Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Save 25% On AMERICAN EXPRESS® Prepaid Cards

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2022 12:30 pm
May 21, 2015
850 posts
1173 upvotes
Saskatoon

[American Express] Save 25% On AMERICAN EXPRESS® Prepaid Cards

I just got the email saying save 25% on Amex Prepaid Cards.
Images
  • amex.png
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2392 posts
17567 upvotes
If you have a Cobalt card, it already lets you redeem at 1 cent per point.

Not sure why you'd want a mailed prepaid card when you can just apply a statement credit to money you've spent at the same valuation.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16788 posts
12572 upvotes
Markham
thebigkielbasa wrote: Isn’t this a savings of 20%?
That's why they don't hire you:) no one likes smart people
Feb 26, 2017
32 posts
38 upvotes
hvwkzq wrote: You can fly Business Class to Europe for 70000 points. 100000 points for $1000 is a waste.
How? All the roundtrip business class flights I searched were ~$7,000. And the fixed points program is 140,000 points, and even then only works if the base ticket price doesn't $2,500.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
3478 posts
13851 upvotes
Toronto
Leverage wrote: If you have a Cobalt card, it already lets you redeem at 1 cent per point.

Not sure why you'd want a mailed prepaid card when you can just apply a statement credit to money you've spent at the same valuation.
True, I would just redeem for statement credit.

But if someone wants to redeem one as a gift for a friend or family member, could be useful. Though would people like receiving a prepaid AMEX, given that it's not accepted everywhere?
Feb 20, 2017
213 posts
418 upvotes
EddySaver wrote: True, I would just redeem for statement credit.

But if someone wants to redeem one as a gift for a friend or family member, could be useful. Though would people like receiving a prepaid AMEX, given that it's not accepted everywhere?
Just give them cash? It makes no sense giving them something that is more of a hassle to spend while costing you the same either way.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
Used to do this with TD, id redeem whatever I could for XX%, use them at the store. Whatever I get it's XX% off.
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)