Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Shopping.ca Gift Card by Ivanhoé Cambridge - Spend at least $100 and Earn $20 credit. Up to 3 times - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 2:24 pm
Sep 15, 2019
272 posts
1004 upvotes
High
khkchan wrote: So I can go to Bayshore mall, get a $300 gift card and ask the agent to process as three times $100 transaction, I will get $60 (offer) + $5 ( shop small), a new $25 gift card for the shopping mall offer. Am I correct?

Can I use the gift card at Walmart Bayshore?

Thanks
I think Amex only let’s you spend $100x2 in 24 hours to get the bonus. But according to customer service, Walmart doesn’t accept mall gc.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2414 posts
2420 upvotes
GTA
Babaji01 wrote: I think Amex only let’s you spend $100x2 in 24 hours to get the bonus.
$100 X3 transaction same day works, to receive $20 x 3 AMEX credits
Jul 27, 2016
897 posts
970 upvotes
Kanata
khkchan wrote: So I can go to Bayshore mall, get a $300 gift card and ask the agent to process as three times $100 transaction, I will get $60 (offer) + $5 ( shop small), a new $25 gift card for the shopping mall offer. Am I correct?

Can I use the gift card at Walmart Bayshore?

Thanks
You can split the $300 into 3x $100 transactions.

And don't try to buy a different GC at the Walmart self-checkout with the Bayshore GC - it didn't work for me when I tried to buy an Esso GC. It paid for my groceries with the Bayshore GC and then spat out a paper that said I needed to use a different method of payment to buy the Esso GC and I had to wait for an attendant to come over to sort it all out. I would try a cashier to see if it goes through unnoticed.

Final tip, when any store asks how you want to pay you say "credit" or "AMEX" when paying with the mall GC. Don't say "gift card", you'll usually waste time waiting for them to cancel the transaction and re-process it as a credit card payment. :)
Sep 7, 2003
683 posts
250 upvotes
Went by my local Ivanhou mall and picked up 3 separate gift cards each for $125. Got the $10 bonus on each (they expire Oct 31). Went straight to the Apple Store and bought a $405 gift card.

Total came to $315 after all rebates.
May 28, 2018
10 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
SkillOverload wrote: The offer for Ivanhoe Cambridge malls in Quebec (buy $200, get a bonus $30 card) is better than the offer for malls in other provinces (buy $250, get $25).

Has anyone placed an order already? It would be nice to know if the bonus card is shown in the order confirmation email. If the bonus card shows up in the email, it would be better to buy GCs online at the websites of malls in Quebec.
I bought a $200 Eaton Centre gift card online and the $30 reward card showed on my confirmation email. I received two emails to redeem the gift cards. One for $200 and one for $30. The email states that I need to show my confirmation email at the Montreal Eaton Centre so I'm not sure if you could buy a gift card from a Quebec mall and redeem it in another province.
Apr 9, 2019
21 posts
7 upvotes
Is there a way to get $25 + $15 from the Pay It Forward promo if I want to buy 3 x $125?
Nov 12, 2017
87 posts
127 upvotes
Jenn843 wrote: I bought a $200 Eaton Centre gift card online and the $30 reward card showed on my confirmation email. I received two emails to redeem the gift cards. One for $200 and one for $30. The email states that I need to show my confirmation email at the Montreal Eaton Centre so I'm not sure if you could buy a gift card from a Quebec mall and redeem it in another province.
Thanks for the info!

Did the second email about the $30 gift card include this message?

"5. If you wish to, come pick up your e-gift card in one of our other Ivanhoé Cambridge centres."

Also, were the formats of both emails similar? When I ordered a gift card online before, the confirmation email showed the amount of the gift card and an "e-gift card number".

