Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex Platinum Double Rewards: Double the points 4%/8%/12% Cashback

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 11:26 pm
Oct 14, 2017
897 posts
717 upvotes
Katie91 wrote: I am thinking of signing up. Referral just adds 10k pts right?
Yep 10k with an additional $2000 minimum spend requirement.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12155 posts
3285 upvotes
Scarberia
another epic fail...fedex tried to dliver my card but i was asleep lol..i just woke up now at 2pm, i got a sticker notice on my front door...they need signature..do they attempt delivery again or do i have to drive all the way to markham , woodbine and steeles? SMH
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2425 posts
2433 upvotes
GTA
mikka2017 wrote: another epic fail...fedex tried to dliver my card but i was asleep lol..i just woke up now at 2pm, i got a sticker notice on my front door...they need signature..do they attempt delivery again or do i have to drive all the way to markham , woodbine and steeles? SMH
Pickup at your closest FedEx location, listed on sticker notice?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5911 posts
5127 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: another epic fail...fedex tried to dliver my card but i was asleep lol..i just woke up now at 2pm, i got a sticker notice on my front door...they need signature..do they attempt delivery again or do i have to drive all the way to markham , woodbine and steeles? SMH
They don't need signature, they just need hand it to a human and confirm the person the package is labeled to lives at the address.

During this pandemic no courier or delivery service is doing signature release, they just need confirmation from someone.

Did they leave any other information on the slip?
I guess call the number and give the tracking # as reference to see what you need to do.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12155 posts
3285 upvotes
Scarberia
mzmoney wrote: Pickup at your closest FedEx location, listed on sticker notice?
yup tells me to pickup at the location in markham 56 steelcase, but i don't wanna go cuz it might be on the truck still, prolly go tommorrow to be safe, don't wanna waste my time! sucks that i fell asleep lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 8, 2013
321 posts
131 upvotes
British Columbia
yeah i wasnt home when fedex delivered, had to go pick up. they just checked ID and was all good, nothing to sign.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7699 posts
2064 upvotes
multi city dweller
mikka2017 wrote: yup tells me to pickup at the location in markham 56 steelcase, but i don't wanna go cuz it might be on the truck still, prolly go tommorrow to be safe, don't wanna waste my time! sucks that i fell asleep lol
with such an important package and you fell asleep?
you should be subjected to punishment according to military law ... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

btw, the note should say what time the package is ready for you to pickup ... usually after 1 pm the next day ...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5911 posts
5127 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: yup tells me to pickup at the location in markham 56 steelcase, but i don't wanna go cuz it might be on the truck still, prolly go tommorrow to be safe, don't wanna waste my time! sucks that i fell asleep lol
Call that location and give them any reference #s / tracking #s and confirm when it will be available for pickup.
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes
I got my AMEX canceled today. It's sad that AMES is the only one of the financial institutions that are not providing some help at this time with the annual fees. BMO, TD, and CIBC both waived the annual fee of 120 (and 150) for another year. However, AMEX was only suggesting to downgrade to Gold and pay the 150. I even asked them if they can waive it. They were not able to even offer me another card with no annual fee, I had to re-apply as if I am applying for a new card and got a credit check on my credit history.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7699 posts
2064 upvotes
multi city dweller
dealicious wrote: I got my AMEX canceled today. It's sad that AMES is the only one of the financial institutions that are not providing some help at this time with the annual fees. BMO, TD, and CIBC both waived the annual fee of 120 (and 150) for another year. However, AMEX was only suggesting to downgrade to Gold and pay the 150. I even asked them if they can waive it. They were not able to even offer me another card with no annual fee, I had to re-apply as if I am applying for a new card and got a credit check on my credit history.
Just curios, are you referring to the per plat ?
How much was the spend on the card last year?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12155 posts
3285 upvotes
Scarberia
LOL808 wrote: with such an important package and you fell asleep?
you should be subjected to punishment according to military law ... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

btw, the note should say what time the package is ready for you to pickup ... usually after 1 pm the next day ...
note doesn't say when its ready for pickup! :(, was hoping or thought fedex just leaves package inside my front screen door, i guess driver was picky and didn't want to leave package
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5911 posts
5127 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: note doesn't say when its ready for pickup! :(, was hoping or thought fedex just leaves package inside my front screen door, i guess driver was picky and didn't want to leave package
Normally they would leave the package, especially during this pandemic but not for certain packaging that have specific instructions not to be left.

Call the FedEx location to check when the package will be available for pickup.
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
37 posts
57 upvotes
LOL808 wrote: Just curios, are you referring to the per plat ?
How much was the spend on the card last year?
yes for Plat,
I don't exactly remember the spend but we were putting all our expenses on the AMEX, we even paid a down payment for a lease on a car using AMEX. I felt no understanding from them for this situation.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12155 posts
3285 upvotes
Scarberia
Gtaphotog wrote: Call that location and give them any reference #s / tracking #s and confirm when it will be available for pickup.
calling 1800 number was useless, no live person, automated robot! its telling me 3 other locations for pickup if i want to resend the package lol, doesn't mention the location on the back of the doortag, damn stupid driver,doesn't give me good instructions on the door tag
he leaves blank:

the ____ packaages will be avail. after ____pm at this location

and he doesn't checkmark, unless u make other arrangements ,we will attempt delivery again, so i don't think they will try to come back today
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2425 posts
2433 upvotes
GTA
mikka2017 wrote: calling 1800 number was useless, no live person, automated robot! its telling me 3 other locations for pickup if i want to resend the package lol, doesn't mention the location on the back of the doortag, damn stupid driver,doesn't give me good instructions on the door tag
he leaves blank:

the ____ packaages will be avail. after ____pm at this location

and he doesn't checkmark, unless u make other arrangements ,we will attempt delivery again, so i don't think they will try to come back today
Any FedEx tracking/door tag #?

https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/tracking.html#

Maybe, driver coming back tomorrow, on Friday!