Hot Deals

[American Express] Redeem MR points for 1¢ / 2¢ each on all purchases

  • Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2020 11:32 am
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7657 posts
947 upvotes
TO
I guess that's the best in terms of easy redemption directly from Amex for Personal gold and Platinum card.

Just redeemed 30K for prepaid amex cards - better do it now b/f they run out/sold out.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2104 posts
598 upvotes
I think this might be a targeted offer, I see a number of people reporting they didn’t get the email offer. Can someone who didn’t get the email confirm if they are able to redeem at the promo rate?
Member
Aug 4, 2005
248 posts
30 upvotes
drunkgoat wrote: I think this might be a targeted offer, I see a number of people reporting they didn’t get the email offer. Can someone who didn’t get the email confirm if they are able to redeem at the promo rate?
I can confirm that I did not receive the email; yet on my online Amex profile I can redeem at the 1000 per $20 rate
Newbie
Oct 31, 2018
67 posts
36 upvotes
Would you plz elaborate? Got 100k so far but no sure what to do
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7657 posts
947 upvotes
TO
Dang y'all I didn't realize there were so many Pers Plays card holders on RFD, that 100K salary that is relatable I guess.

Still holding on to my tiny shiny Pers (poor man's) Gold card Relieved Face
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Sr. Member
Sep 11, 2011
671 posts
266 upvotes
Alberta
Just prepaid $1000 on my house insurance and then cashed out 100K MR-S on my cobalt.

Thanks OP.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 24, 2012
880 posts
328 upvotes
Mississauga
wilhelmthe1st wrote: Just prepaid $1000 on my house insurance and then cashed out 100K MR-S on my cobalt.

Thanks OP.
how do you pay insurances with credit cards? using services like plastiq?
Sr. Member
Sep 11, 2011
671 posts
266 upvotes
Alberta
TrackerJacker wrote: how do you pay insurances with credit cards? using services like plastiq?
Wawanesa allows direct online payments.
Member
Aug 17, 2008
324 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone applied their MR points towards a purchase yet? I was only able to apply points against my current balance ($409) - did so this morning. Though, its still showing my balance as owing, no credit yet and I see my points have been reduced/redeemed. Note: first time holder of this card, has not been churned etc.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 9, 2011
7720 posts
8438 upvotes
Vancouver
pererac wrote: Has anyone applied their MR points towards a purchase yet? I was only able to apply points against my current balance ($409) - did so this morning. Though, its still showing my balance as owing, no credit yet and I see my points have been reduced/redeemed. Note: first time holder of this card, has not been churned etc.
It takes a day, maybe two to post.
Member
User avatar
Oct 11, 2009
305 posts
405 upvotes
BC
pererac wrote: Has anyone applied their MR points towards a purchase yet? I was only able to apply points against my current balance ($409) - did so this morning. Though, its still showing my balance as owing, no credit yet and I see my points have been reduced/redeemed. Note: first time holder of this card, has not been churned etc.
I redeemed two purchases last nite from my Plat and the credit showed this morning.
Jr. Member
Nov 12, 2008
127 posts
34 upvotes
Montreal
Argh, just converted 15k MR points on Apr 19 at 0,01$/MR rate. Anybody in the same situation has tried to call them and ask for "redeem price protection"?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 9, 2011
7720 posts
8438 upvotes
Vancouver
Kipoots wrote: Argh, just converted 15k MR points on Apr 19 at 0,01$/MR rate. Anybody in the same situation has tried to call them and ask for "redeem price protection"?
Travel expenses that redeemed at 1¢/pt before still redeem at the same 1¢ now. Unless you have platinum. If that’s the case, no they won’t give this deal retroactively. Someone already asked and was denied.
Member
Jun 16, 2009
406 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga
TrackerJacker wrote: how do you pay insurances with credit cards? using services like plastiq?
In my case CAA Insurance takes Credit Cards. Both Auto Insurance and Home Insurance.

Top