Hot Deals

[American Express] AMEX Targeted Offer: Hotel/Car $100 Bill Credit for $450 Spend @ Amex Travel

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2020 10:24 pm
[OP]
Jan 8, 2012
610 posts
353 upvotes
Williams Lake

[American Express] AMEX Targeted Offer: Hotel/Car $100 Bill Credit for $450 Spend @ Amex Travel

Savings:
22%
Expiry:
February 29, 2020
Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
E-Mail offer today.

Register your card, book hotel or car rentals totalling $450 by Feb 29th, 2020 at Amex Travel Site, receive $100 bill credit.

One purchase, or cumulative purchases.

I've used similar offers before for hotel rooms. You have to do some research, as the prices at Amex Travel are generally higher than other sites. But there are savings to be made.

Edit: Fine print says that this does not apply to the Hotel Collection or to the Fine Hotels and Resorts Programs.
Last edited by wudtsilake on Jan 16th, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
56 replies
Jul 4, 2012
170 posts
128 upvotes
Thanks. Got it on a Personal Gold card.
Mar 3, 2015
338 posts
390 upvotes
King City
Got it on my Cobalt.

This is perfect because I like to take advantage of the 2 night Hotel Collection bookings and those usually come out to $450-600 for 2 nights.
[OP]
Jan 8, 2012
610 posts
353 upvotes
Williams Lake
TheSheldor wrote: Got it on my Cobalt.

This is perfect because I like to take advantage of the 2 night Hotel Collection bookings and those usually come out to $450-600 for 2 nights.
My apologies, I don't think this applies to the Hotel Collection or to the Fine Hotels and Resorts Programs.

I should have mentioned that in the OP. But check the fine print on your offer, perhaps it's different with the Cobalt Card.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4206 posts
532 upvotes
Scarborough
Checked my Amex Platium. Got nothing :(
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1784 posts
1676 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Didn't get it on my personal plat.
Poutinesauce wrote: I just looked at the prices and wow they are insane. Do not book anything on Amex Travel, it's WAY, WAY overpriced, even with a $100 rebate factored in. No way!
Completely depends. Some hotels are way more, others are identical, and sometimes it's been significantly cheaper if the hotel is on sale. I usually check them out when i book and generally it's pretty close to the price on expedia and direct hotel site.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
5971 posts
4187 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: Didn't get it on my personal plat.

Completely depends. Some hotels are way more, others are identical, and sometimes it's been significantly cheaper if the hotel is on sale. I usually check them out when i book and generally it's pretty close to the price on expedia and direct hotel site.
Orbitz.com has USD prices that are lower with the exchange rate factored in, and 15% rebate on hotel bookings by using the code APP15 in their app. These beat expedia prices by a lot.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1690 posts
245 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: I just looked at the prices and wow they are insane. Do not book anything on Amex Travel, it's WAY, WAY overpriced, even with a $100 rebate factored in. No way!
YMMV, shop around. Most times hotels are cheaper on other travel sites or directly via hotel websites but sometimes Amex travel can be significantly cheaper. I've seen almost $100 per night discount with Amex especially because they price in the conversion rate for US hotels. On my last booking to Anaheim we paid around $170CAD per night via Amex travel while the hotel direct price was $190USD.

Side note: I did not receive this for my Platinum card and it does not show up in the offers section of the app.
Mar 3, 2009
736 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It's important to remember that the AMEX portal has all taxes already in their price so the prices they list are all in prices, that is the price they will change to your AMEX.

They are not always competitive but sometimes you can get good deals.
Oct 30, 2017
147 posts
149 upvotes
Do they do price match?
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you might have.
Dec 4, 2011
961 posts
325 upvotes
Montreal
There are good deals on amex, especially FHR with 3rd night free deals and they include late check-out, room category upgrade, free breakfast, $100USD food/Bev credit. We use it at Chateau Frontenac all the time and you cannot beat it (even with the 40% off Accor Platinum private sales).

You also get all elite benefits on FHR bookings which is rare, OTA bookings are usually not eligible for status benefits at most chains.
Dec 29, 2012
820 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
dr_torch wrote: It's important to remember that the AMEX portal has all taxes already in their price so the prices they list are all in prices, that is the price they will change to your AMEX.
I think this is very important to note and why it may seem like Amex travel is so much more expensive.
Aug 13, 2019
50 posts
116 upvotes
I planned on stacking the hotel collection with this promo on my Cobalt..... still too overpriced. I don't need a 5 star hotel, I just want a 3-4 star with a clean and safe area....