• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2023 7:52 am
[OP]
Mar 20, 2013
213 posts
783 upvotes
Edmonton

[American Express] Hello Fresh - Spend $70 Earn $20 in statement credit

Only the first 15,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. When you click on the applicable link, you will be redirected to the merchant website.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 07/03/2023. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
To be eligible for a $20 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $70 (CAD) after taxes and applicable fees, must be charged to your registered Card on the HelloFresh mobile application or online at www.hellofresh.ca/amex20 during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. In the case of a purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged by the merchant on a different date (for example, on the shipping or delivery date), and that date occurs after the offer ends. Delivery of purchase(s) is only available within Canada.
Offer is for meal kit subscription purchases made on the HelloFresh mobile application or online at www.hellofresh.ca/amex20, only valid on orders paid for in CAD dollars and shipped within Canada. Offer is non-transferable. Meal kit subscription purchases are subject to HelloFresh terms and conditions. You can cancel your subscription at any time. You can earn a maximum of $20 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 07/03/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card account.
In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
Images
  • Screenshot_20221208-210630.png
12 replies
Sep 24, 2022
19 posts
21 upvotes
Is hello fresh even worth it after 20 dollar cheaper?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
3380 posts
5481 upvotes
Calgary
slattyslat wrote: Is hello fresh even worth it after 20 dollar cheaper?
Depends on the person. I prefer to source my own ingredients and recipes which will always be cheaper than these meals in a box. But if time is money and you're making a lot of it, these kits are definitely convenient.
Mar 23, 2019
145 posts
115 upvotes
I personally stack Amex offers with their 40-50% retention offers. I think it’s somewhat worth it In that case.
Apr 28, 2019
370 posts
380 upvotes
With Rakuten $7.5, I think it comes to $45.95 (i.e. 65 + Tax - 20 -7.5), for 4 people x 3 recipes per week (only the 1st week).

Btw, does the price HelloFresh show include taxes? And not all groceries have tax i guess!
Public Mobile | Tangerine
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1593 posts
1814 upvotes
Edmonton
Haven't ordered them in a long time but they had the worst quality produce of any of these sorts of companies. Good recipes though. Not too fancy and good tasting.
Apr 28, 2019
370 posts
380 upvotes
balaca wrote: With Rakuten $7.5, I think it comes to $45.95 (i.e. 65 + Tax - 20 -7.5), for 4 people x 3 recipes per week (only the 1st week).

Btw, does the price HelloFresh show include taxes? And not all groceries have tax i guess!
Hold on, don't place any subscription yet, before FULLY understanding the T&Cs, payments etc. looks like cancelling even before the first delivery isn't an option!

Seems very shady!
Public Mobile | Tangerine
Jun 11, 2014
284 posts
423 upvotes
Edmonton
Got this on my Cobalt, I already subscribe to Hello Fresh and get the occasional promo code from my Manulife Vitality membership.
Not a bad value if you average out the cost per meal, but I skip whenever the menu doesn't sound appealing or I already have too much food in my fridge.

Looks like this is available on Scotia Amex's as well, so you can double dip: https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2015
1019 posts
1308 upvotes
balaca wrote: Hold on, don't place any subscription yet, before FULLY understanding the T&Cs, payments etc. looks like cancelling even before the first delivery isn't an option!

Seems very shady!
You can't cancel before your first delivery but you can "skip" the following week to ensure you don't get an unwanted delivery and then cancel after you get your first box. It works the same for other meal subscriptions like Chef's Plate and Goodfood. I use all three and select whichever one looks most appealing each week and just click "skip" on the others for that week. By the way, if anyone wants to try a free box, I have several to give away, just pm me.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2015
1019 posts
1308 upvotes
balaca wrote: Btw, does the price HelloFresh show include taxes? And not all groceries have tax i guess!
There is no extra charge for taxes, but they do charge a delivery fee. I'm not sure if it varies by location but it's $9.99 per box here in Atlantic Canada.
Mar 18, 2004
36 posts
1 upvote
I'm wondering if it's actually necessary to purchase through the url www.hellofresh.ca/amex20 because that seems to apply a coupon identical to the "20 free meals" one but I found the 11 free meals coupon I got as a mailer is actually better for the first couple of weeks and I'd rather use that one obviously.

Edit: Rereading it, it says use the mobile application or go to the url. I'm guessing the url doesn't matter for the credit. Never mind! Leaving this here in case anyone else might be wondering.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1831 posts
1239 upvotes
Near You
hmm, not targeted. Not a big deal really, would probably just activate the deal and not use it anyway.
Cards: Aeroplan Reserve • Cobalt • US Gold • Bonvoy
Airlines: Aeroplan SE • KLM Silver
Phone: AT&T Unl Max CA/US • Google Fi • Free.fr
Group Buys: NextDeparture
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2015
1019 posts
1308 upvotes
Pottsdam wrote: I'm wondering if it's actually necessary to purchase through the url www.hellofresh.ca/amex20 because that seems to apply a coupon identical to the "20 free meals" one but I found the 11 free meals coupon I got as a mailer is actually better for the first couple of weeks and I'd rather use that one obviously.

Edit: Rereading it, it says use the mobile application or go to the url. I'm guessing the url doesn't matter for the credit. Never mind! Leaving this here in case anyone else might be wondering.
You don't have to use that url. As long as you have a $70 amex charge, you'll get the credit. I got it on both mine and hubby's.