Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Platinum Double Rewards: Double the points 4%/8%/12% Cashback

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 11:26 pm
Feb 7, 2018
114 posts
366 upvotes
NOOOOOOO!!!! I just redeemed $500 worth of point last week and I lost $500 now. Anyone has the same problem here?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12120 posts
3265 upvotes
Scarberia
weird, i never got this offer, i have amex plat i rarely use..i have only 400 pts lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Jun 7, 2017
423 posts
1759 upvotes
Ottawa
ExcelPremium wrote: Didn’t get the email
This is not a targeted offer.
Every Personal Platinum holder can enjoy this offer.
Jul 21, 2011
1 posts
Sounds like a great deal. Can anyone comment on the current referral offer(s), if there are any?
May 22, 2018
99 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
Tommyyy wrote: NOOOOOOO!!!! I just redeemed $500 worth of point last week and I lost $500 now. Anyone has the same problem here?
Try calling/chatting in and see if they’re willing to retroactively apply the credit difference.
Feb 7, 2018
114 posts
366 upvotes
PeterD14152 wrote: Try calling/chatting in and see if they’re willing to retroactively apply the credit difference.
I just did and they said the promotion is so new and they don't know what to do with it but they doubt they will do something for compensation.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2219 posts
593 upvotes
YVR
Current cardholder for years. Usually don't charge much to the card. Was considering closing it this year since travel dried but this changes things for sure atleast for the next few months.

Anyone know if delivery services like ubereats or skipthedishes shows as dining or travel or just general?
Zoomer
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2285 posts
1020 upvotes
Mississauga
TeriyakiJack wrote: Current cardholder for years. Usually don't charge much to the card. Was considering closing it this year since travel dried but this changes things for sure atleast for the next few months.

Anyone know if delivery services like ubereats or skipthedishes shows as dining or travel or just general?
Food delivery has been updated to show as dining.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Jul 20, 2014
841 posts
173 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Arent points better still used for business and first class flights?
Aug 27, 2012
464 posts
415 upvotes
Calgary
This is interesting. It looks like you can only apply points to transactions made this year, I can't see anything older than Jan 15, 2020 in the list of eligible transactions which is a shame. In addition to that you have to have enough money owing on the card, otherwise it won't let you apply points either if that means it would make your balance go into positive (AMEX owes you).

There was also a separate email about issuing replacement $200 travel vouchers valid for next year to replace ones expiring soon for those who didn't have a chase to use theirs. I am wondering if there's anything that can be done about the annual fee or are there any retention offers available?. My card is coming up due for renewal in June and not being able to use its travel benefits makes it hard to pay $700 for it again.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1122 posts
1440 upvotes
Canada, eh?
vinnie1990 wrote: Food delivery has been updated to show as dining.
Not all of them. It’s YMMV so far. STD shows up as non-restaurant. Ubereats shows up as restaurant.
Dec 4, 2017
270 posts
244 upvotes
Eithay wrote: Could you buy restaurant gifts cards and get the 12% cashback?
Yes, as long as the merchant is categorized as dining. Don't purchase restaurant gift cards at drug store.
Jul 19, 2006
677 posts
60 upvotes
pauliaK wrote: This is interesting. It looks like you can only apply points to transactions made this year, I can't see anything older than Jan 15, 2020 in the list of eligible transactions which is a shame. In addition to that you have to have enough money owing on the card, otherwise it won't let you apply points either if that means it would make your balance go into positive (AMEX owes you).

There was also a separate email about issuing replacement $200 travel vouchers valid for next year to replace ones expiring soon for those who didn't have a chase to use theirs. I am wondering if there's anything that can be done about the annual fee or are there any retention offers available?. My card is coming up due for renewal in June and not being able to use its travel benefits makes it hard to pay $700 for it again.
How did you apply points to anything other than the current statement? Maybe this is just a mobile app limitation but I only see it for current statement