Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] Shopping.ca Gift Card by Ivanhoé Cambridge - Spend at least $100 and Earn $20 credit. Up to 3 times - YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 2:24 pm
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 27, 2018
116 posts
119 upvotes
YVR
I was able to use my GC to pay my Rogers bill @ Guildford Town Centre but I was told that from September 1st, both Rogers/Fido are not accepting any bill payments at store. Asked the rep if it was just for this store but he said it's Canada-wide. Not sure on that. I was able to get a pic of this change as well.

So anyone planning to use their AMEX GC for Rogers/Fido bill payments, better do it before September 1st.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1653 posts
1207 upvotes
Montréal
At place Montreal trust and eaton centre ( i checked both desks). They refused to break up a 200$ gift certificate into 2 transactions so I ended up just doing a single 125$ cert for the additional 15$.

Maybe I should have asked to just pay 100$ on 2 separate cards (my 2 Amex cards?) in a single transaction?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4479 posts
3054 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I was at Metrotown with my friend who wanted to buy GCs as T Mills don't allow split transactions anymore. Surprisingly Metro allowed my friend to do split transaction for $250 for the $25 GC. They ran out of $10 GC for the bonus so I guess that's why they let him. You can still do the $125 with $10 buy need to order online.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2018
616 posts
757 upvotes
This past Saturday i went to Mapleview and got a $250 card and i didn't bother splitting the payment. but looks like i got the full $40 +$5 shop small credit. the Gift card offer in my app has also changed from "Registered offers" to the "Redeemed offers" tab. i had already got 1 credit from Oshawa for a $100 card but looks like splitting is not really needed?
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 7, 2007
11525 posts
4647 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Okay ... I am now done with this promo ... Worked out great for me ... cuz I got extra $5 back at the end ... for the $70 grand total in credits :)

But here is relevant DP. --- Good thing I had an assurance from the CSR that he would credit my mother's purchase of $100 with $20. But at the same time, I guess, he knew what he was talking about --- For this particular promo supplementary card does NOT get the $20 credit, where for "shall shop" promo, for example, supplementary card DOES get the $5 credit ... Because -- here is how it all played out at the end: (you can clearly see what happened)

25 JUL 20 CREDIT ADJUSTMENT -$20.00
25 JUL 20 WINNIPEG OUTLET -$5.00
25 JUL 20 WINNIPEG OUTLET -$5.00
(this transaction has a little supplementary user symbol to distinguish it)
25 JUL 20 WINNIPEG OUTLET -$40.00
23 JUL 20 WINNIPEG OUTLET GC WINNIPEG $100.00
23 JUL 20 WINNIPEG OUTLET GC WINNIPEG $100.00
23 JUL 20 WINNIPEG OUTLET GC WINNIPEG $100.00
(this transaction has a little supplementary user symbol to distinguish it)


The bottom line is ... - something like that:


1. Buying GC ($10 or more) at Winnipeg Mall Guest Services with Primary card DOES produce $5 "small shop" credit

2. Buying GC ($10 or more) at Winnipeg Mall Guest Services with Supplementary user card DOES produce $5 "small shop" credit

3. Buying GC ($100 or more) at Winnipeg Mall Guest Services with Primary card DOES produce $20 "Ivanhoe Cambridge" credit

4. Buying GC ($100 or more) at Winnipeg Mall Guest Services with Supplementary user card DOES NOT produce $20 "Ivanhoe Cambridge" credit
I see THIS offer is still located in my registered offers ... where it should have gone away by now ... (as we purchased the cards in July).

I figured out why ... because (as it could be seen above) I was given $40 ( 20 x 2 ) towards this promotion automatically ... and another 20 dollars came from AMEX rep as manual adjustment.

So technically their system looks at this as I only bought the $100 gift card X 2 (not X 3) ...

So i bet I can go and buy another (4th basically) 100 dollars gift card (using my primary card to purchase it) and the 3rd $20 credit should arrive for the buy without any issues. Or so I think.

Any comments? :)
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 7, 2007
11525 posts
4647 upvotes
Darkman wrote: I see THIS offer is still located in my registered offers ... where it should have gone away by now ... (as we purchased the cards in July).

I figured out why ... because (as it could be seen above) I was given $40 ( 20 x 2 ) towards this promotion automatically ... and another 20 dollars came from AMEX rep as manual adjustment.

So technically their system looks at this as I only bought the $100 gift card X 2 (not X 3) ...

So i bet I can go and buy another (4th basically) 100 dollars gift card (using my primary card to purchase it) and the 3rd $20 credit should arrive for the buy without any issues. Or so I think.

