Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Amex Shop Small Spend $5 get $5 is back! [targeted?]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 10:02 am
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Does anyone else have the following? When I registered the primary card on the Amex Dashboard, the offer moved to 'Registered to Card (1)'. Now today, after I registered 2 supplementary cards (using the link kindly supplied above), the offer disappeared from the folder now showing as 'Registered to Card (0)' !

I wonder what the status is for this offer now.
Jul 27, 2017
400 posts
556 upvotes
akaManny wrote: Does anyone else have the following? When I registered the primary card on the Amex Dashboard, the offer moved to 'Registered to Card (1)'. Now today, after I registered 2 supplementary cards (using the link kindly supplied above), the offer disappeared from the folder now showing as 'Registered to Card (0)' !

It showed up under "redeemed offer" for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1426 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
How come the participant map no longer shows "Spend $5 Get $5" logo beside the store. Just Shop Small logo. Are those the ones that qualify for this promo?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1324 posts
1217 upvotes
w00t wrote: How come the participant map no longer shows "Spend $5 Get $5" logo beside the store. Just Shop Small logo. Are those the ones that qualify for this promo?
If you filter by Spend $5 get $5 do any store show up?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2749 upvotes
Vancouver
w00t wrote: How come the participant map no longer shows "Spend $5 Get $5" logo beside the store. Just Shop Small logo. Are those the ones that qualify for this promo?
There is a $5 icon beside the merchant is the merchant is taking part in this promo.

Use the filter and check off Spend $5, Get $5 AND Shop Small Map.

Once you have registered, does amex send you an email confirming your card has been registered?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
nochill wrote: It showed up under "redeemed offer" for me.
Where do you see "redeemed offer"?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2749 upvotes
Vancouver
oscar1999 wrote: If you filter by Spend $5 get $5 do any store show up?
Yes.

None in Richmond BC but some in Vancouver BC.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1324 posts
1217 upvotes
Speedy1 wrote: Yes.

None in Richmond BC but some in Vancouver BC.
Yeah the promo is for Vancouver so most of the stores are in Vancouver this time - there were a few stores in the GVA last promotion but they seemed to have taken them out along with some stores that participated last time (eg. Miniso, Muji).
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10592 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
They also added stores. Save on Foods on West Blvd is on the spend 5 get 5 list. If legit, I know where I'm using all my Amex cards...

It's possibly the only SoF on the list

H mart UBC/Dunbar/Downtown are definitely new too

There's a black hole in Richmond, but also Burnaby between boundary road and Edmonds
Sep 12, 2009
64 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
Will be using for coffee and muffins Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1426 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
Speedy1 wrote: There is a $5 icon beside the merchant is the merchant is taking part in this promo.

Use the filter and check off Spend $5, Get $5 AND Shop Small Map.

Once you have registered, does amex send you an email confirming your card has been registered?

I know that is the problem. I no longer see "Spend $5, Get $5" in Toronto. Maybe this deal is more so for Vancouver area.

Maybe no more locations near me anymore, used to be up to 20 places last promo.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
akaManny wrote: Does anyone else have the following? When I registered the primary card on the Amex Dashboard, the offer moved to 'Registered to Card (1)'. Now today, after I registered 2 supplementary cards (using the link kindly supplied above), the offer disappeared from the folder now showing as 'Registered to Card (0)' !

Maybe safer not to be greedy then
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2658 posts
1546 upvotes
w00t wrote: I know that is the problem. I no longer see "Spend $5, Get $5" in Toronto. Maybe this deal is more so for Vancouver area.

you might have looked at the US site, and wouldnt have the filter. Try this map.
http://www.americanexpress.com/en-CA/maps
PSN: Sakaban
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2749 upvotes
Vancouver
crimsona wrote: They also added stores. Save on Foods on West Blvd is on the spend 5 get 5 list. If legit, I know where I'm using all my Amex cards...

It's possibly the only SoF on the list

H mart UBC/Dunbar/Downtown are definitely new too

There's a black hole in Richmond, but also Burnaby between boundary road and Edmonds
I am thinking the same thing about save on food. Too bad they likely won't have a self check counter.

A little awkward buying 30 or so items and using 6 amex cards and paying separately with each card 5 times each.

It's a bit of a drive for me so I am hoping I just need to make one trip.

Looks like all H Mart are in it incl ones in Coquitlam and Surrey.

I registered all 6 of my cards even though I didn't get initial email offer.

No email from amex confirming my card(s) are registered.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
w00t wrote: I know that is the problem. I no longer see "Spend $5, Get $5" in Toronto. Maybe this deal is more so for Vancouver area.

Try entering a postal code, such as M6A 2T9 (Yorkdale)
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
turbov6 wrote: Only one of my 4 Amex cards were targeted this time around. Loaded $5 at a Second Cup today and will confirm if the credit posts. It did show up as a Shop Small on the map.

They also had a "NO AMEX PLEASE" sign written on the payment terminal. I paid with Amex Express Pay no issues. And you can report locations that won't take Amex here: TakeAmex.ca
Did Second Cup post? I don't see any of them as being part of the spend $5 get $5 promo.

Quick edit: Not true, there's the one at 25 The West Mall and that's the only one in Toronto. I hope that's where you went!
Deal Guru
Sep 9, 2003
10592 posts
4839 upvotes
Burnaby
Speedy1 wrote: I am thinking the same thing about save on food. Too bad they likely won't have a self check counter.
That Save on Foods has 3 or so self checkout lanes, from memory. It's not a big location though

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)