Grande Prairie, AB
Boo no love for Scotia Gold Amex or Bonvoy
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
7720 posts
8439 upvotes
Vancouver
BHA1 wrote: What is the highest “usual” value of a point? I think even for business class travel I haven’t seen 2c per point. I thought Amex points were worth approximately 1.25 to 1.5c when redeemed for travel (and travel being best value. Gift cards and merchandise are far less)

I have a TON of points and am thinking of redeeming at 2c now as if travel won’t be higher (or isnt likely to be) then this is the way to go.
I got 6.5¢/point on coach one time. Took advantage of an Avios transfer 30% bonus and used it to book a 1-way BA flight BUD-LHR-YVR, which was cash expensive ($1500) but points cheap (17,000 MR + $400 taxes).

That was an extreme case but it shows what’s possible with a little luck.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2951 posts
310 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Does this conversion bonus affect AMEX to Bonvoy conversion for Cobalt cardholders? Eg: do we get more miles to Bonvoy now or is it still at 1.2?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Apr 23, 2017
546 posts
318 upvotes
Chandlerparsons wrote: Wait can I redeem all my points to have a negative balance?
YES! I was able to do so and sitting on a nice statement credit at the moment
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Sep 24, 2012
880 posts
328 upvotes
Mississauga
i want to buy AMEX giftcard but i dont see any option anywhere. all i see this when i go to https://www.americanexpress.com/canada/ ... _giftcards

The information on this website pertains to American Express Gift Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada, which are no longer offered. Please check the back of your card for issuer information. If your card is issued by Peoples Trust Company, you have an American Express Prepaid Card. For prepaid card balance, customer service and Cardholder Agreements, please visit amexprepaidcard.com
Feb 13, 2012
191 posts
96 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
RunOrDie wrote: Does this conversion bonus affect AMEX to Bonvoy conversion for Cobalt cardholders? Eg: do we get more miles to Bonvoy now or is it still at 1.2?
No not yet but who knows that may be coming to try and get people to travel once this is all done
Aug 31, 2003
613 posts
65 upvotes
White Rock, BC
yugsekwaf wrote: YES! I was able to do so and sitting on a nice statement credit at the moment
Wow I haven't done anything with my points <was planning on saving for a trip to Italy for a cousins wedding next year>...but I've accumulated 700,000 points over last 3 years...that means converting for $14,000...this is very tempting.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10423 posts
2613 upvotes
Scarberia
too bad no double points on AF! 700$ eats up my profits! no kickbacks :(
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>