• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 10:02 am
Mar 28, 2010
627 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
MyNameIsDan wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 10:29 am
Got it on my Personal Gold. Not sure if I want to go around doing this again as I'm still owed $10-15 from last time. The participants being listed on their map seems to mean nothing.
whatyoulookinatbud wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 9:56 am
i see this offer too! thanks OP!

Just checked the amex map link, so its only valid at locations with the small shops logo?
Did you filter for the "Spend $5, Get $5" or just look at the general map? I think the general map is all the merchants who accept AMEX, but you have to filter for the specific promo to see the stores that it's eligible at.
Nov 1, 2010
154 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
kevinyvr wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 12:06 pm
Did you filter for the "Spend $5, Get $5" or just look at the general map? I think the general map is all the merchants who accept AMEX, but you have to filter for the specific promo to see the stores that it's eligible at.
yes, I scouted the places I went specifically off the map filters. They only honoured 2 locations.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1317 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
Also, just because a shop worked for with the last promo does not guarantee that it will work for this promo.

There were few shops that used to work and still have the proper filter on the map and didn't work on last promo.

Basically, if you are not in a hurry, wait for people's result from this promo.
Dec 25, 2013
914 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if you can buy a $5 giftcard for this?
Oct 14, 2017
519 posts
361 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 3:27 pm
Anyone know if you can buy a $5 giftcard for this?
Yep worked for me. Just make sure you check what stores have the Spend 5 Save 5 this time as there seems to be some changes.
Apr 6, 2007
344 posts
86 upvotes
We need to have a separate post with regular updates, to capture all the ongoing AMEX offers; similar to the gift card promotion thread
Feb 10, 2019
23 posts
20 upvotes
Weird. Got it on my 2x cash back card, but not my cobalt (Vancouver). Kind of annoying since I'll probably use it at bars/cafes and would rather use my cobalt for the charge.
Dec 25, 2013
914 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
This whole promotion is kinda a joke, not complaining but it's kinda funny, I see there are some mcdonalds and tim hortons in the "shop small" but others aren't. Probably wouldn't goto them anyways but saw that they were on the list which is kinda funny, giant corporate stores aren't what I think of when I think of "shop small"
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7153 posts
1720 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 4:34 pm
This whole promotion is kinda a joke, not complaining but it's kinda funny, I see there are some mcdonalds and tim hortons in the "shop small" but others aren't. Probably wouldn't goto them anyways but saw that they were on the list which is kinda funny, giant corporate stores aren't what I think of when I think of "shop small"
Maybe they're individually owned and thus not as corporate?
Feb 25, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Ychanceit wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 4:34 pm
I got $5 back at a Dollarama. It's kinda random. But it was random the last time they had it.
Aug 17, 2006
194 posts
114 upvotes
Coquitlam BC
First, thank OP for pointing out!

I participated in last round without any problems. Once you spend $5 and above (that's including tax) then the credit posts within 1-2 days. Note, I also used with same vendor and the credit posted as well last time; will try again this time around.

I checked the map again and it looks like there are listing for small business but only some of them have the $5 logo as well. I would caution to stick to those locations only. Unless others report back on those business that only have the small business logo and it works...
Oct 14, 2017
519 posts
361 upvotes
jammin825 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 5:03 pm
First, thank OP for pointing out!

I participated in last round without any problems. Once you spend $5 and above (that's including tax) then the credit posts within 1-2 days. Note, I also used with same vendor and the credit posted as well last time; will try again this time around.

I checked the map again and it looks like there are listing for small business but only some of them have the $5 logo as well. I would caution to stick to those locations only. Unless others report back on those business that only have the small business logo and it works...
Is it just me or is CF Pacific Center/Oakridge Center also listed - if it actually works there its probably a good time to get some gift cards.
Aug 5, 2018
451 posts
523 upvotes
Didn't find this deal until now, due to Prime day moving the forum too fast.

Indeed, 5 amex personal cards, only Cobalt got targeted. (so $25)

It also seems that only main cards can register this time around:

supplementary cards do not get amex offers
No public sign up page has been found.

I guess this deal is not as hot as it used to be.
Oct 8, 2015
645 posts
319 upvotes
Many merchants are not participating this promo so even you can sign up for multiple cards you might not be able to use them all
xx1what wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 6:01 pm
Didn't find this deal until now, due to Prime day moving the forum too fast.

Indeed, 5 amex personal cards, only Cobalt got targeted. (so $25)

It also seems that only main cards can register this time around:

supplementary cards do not get amex offers
No public sign up page has been found.

I guess this deal is not as hot as it used to be.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5460 posts
1041 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I loaded $5 multiple times to my second cup gift card easily. But it seems that almost all of the second cup no longer participate $5 off promo this time around