Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Spend $200 or more and earn up to $40 in statement credits [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2019 12:42 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2009
1688 posts
3797 upvotes
Toronto :)

Spend $200 or more and earn up to $40 in statement credits [YMMV]

Retailer:
American Express
To summarize: Spend $200 on your AMEX registered card using Amex Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay from November 13th, 2019 until January 31st, 2020, and you will earn a $10 statement credit. You can do it up to 4 times.

I got an offer in my email for my amex SPG: "When you spend at least $200 (after taxes and shipping) in qualifying purchases with your registered American Express® Card using Amex Pay1, Google Pay2, Apple Pay®3 or Samsung Pay4 from November 13th, 2019 until January 31st, 2020, you can earn a $10 statement credit. You can earn up to $40 in statement credits.*"

T&C:
Only the Basic American Express Card referenced in this email is eligible for registration in this offer by clicking ‘Register your Card’ in the email.

The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/01/2020. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.

To be eligible for a $10 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $200 (CAD) after taxes and shipping, must be charged to your registered Card during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 14/02/2020. Items ordered during the offer period, but shipped after 14/02/2020 may not count towards your qualifying purchase(s). Delivery of online purchase(s) is only available within Canada.

Purchases must be charged to your registered card in-store, online, or in-app by an American Express accepting merchant where mobile wallet is accepted and enabled during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 14/02/2020. Purchases made using ‘chip & pin’, swipe, tap Card, ‘Pay with Points’ and points for purchase(s) as methods of payment are not qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of 4 statement credit/s per registered card during the offer period.

Statement credit will be applied to your registered card account within 90 days after 31/01/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. The following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchases made using any form of payment other than mobile wallet are not qualifying purchases. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered card.

In the event that you replace your registered card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.

For full terms that apply to registering your card in the program, see Program Terms.

1. An NFC enabled Android device running on Kitkat 4.4 or higher is eligible for Amex Pay.

2. An Android device running on Kitkat 4.4 or higher is eligible for Google Pay.

3. Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 or later in stores, apps, and websites in Safari; with an Apple Watch that is paired with an iPhone 5 or later in stores and apps; with iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 or later in apps and websites; and with Mac in Safari with an Apple Pay enabled iPhone 6 or later or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible devices, see https://support.apple.com/km207105.

4. Available on eligible Samsung devices. In order to use Samsung Pay, please visit samsung.ca for a list of supported devices.

5. At participating American Express contactless merchants on eligible devices. Transaction limits may apply.

6. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final with no refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.

TM, ®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.

Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Apple Pay, Apple Watch and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
5 cards and nothing for me.
Feb 22, 2019
23 posts
27 upvotes
It sounds more like spending 800CAD or more to get the 40CAD credit.
Feb 22, 2019
23 posts
27 upvotes
It sounds more like spending 800CAD or more to get the 40CAD credit.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1858 posts
2304 upvotes
Thanks OP for posting. Didn't get this deal on Amex Simply Cash.
Vacationing
Oct 26, 2016
170 posts
127 upvotes
Got this today on simply

Can I spend $800 cumulatively over the promotion period and get $40 total, or I must bake 4 separate purchases of at least $200 each time to get $10 x 4?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
cwai471 wrote: Got this today on simply

Can I spend $800 cumulatively over the promotion period and get $40 total, or I must bake 4 separate purchases of at least $200 each time to get $10 x 4?
separate
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
JFRACINE wrote: 5 cards and nothing for me.
Nothing showed up on my account in the offers tab on mobile, but i received an email where they said i can register for it.
Dec 11, 2003
249 posts
403 upvotes
Central AB
My emailed offer from Amex was slightly different:

When you spend at least $50 (after taxes and shipping) in qualifying purchases with your registered American Express® Card using Amex Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay from November 13th, 2019 until January 31st, 2020, you can earn a $5 statement credit. You can earn up to $20 in statement credits.*
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
theppler wrote: My emailed offer from Amex was slightly different:

When you spend at least $50 (after taxes and shipping) in qualifying purchases with your registered American Express® Card using Amex Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay from November 13th, 2019 until January 31st, 2020, you can earn a $5 statement credit. You can earn up to $20 in statement credits.*
every amex offer is personalized, some get different offer of the same type of deals, and some get same offer but different card offering
you lucked out, yours is the better one. easier to accomplish and better %.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
I got the $5 credit for $50 purchases (max $20 total) offer. YMMV
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26403 upvotes
Toronto
theppler wrote: My emailed offer from Amex was slightly different:

This is the same offer I received.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)