Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex SimplyCash Preferred™ Card: 10% cashback welcome offer on first $5,000 spent)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 11:08 pm
Newbie
Apr 3, 2019
13 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal
Chew300ZX wrote: You're right, I still had the tab open. I pressed 'refresh' and it changed to zero :(

I actually clicked/applied when it still said 30$ (changed 15ish mins after); got approved right away but didn't get my 30$ (got the GCR email yesterday). Oh well, can't win em all.
Member
Dec 3, 2018
320 posts
295 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: Amex SimplyCash Preferred

10% cashback for up to $4,000 MSR for the first 4 months of spend.

New offer starting September 2, 2020

That works out to $400 cashback

Have to pay the $99 annual fee, so your net gain is $301 on first $4,000 spent.

2% cashback on anything after the welcome offer.

Cashback is only redeemable once a year in September, so you'd have to wait until next year to get the cashback.

You can cancel up to 30 days after annual fee has been posted (in one year) and get refund on 2nd year annual fee.

You might be able to keep credit history by switching to the free version.
Does anyone know if this card will be eligible for Dell.CA $250 discount?
Jr. Member
Mar 31, 2020
135 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Bummer. Only applied for - and received - the card a little over a month ago.
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
6889 posts
3148 upvotes
Montreal
Hsharpreet wrote: Does anyone know if this card will be eligible for Dell.CA $250 discount?
That discount is over and it was for platinum card
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 7, 2007
11493 posts
4635 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: Amex SimplyCash Preferred

10% cashback for up to $4,000 MSR for the first 4 months of spend.

New offer starting September 2, 2020

Any end date for this promo? ... When is the deadline to apply for this promo?


Any minimum income needed in order to be approved for this Amex Preferred card?
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2012
552 posts
527 upvotes
NS
Darkman wrote: Any end date for this promo? ... When is the deadline to apply for this promo?


Any minimum income needed in order to be approved for this Amex Preferred card?
There is no stated expiry date for this offer.
AMEX does not have min income requirements.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 9, 2005
2361 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
FYI - GCR cashback is showing $60. The earlier posts mention that it was previously removed or 0.00.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1114 posts
643 upvotes
Vancouver
sw1ft wrote: FYI - GCR cashback is showing $60. The earlier posts mention that it was previously removed or 0.00.
Thank you! Applied and approved!
Jr. Member
Jun 30, 2016
158 posts
88 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
How long does the card take to arrive?

Need to spend on some insurance soon, so I hope it arrives by then!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2166 posts
229 upvotes
sw1ft wrote: FYI - GCR cashback is showing $60. The earlier posts mention that it was previously removed or 0.00.
but it also says teh $60 isnt coming to GCR and that AMEX pays it. weird
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 1, 2015
782 posts
442 upvotes
Scxm Free Zone
Too much hassle to cancel for me. Would rather keep it if I had one

Wonder if this is a good card to use in general. A lot of features seem to overlap with my World Elite MC
Zoomer Wireless happy new customer:
800 mins + 5G LTE data for $36 + $100 new activation credit + $50 credit

Do your part to end the monopoly. Every little bit helps.
Member
Oct 5, 2011
379 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
How is the cashback paid out? Statement credit? Or cheque?
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2012
552 posts
527 upvotes
NS
chapman_w wrote: How is the cashback paid out? Statement credit? Or cheque?
Statement credit once a year in September.
Newbie
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
39 upvotes
Wish this was mc/visa as insurance doesn't take amex but I can pay prop tax via paytm after paying 2-3% fees. A new credit hit as I don't have any amex atm. Decisions
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2016
1645 posts
2941 upvotes
Toronto
CALITSLA wrote: Wish this was mc/visa as insurance doesn't take amex but I can pay prop tax via paytm after paying 2-3% fees. A new credit hit as I don't have any amex atm. Decisions
Doesn’t matter if you have amex or not.. It’s always a new hit based on my pass experience
[FS] SportChek GC at 87%
I love great flight deals

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)