Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Shopping.ca Gift Card by Ivanhoé Cambridge - Spend at least $100 and Earn $20 credit. Up to 3 times - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 2:24 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1239 posts
1116 upvotes
so anyone gets to do separate payments for $250 GC at other Ivanhoe shopping malls? It's absurd that they don't even honour the verbiage on their own website

"
Get a $25 bonus card with the purchase of $250 in gift cards.
Or
A $10 bonus card with the purchase of $125 in gift cards.*
"
Nov 30, 2017
131 posts
77 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Went by my local Ivanhou mall and picked up 3 separate gift cards each for $125. Got the $10 bonus on each (they expire Oct 31). Went straight to the Apple Store and bought a $405 gift card.

Total came to $315 after all rebates.
Does the bonus gift card have an expiry date? No one mentioned it in this forum and the mall website did not have anything about expiry date
Mar 15, 2017
56 posts
27 upvotes
naticom wrote: Fxxk this is ridiculous the lady at Metrotown told me I cannot double dip so won’t let me separate the payment

The mandate came this morning
So they not letting ppl split $300 in 3 x $100 each to qualify for the extra $25 anymore?
It literally says gift cards on the website and they said it was okay when i chatted with them yesterday :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2429 posts
2439 upvotes
GTA
RichardMan wrote: Does the bonus gift card have an expiry date? No one mentioned it in this forum and the mall website did not have anything about expiry date
@vistokid mentioned: "Got the $10 bonus on each (they expire Oct 31)"
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1239 posts
1116 upvotes
ok i tried to call the ivanhoe cambridge customer support and figure out the discrepancies between the wording on their website and inside the mall.

Called their corporate in Toronto - the lady told me gift cards are handled by 3rd-party. She cannot help me
Called 800-840-5542 - the customer support is in US and knows nothing about the promo

So the guest services in side the mall is the boss, we can only swallow what they give us.
Nov 2, 2019
35 posts
44 upvotes
store: conestoga mall, waterloo, ON.

1. walked in, went to Fido - confirmed if the accept mall gift cards to pay for account bills. they confirmed and said they are accepting bill payments till 1 sept.
2. went to buy 3 x $100 gcs, (was not aware of the extra gc offer).
3. after all done, bought 3 x 100 gc split over 3 x 100 amex payments, the rep gave me 2 x $10 gc saying it's for promotion.( promotion gc valid for 4 months only)
4. went to Fido paid $320 for my bill.
5. waiting for amex credit to show up, transaction still in pending.
Paid $300 in total.
total potential savings : 2 x $10 from mall gcs + 3 x $20 from amex + 1 x 5$ small shop amex = $85. (waiting for amex to confirm credits)

Thanks OP! :)
fido.PNG
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1239 posts
1116 upvotes
It totally makes no sense for the promo card.

You should be getting $25 as you've bought $250 in total, or nothing as you didn't buy anything in $125 denomination.
Apparently there's no standard across these malls. And also my promo card expires end of Oct but your lasts 4 months?

People in Lower Mainland BC should try Tsawwassen location as Metrotown is always packed that's why they don't care about the promos as it'll be sold out right away thanks to the rich people living in GVA Face With Tears Of Joy
RishabhK82112 wrote: store: conestoga mall, waterloo, ON.

1. walked in, went to Fido - confirmed if the accept mall gift cards to pay for account bills. they confirmed and said they are accepting bill payments till 1 sept.
2. went to buy 3 x $100 gcs, (was not aware of the extra gc offer).
3. after all done, bought 3 x 100 gc split over 3 x 100 amex payments, the rep gave me 2 x $10 gc saying it's for promotion.( promotion gc valid for 4 months only)
4. went to Fido paid $320 for my bill.
5. waiting for amex credit to show up, transaction still in pending.
Paid $300 in total.
total potential savings : 2 x $10 from mall gcs + 3 x $20 from amex + 1 x 5$ small shop amex = $85. (waiting for amex to confirm credits)

Thanks OP! :)

fido.PNG
Nov 30, 2017
131 posts
77 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: @vistokid mentioned: "Got the $10 bonus on each (they expire Oct 31)"
Thanks and also that’s the reason I asked that question since I wouldn’t go to the mall before Oct 31. he was the only one mentioned there is an expiry date. Could anyone else who got the bonus card confirm there’s an expiry date?
Jul 7, 2013
536 posts
734 upvotes
DPs:

Bayshore let me have $25gc for two $125 credits on the same gc. Finished that transaction. Then I asked if I could get another $125 on the same card and was told it would be a separate card with $10gc bonus. I was all fine with that - at the end of that transaction another staff came over and told the person helping me it has to be 1 cc for $250 to get the $25. It's a bonus and like always its their T&C, and I think the gist of the promo is to buy a $250gc so if I just got 3x$10, I wouldn't have said anything either, esp as this is a bonus on an AMEX bonus.

