American Express Cobalt (#amexcobalt)
We are excited to share that effective August 16, 2021, the American Express Cobalt Card will be undergoing exciting changes. The
updated American Express Cobalt Card will retain all the great benefits Cardmembers already enjoy, with added new exciting
benefits to help them earn points faster.
For an overview of the updated benefits associated with the American Express Cobalt Card, please see below:
- Cardmembers can now earn 3 points for every $1 on eligible streaming subscriptions at select providers in Canada. The
- current list of providers is available at americanexpress.ca/streaming.
- Cardmembers can enjoy Mobile Device Insurance of up to $1,000 of coverage.
- Cardmembers points can go even further than before and now you can redeem fewer points for statement credits.
- Prior to May 31, 2021, Cardmembers could redeem 1,000 points for a $10 credit for eligible travel purchases or 1,000
- points for a $7 credit for all other eligible purchases. Now Cardmembers can redeem 1,000 points for a $10 credit for
- all eligible purchases.
- Cardmembers will now be able to transfer Membership Rewards points to frequent flyer and loyalty programs.
- Cardmembers can continue to earn:
- 5x the points on eligible eats and drinks purchases in Canada
- 2x the points on eligible transit and gas purchases in Canada and eligible travel purchases.
- 1 Membership Rewards point for every $1 spent on all other eligible Card purchases
- The monthly fee on the Card will be increasing to $12.99
After August 16, 2021, all Cardmembers will receive a new Card made with 99% recycled plastic on their anniversary date.
Saw this on Instagram. Looks like a black card, but not.
Supposedly launching next week in Canada. Rewarding those who eat/travel a lot.
[Official Link]: American Express Canada - Cobalt
[Link to Sign-up is live!]: jerryhung - Post #192
I wonder what it could be! Anyone with more info?
Reason: added new changes to card