If the second email clearly states $30, has an e-gift card number and includes the message I quoted above, then there shouldn't be a problem with redeeming the $30 bonus gift card in another province.
Last edited by SkillOverload on Aug 18th, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 9, 2019
21 posts
7 upvotes
TruE SkiLLS wrote: Just a quick calculation:

$315 for $410 = 23.2% discount
That's basically paying 2x $125 for $40 credit + $25 gc, then 1x $125 for $20 credit + $10 gc.

Pretty decent discount assuming you have something to buy. Sucks cause you have to "hide" your gc swipe when trying to buy a gc from SDM otherwise I'd prob take advantage of it.
Are you able to get $25 gc by buying 2 x $125 in separate payments to get $40 from amex? Or vice versa, get $40 from amex from a $250 transaction?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5400 posts
858 upvotes
redsflagsdeal wrote: Are you able to get $25 gc by buying 2 x $125 in separate payments to get $40 from amex? Or vice versa, get $40 from amex from a $250 transaction?
Jsut tell them you want to buy a $250 gc, but separate payments into 2 transaction of $125 each, then you can get the $25 GC. In theory even if you ask to buy 5x $50 gift cards, you should be able to get the $25 GC if you're looking at the conditions:
Get a $25 bonus card with the purchase of $250 in gift cards.
Or
A $10 bonus card with the purchase of $125 in gift cards.*

It says $250 in gift cards... not 1 $250 gift card.
Sep 7, 2003
683 posts
250 upvotes
TruE SkiLLS wrote: Jsut tell them you want to buy a $250 gc, but separate payments into 2 transaction of $125 each, then you can get the $25 GC. In theory even if you ask to buy 5x $50 gift cards, you should be able to get the $25 GC if you're looking at the conditions:
Get a $25 bonus card with the purchase of $250 in gift cards.
Or
A $10 bonus card with the purchase of $125 in gift cards.*

It says $250 in gift cards... not 1 $250 gift card.
I tried every which way and they wouldn’t budge for me. It was either $125 for $10 or $250 for $25. No other options.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1222 posts
1096 upvotes
For people who successfully bought other GC with this AMEX prepaid GC, what’s your strategy? I remember you have to punch in the last four digits of the car number.....right?
May 28, 2018
10 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
SkillOverload wrote: Thanks for the info!

Did the second email about the $30 gift card include this message?

"5. If you wish to, come pick up your e-gift card in one of our other Ivanhoé Cambridge centres."

Also, were the formats of both emails similar? When I ordered a gift card online before, the confirmation email showed the amount of the gift card and an "e-gift card number".

If the second email clearly states $30, has an e-gift card number and includes the message I quoted above, then there shouldn't be a problem with redeeming the $30 bonus gift card in another province.
You are right. I read too quickly. Both emails had the same format (gift card amount and e-gift card number). They also included the below instructions. So it sounds like you would be able to redeem the gift cards in another province.

How to redeem your e-gift card

1. Present this confirmation to the Le Centre Eaton de Montréal Guest Services (printout or on your mobile phone)
2. Show one government identity card or equivalent abroad with your full name and photo, to prove your identity. See details here
3. Guest Services will record this unique e-gift card number and transfer the amount onto a plastic gift card.
4. Shop away! The card can be used at most of our retailers, listed here
5. If you wish to, come pick up your e-gift card in one of our other Ivanhoé Cambridge centres.
Jul 7, 2013
533 posts
730 upvotes
Can you use the same gc across Ivanhoe Cambridge centres? For example, in Metropolis Burnaby & Le Centre Eaton - or is it attached to the place you picked it up?

If anyone knows, TIA!

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1114 posts
643 upvotes
Vancouver
klamchowder wrote: Can you use the same gc across Ivanhoe Cambridge centres? For example, in Metropolis Burnaby & Le Centre Eaton - or is it attached to the place you picked it up?

If anyone knows, TIA!

cheers,
:)
Yes, you may use it at any Ivanhoe Cambridge centre.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1222 posts
1096 upvotes
Fxxk this is ridiculous the lady at Metrotown told me I cannot double dip so won’t let me separate the payment

The mandate came this morning