Any comments? :)
I am not gonna bother with it.

Still gotta dish out 80 bucks ... and then spend the money at the stupid Outlet Mall, lol (as the dudes at small shop there refused to sell me Vanilla credit card last time to pay for it with another credit card (EVEN THOUGH their boss at head office told me before hand that it would be no problem).

And then I called AMEX ... to ask something related about this ... and supervisor told me that the DO audit the accounts ... and if see that I bought 100 dollars here for the 4th time and got paid 20 dollars credit back to my card ... they can and will reverse the 20 dollars manual adjustment that they gave me as mentioned (above).

So then I go "the hell with it" ... I am not desperate for it ... and don't want to risk ending up buying 100 gift card with my AMEX for 100 dollars even ... and then just "be stuck with it" basically :)

They can keep it :)
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1233 posts
1114 upvotes
Just wanna give you a heads up if you wanna "convert" the mall GC to Walmart GC (if you have a Walmart in the mall)...

Their machine only takes up to four GCs so if you wanna consume all the $10 GC in one purchase you might get into trouble if the stuff is over $40..
Newbie
Apr 18, 2017
1 posts
7 upvotes
FYI - you do not need to have separate purchases of $100 GC.

I bought $300 in metrotown GCs in one transaction and got the $20 x 3 back and a $5 shop small. Also got the $25 bonus GC that is currently available for $250 spend
Images
  • metrotown.png
Sr. Member
Jul 7, 2013
534 posts
732 upvotes
cfooty wrote: FYI - you do not need to have separate purchases of $100 GC.

I bought $300 in metrotown GCs in one transaction and got the $20 x 3 back and a $5 shop small. Also got the $25 bonus GC that is currently available for $250 spend
Wow, too late for me but for others you've solved a lot of angst Face With Tears Of Joy - good job & welcome to rfd!

cheers,
:)
Jr. Member
Dec 23, 2012
131 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
AEmgee wrote: Tsawwassen Mills has a promotion right now. Buy $150 get $15 bonus card. Buy $200 get $25 bonus card. Limit 3 per person per day. Available in person or online (but would still need to pick up in person).

https://www.tsawwassenmills.com/en/?_ga ... 1597684176
Just checked the website: it states that the Pay it Forward promotion is over.

The best return now seems to be the on-line Montreal Eaton centre PIF one: $30 bonus card with the purchase of $200, especially with the ability to pick up at other Ivanhoe malls.

$200 + $30 = $230 Value. Spend = $200 less $2 x $20 on Amex = $160.
Discounted by 30% then.
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2016
188 posts
251 upvotes
Yes, it’s seems that buying the gift card directly in most malls are over. But they can be bought online to receive “pay it forward bonus”.

However, for the Amex deal of buy $100 get $20 back, I believe it has the be the specific Website https://shopping.ca/en/amexoffer/

I have a feeling if you purchase the $125 gift card to get the $10 promo on-line, you may not get the $20 back.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2424 posts
2433 upvotes
GTA
StevenW038982 wrote: Yes, it’s seems that buying the gift card directly in most malls are over. But they can be bought online to receive “pay it forward bonus”.

However, for the Amex deal of buy $100 get $20 back, I believe it has the be the specific Website https://shopping.ca/en/amexoffer/

I have a feeling if you purchase the $125 gift card to get the $10 promo on-line, you may not get the $20 back.
Amex Offer shopping.ca url just takes you to a page whereby it says:

BUY IT NOW!
SELECT YOUR SHOPPING CENTRE BELOW

And if specific Shopping Centre still has the Pay It Forward Offer on their GC page, it 'should' still work to receive the Amex Offer credit.
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2016
188 posts
251 upvotes
mzmoney wrote: Amex Offer shopping.ca url just takes you to a page whereby it says:

BUY IT NOW!
SELECT YOUR SHOPPING CENTRE BELOW

And if specific Shopping Centre still has the Pay It Forward Offer on their GC page, it 'should' still work to receive the Amex Offer credit.
Lol, I just don’t want to be the test mouse and learn the hard way.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2009
809 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver
cfooty wrote: FYI - you do not need to have separate purchases of $100 GC.

I bought $300 in metrotown GCs in one transaction and got the $20 x 3 back and a $5 shop small. Also got the $25 bonus GC that is currently available for $250 spend
Same here, bought the $250 and got $40 back plus $5 for shop small....
Newbie
Oct 8, 2010
14 posts
7 upvotes
StevenW038982 wrote: Lol, I just don’t want to be the test mouse and learn the hard way.
Was able to get the rebate without going through the Amex URL.

Top