It takes longer than normal because the GSperson helping me was super vigilant in spraying down and wiping everything after each transaction - was great to see! She gave fab cx service: friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and didn't get flustered when her printer & mouse were glitching nor with the many transactions needed to be done - she even sharpied the value onto each gc - super helpful to know which card so I'd burn the Oct expiry one first.

WalMart didn't have any gc's attractive to me so I didn't get to use up the cards that way. Usually only go to the mall 1 or 2x/yr even less with the pandemic - guess I'll be getting my grocery staples at Walmart for the next while...LOL! Was able to use a gc at self-checkout without issue, even able to split the transaction over 2 gcs.

Went to Bell to see if I could secret swipe some credit onto my account but was told I have to phone in to add credit to my account - they can only update an account's credit card.

cheers,
:)
May 28, 2018
10 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
RichardMan wrote: Thanks and also that’s the reason I asked that question since I wouldn’t go to the mall before Oct 31. he was the only one mentioned there is an expiry date. Could anyone else who got the bonus card confirm there’s an expiry date?
I picked up my gift cards at the Eaton Centre (in Montreal) yesterday and the expiry date on the bonus gift card is October 2020.
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 4.55.15 PM.png
Jul 12, 2020
11 posts
13 upvotes
Update on Rogers, Vaughan Mills: I tried paying my bill and rep allowed me to swipe the GC but payment was declined, when rep asked the Manager he said they have disabled GC's from the terminal.
Dec 21, 2010
218 posts
129 upvotes
klamchowder wrote: DPs:

Bayshore let me have $25gc for two $125 credits on the same gc. Finished that transaction. Then I asked if I could get another $125 on the same card and was told it would be a separate card with $10gc bonus. I was all fine with that - at the end of that transaction another staff came over and told the person helping me it has to be 1 cc for $250 to get the $25. It's a bonus and like always its their T&C, and I think the gist of the promo is to buy a $250gc so if I just got 3x$10, I wouldn't have said anything either, esp as this is a bonus on an AMEX bonus.

It takes longer than normal because the GSperson helping me was super vigilant in spraying down and wiping everything after each transaction - was great to see! She gave fab cx service: friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and didn't get flustered when her printer & mouse were glitching nor with the many transactions needed to be done - she even sharpied the value onto each gc - super helpful to know which card so I'd burn the Oct expiry one first.

WalMart didn't have any gc's attractive to me so I didn't get to use up the cards that way. Usually only go to the mall 1 or 2x/yr even less with the pandemic - guess I'll be getting my grocery staples at Walmart for the next while...LOL! Was able to use a gc at self-checkout without issue, even able to split the transaction over 2 gcs.

Went to Bell to see if I could secret swipe some credit onto my account but was told I have to phone in to add credit to my account - they can only update an account's credit card.

cheers,
:)
The lady at Bayshore is a gem. Bought a $300 gift card 3x $100 transactions. Got the $25 bonus card. Amex credit posted today:

BAYSHORE SHOPPING CENTRE - REDEEMED 2020-08-19 You earned a $5.00 statement credit.
BAYSHORE SHOPPING CENTRE - REDEEMED 2020-08-19 You earned a $60.00 statement credit.

$235 for $325 Walmart grocery is a pretty good deal.
Nov 24, 2006
126 posts
49 upvotes
Was able to get AirPod Pros for $236 plus tax. By buying at the Source and price matching Visions for $298 and then use $10 source email coupon after the $300 Cambridge Amex gift cards purchased wirh $60 cash back.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4495 posts
3062 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
+1 for Tsawwassen Mills. It's dead there so the staff don't care how you wanna do the GCs plus their offer is better. They let me do 3 transactions. $100+ $100 with $25 GC. Then do last transaction $150 with $15 GC. Spend less than Metrotown and get more in bonus GC.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.