[American Express] Amex Shop Small Spend $5 get $5 is back! [targeted?]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 10:02 am
Dec 12, 2004
381 posts
93 upvotes
ricedion wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 6:45 pm
Last time I loaded $5 multiple times to my second cup gift card easily. But it seems that almost all of the second cup no longer participate $5 off promo this time around
Only one of my 4 Amex cards were targeted this time around. Loaded $5 at a Second Cup today and will confirm if the credit posts. It did show up as a Shop Small on the map.

They also had a "NO AMEX PLEASE" sign written on the payment terminal. I paid with Amex Express Pay no issues. And you can report locations that won't take Amex here: TakeAmex.ca
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5461 posts
1041 upvotes
Toronto
turbov6 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 8:52 pm
Only one of my 4 Amex cards were targeted this time around. Loaded $5 at a Second Cup today and will confirm if the credit posts. It did show up as a Shop Small on the map.

They also had a "NO AMEX PLEASE" sign written on the payment terminal. I paid with Amex Express Pay no issues. And you can report locations that won't take Amex here: TakeAmex.ca
Even last time not all second cup participated to the $5 promo. Only some participating locations. You need to filter with spend $5 get $5. But I do hope you get it. Please report back.
May 26, 2009
280 posts
296 upvotes
Calgary
I am really curious how they decide which cards to use this offer. It showed up on a Biz Plat, but not on the Cobalt, Personal Gold or Biz Gold. Too bad that you couldn't sign up all cards (including supplemental) like last time. But it is still free money.
Feb 24, 2018
15 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like it's a targeted offer. I don't see it on the apps/website.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4529 posts
1236 upvotes
Madchester wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 10:55 am
If you go-to your Amex Dashboard, there's a new blue box on the right hand side that says "AMEX Offers".

I applied via that link. Thanks OP for the heads up.

My amex offers show up near the bottom. I currently have 6 amex cards and I don't see this on any of the 6 cards. Maybe it will show up later?
Feb 9, 2017
4 posts
5 upvotes
crimsona wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 7:39 pm
Got the email finally, but no public registration link, only to the targeted card.
There is actually a "public" registration page for each participating city, but I have only been able to figure out the URL for one of the cities (as I don't have the offer codes for the other cities). I have successfully registered all of my Canadian AmEx cards, including the Supplementary cards.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5070 posts
380 upvotes
ameccy wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 8:39 pm
There is actually a "public" registration page for each participating city, but I have only been able to figure out the URL for one of the cities (as I don't have the offer codes for the other cities). I have successfully registered all of my Canadian AmEx cards, including the Supplementary cards.
Which city do you have?
May 26, 2011
535 posts
319 upvotes
Arrow wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 12:19 am
Which city do you have?
That's THE question. It was their first post, suspicious.

Only my personal gold got targeted this time. I guess those days of being able to register all cards were too good to continue.
Koodo, booking.com, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Drop, meridian, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM and Tangerine customer.
Feb 9, 2017
4 posts
5 upvotes
maverikbc wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 12:45 am
That's THE question. It was their first post, suspicious.

Only my personal gold got targeted this time. I guess those days of being able to register all cards were too good to continue.
IMG_amex_register.png

This is the "public" registration page I mentioned, though the web address is not yet publicized anywhere as far as I know. I figured it out myself, but only for this one city. I have successfully registered all my Canadian AmEx cards on this page.

As there is a limit placed on the number of registrants, it'll be fine with me if you continue to believe this is "suspicious" and "too good to" be true.
Last edited by ameccy on Jul 17th, 2019 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 17, 2008
651 posts
186 upvotes
BC
ameccy wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 2:54 am
IMG_amex_register.png

This is the "public" registration page I mentioned, though the web address is not yet published anywhere as far as I know. I figured it out myself, but only for this one city. I have successfully registered all my Canadian AmEx cards on this page.

As there is a limit placed on the number of registrants, it's fine with me that you continue to believe this is "suspicious" and "too good to" be true.

Thanks, got it working :)

Some hint: use the old registration link from previous promotion and change the offer code. Each city has its own offer code which can be found in the registered link of the targeted email
Mar 21, 2011
718 posts
258 upvotes
Delta
lyh_chnxm wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:19 am
Thanks, got it working :)

Some hint: use the old registration link from previous promotion and change the offer code. Each city has its own offer code which can be found in the registered link of the targeted email
Thanks, took a few tries but finally got it.
Mar 21, 2011
718 posts
258 upvotes
Delta
Not too sure if using the link would work because it's not showing up in AMEX Offer after the enrollment.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2360 posts
1094 upvotes
lypang wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 3:41 am
Not too sure if using the link would work because it's not showing up in AMEX Offer after the enrollment.
Please report back if you got the $5 credit when you enrolled this way.
Oct 8, 2015
645 posts
319 upvotes
The link was already in the post from previous promotions on rfd ...you guys just didn’t realize.

Hint: shopsmall<city>