Hot Deals

[American Express] Amex SimplyCash Preferred™ Card: 10% cashback welcome offer on first $5,000 spent) advertised as $4,000

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 4:17 pm
Aug 1, 2010
105 posts
56 upvotes
meetulp wrote: login on amex webpage , Click on Home > On right side you should see CASHBACK Balance
Yeah that's where it is usually but yesterday night it wasn't there for some reason, maybe system update weird stuff
Jun 21, 2016
232 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto/Melbourne
trigger0 wrote: I did.. just that I'm on different promo of 5%, but got the bonus cashback

AMEX.png
Awesome! Thanks :D
SW
Feb 9, 2014
55 posts
175 upvotes
AJ2122 wrote: Applied today. First time AMEX card. Application sent for review. Hopefully gets approved soon.
Just in case if they reject it and send you a letter , call them up on New accounts number and ask politely the reason of rejection. Mine went to review too but got rejected but after talking it was approved.
Oct 4, 2020
8 posts
3 upvotes
I got a call for verification and they need utilities document as a second proof. With all the scams going around, a little bit worried. Is this normal? They have sent link in email as well to upload.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5528 posts
4432 upvotes
AJ2122 wrote: I got a call for verification and they need utilities document as a second proof. With all the scams going around, a little bit worried. Is this normal? They have sent link in email as well to upload.
Not uncommon, for first time Amex cardholders. They don't have an actual brick and mortar for you to go into, like the Big Five, where you're often requested to bring in photo ID to confirm you're not a carpet-flying Prince. So Amex gives you options, such as uploading utilities/bank statements as proof of your identity, or you can wait for them to send you a letter which you then bring to a Canada Post outlet to show your photo ID, to finalize the confirmation that you are who you puport to be. Good news though is that you're likely already approved, else they would've flat out declined you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8004 posts
392 upvotes
Stupid question that I just realized, I am moving next month so best to apply after I move? Thad sucks though since I want that card for BF shopping.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Sep 22, 2020
78 posts
117 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Not uncommon, for first time Amex cardholders. They don't have an actual brick and mortar for you to go into, like the Big Five, where you're often requested to bring in photo ID to confirm you're not a carpet-flying Prince. So Amex gives you options, such as uploading utilities/bank statements as proof of your identity, or you can wait for them to send you a letter which you then bring to a Canada Post outlet to show your photo ID, to finalize the confirmation that you are who you puport to be. Good news though is that you're likely already approved, else they would've flat out declined you.
I actually have a magic carpet that was given to me as a present by a Nigerian prince in Pakistan. Come to Brampton and I’ll fly you over Canada! How does that sound buddy, eh?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5528 posts
4432 upvotes
AJ2122 wrote: Thank you. This helps!
Not wanting to mis-lead, but it's not a guarantee that you are already approved, but rather my educated guess. Good luck, nonetheless, and hope you don't need it.
elty wrote: Stupid question that I just realized, I am moving next month so best to apply after I move? Thad sucks though since I want that card for BF shopping.
You're moving Nov 1st? In 7 days?
This is a bit tricky. There's a low chance you'll get the card by this coming Friday, Oct 30th, even if you're instantly approved, or approved right after calling in upon getting a pending review outcome, since these cards are not FedEx'd, and are instead delivered regular Canada Post delivery, snail mail.

Looking at the scenarios, for online applications they may rely on locating your credit file based on your current/established address, so if you DO list down bureau address, then it won't be delivered to your new address. You could supply your SIN, but even though it's probably fine to do so from a secured online point of view, my family isn't comfortable with this, so we just don't ever list it down.

On the flip side, if you apply and list down your new address, they may not approve you right away due to the discrepancy. However, if you DO get approved, it will get delivered to your new location.

I think either way you should call Amex right after you've applied/approved and explain where your new delivery address will be, and they can help you adjust accordingly.

Others may have better ideas, but that's my first glance thoughts, having never been in this situation before.
Internetsurfer wrote: I actually have a magic carpet that was given to me as a present by a Nigerian prince in Pakistan. Come to Brampton and I’ll fly you over Canada! How does that sound buddy, eh?
I've already had a several rides with the Nigerian or African Prince, but never the one from Pakistan. :lol:

I did a quick search for the internet Prince in my RFD post history. Look how many times he's ridden shotgun with me:
viewtopic.php?p=27973479
viewtopic.php?p=28594940
viewtopic.php?p=28785675
viewtopic.php?p=29726916
viewtopic.php?p=30015095
viewtopic.php?p=30109108
viewtopic.php?p=30616322
viewtopic.php?p=30747883
viewtopic.php?p=31191629
viewtopic.php?p=31717015
viewtopic.php?p=32232596
viewtopic.php?p=32914266

Bee, the Uber-Carpet-Rider
Feb 12, 2011
63 posts
110 upvotes
Ottawa
How long does it take them to issue the $10 statement credit for additional cards?
Jan 2, 2014
49 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was allowed to switch my CC with Amex. I called in to cancel my Cobalt card. The CSR asked me why I am canceling and I said I was not getting the value out of it after paying the monthly fee. The CSR then suggested me to get it switched to the Amex Choice card as it will keep the account open for me. I accepted that and got the replacement Choice card in a week or so
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3517 posts
927 upvotes
GTA
renesa05 wrote: I was allowed to switch my CC with Amex. I called in to cancel my Cobalt card. The CSR asked me why I am canceling and I said I was not getting the value out of it after paying the monthly fee. The CSR then suggested me to get it switched to the Amex Choice card as it will keep the account open for me. I accepted that and got the replacement Choice card in a week or so
Choice card? I thought those were discontinued.
Jan 2, 2014
49 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jaszy wrote: Choice card? I thought those were discontinued.
I don’t know if it was discontinued. This was early last year. I don’t use that card often. Last time I used probably 4-5 months back!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2977 posts
750 upvotes
Mars
i have American Express simply cash card now, not sure if this gonna help me get the card or they will reject me for "redundant" cards?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)