 21st, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1324 posts
938 upvotes
Montreal
I closed my Platinum 3 years ago, maybe I should give it a try, who knows I may get the bonus points again.
But who knows it they won't wait 90 days to award the welcome bonus point, so after the promo ends... LOL
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1321 posts
796 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Is it valid for new applications? Its quite a timing to refer someone!
May 10, 2017
291 posts
168 upvotes
Great
Thanks!
Donate to your local food bank today!
Aug 24, 2014
61 posts
54 upvotes
Markham, ON
Same question: closed the platinum card 3 years ago, will I get welcome points?
Jan 9, 2010
114 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Chenyy600 wrote: Same question: closed the platinum card 3 years ago, will I get welcome points?
YMMV as always for multiple bonuses with AMEX
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2464 posts
349 upvotes
didn't get email, but yeah got the 1000 points = $20 in my account
Aug 15, 2013
202 posts
108 upvotes
Westmount
Could you buy restaurant gifts cards and get the 12% cashback?