Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Free $10 with 3 mobile wallet transactions - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2018 5:24 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
3009 posts
1629 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: So do I just donwload amex android app or something? Never used a phone app for purchases.
You need to successfully register first as it is highly YMMV for being targeted then you can use Amex Pay within their app.
Loose lips sink ships. | His Majesty's Naval Service
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Android Pay didn't work on my Huawei GR5 phone ... It's not NFC capable or something like that.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
McMaggot wrote: You need to successfully register first as it is highly YMMV for being targeted then you can use Amex Pay within their app.
YeaI clicked the register in the email and it's confirmed I'm registered. But didn't see any link other than use google pay or amex pay
Jul 8, 2010
227 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
divetus wrote: Amex pay is AMEX's mobile app, where you register your card for NFC payments. This way you don't have to use a 3rd party app - Android, Samsung, Apple pay but you can use it straight from the AMEX app.
thx,
what is Android Pay , how to use it ?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
Darn amex pay or android pay doesn't work with rooted devices?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
what a stupid promo.....
"Unfortunately the maximum number of Cardmembers have already enrolled for this offer. Please visit americanexpress.ca for other great offers."
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Well, i'm happy to see this promo is worthless to me because my phone does not have NFC. Apparently Android Pay needs it to make payments at the shop.

I don't know if I can use android pay to make purchases online though
May 29, 2007
248 posts
17 upvotes
when does the statement credit get deposited into your account?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2011
1826 posts
1515 upvotes
toronto
Did 3 payments 30th Nov and 1st Dec using amex card on apple pay, got a notification today morning that $10 statement credit is added to my account...
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
rxanderq wrote: when does the statement credit get deposited into your account?
Same, I am interested to know - have made like 8 payments at this point (didn't notice the Samsung Pay promo until now, figured I'd use the same card...) and still nothing. Fine print says up to 2 statement cycles/90 days, but from other posts in this thread it seems like it shouldn't take that long...
Oct 26, 2016
170 posts
127 upvotes
sports1 wrote: Same, I am interested to know - have made like 8 payments at this point (didn't notice the Samsung Pay promo until now, figured I'd use the same card...) and still nothing. Fine print says up to 2 statement cycles/90 days, but from other posts in this thread it seems like it shouldn't take that long...
I made my first (registered) purchase on Dec 1, then made my 3rd and final one by Dec 4. $10 was posted to my credit statement by Dec 6, didn't get an email though like the $5 small business credit promo

Great November/December overall, was able to triple dip via using AMEX on samsung pay to get all 3 promos for $20 Cineplex (Samsung pay_, $25 credit shoppping small (AMEX), and now this $10 statement for using AMEX via samsung pay Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4847 posts
2020 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there a minimum amount required? Minimum time between consecutive purchases?
Jul 13, 2008
26660 posts
18596 upvotes
GTA
KC108 wrote: My 3 transactions that I used Apple Pay for posted:
-10 Dec STARBUCKS 19865 MARKHAM $0.74
-10 Dec STARBUCKS 19865 MARKHAM $0.74
-08 Dec MCDONALD'S #40573 RICHMOND HILL $1.05

Now comes the waiting game.
Update:
Got the email saying that I earned the $10 credit on December 13th and it actually posted on my account today on Dexember 14th.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
cwai471 wrote: I made my first (registered) purchase on Dec 1, then made my 3rd and final one by Dec 4. $10 was posted to my credit statement by Dec 6, didn't get an email though like the $5 small business credit promo

Great November/December overall, was able to triple dip via using AMEX on samsung pay to get all 3 promos for $20 Cineplex (Samsung pay_, $25 credit shoppping small (AMEX), and now this $10 statement for using AMEX via samsung pay Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Can you guide me to use the app please? I know nothing about it. What app should I download and how to go from there.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
Dealfinder111 wrote: Can you guide me to use the app please? I know nothing about it. What app should I download and how to go from there.
You can download american express app. You can ecen use apple pay or android pay and register your amex card there.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: You can download american express app. You can ecen use apple pay or android pay and register your amex card there.
Is there a place that we have to activate the" Amex pay"? According to the email that I receive. Where can I find it?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3497 posts
2144 upvotes
Etobicoke
Dealfinder111 wrote: Is there a place that we have to activate the" Amex pay"? According to the email that I receive. Where can I find it?
Once you login to the app. Go to menu bar and you will see amex pay. Its very easy to setup. Setup will be difderent on iphone and android. I am using android. So if you have any question related to it. I can help you.
Apr 13, 2006
37 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
deals46 wrote: Did not want to start another thread but YMMV - check your emails for a second offer...

Earn up to 300 AIR MILES®* Bonus Miles when you pay with your eligible American Express Card using a mobile wallet!

Seems to be a similar offer but for Air Miles instead of $10. The email stated that my eligible card was automatically registered for this offer. I have an Air Miles Amex as well as the Simply Cash card so I received both emails/offers. Guess I'll look in to installing Android Pay...? Yikes - their plan worked! :rolleyes: Will do 6 transactions to receive $10 and 300 Air Miles - did someone mention McDonald's? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I also got the same offer and completed the three purchases, but I have not got the bonus air miles yet. Wonder if you have any luck? Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
I have not received any of the bonus Air Miles as of yet either (although I did get the $10 credit).

They had this in the email details:
"This Bonus Miles may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be posted to your AIR MILES Collector Account, after you have completed the qualifying purchases. American Express is responsible for fulfillment of this offer. LoyaltyOne, Co. is not responsible for this Bonus Miles offer."

I'm assuming that it'll show up - plus we're talking about 300 Air Miles, not 3,000 so I'm not overly concerned. Guess it takes more time to process than the $10 credit.
I can't afford to save that much!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)