Hot Deals

American Express

Spend $400 through Amex Travel get $150 credit & Spend $200 through Amex Travel get $50 credit (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 11:56 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7186 posts
7187 upvotes

[American Express] Spend $400 through Amex Travel get $150 credit & Spend $200 through Amex Travel get $50 credit (YMMV)

New Amex Travel Online offers available on Platinum and Gold card for me.

Spend $400 get $150 credit back is on my Platinum - 37.5% off

Spend $200 get $50 credit is on my Gold - 25% off

Offer only available to the first 10,000 cardholders to register and expires 24/12/2021

Only the first 10,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. When you click on the applicable link, you will be redirected to the merchant website.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 24/12/2021. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
To be eligible for a $150 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $400 (CAD) after taxes and applicable fees, must be charged to your registered Card online at www.americanexpress.ca/travel during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. In the case of a purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged by the merchant on a different date, and that date occurs after the offer ends.
Offer only available when booking prepaid hotels or car rental online at www.americanexpress.ca/travel where American Express Travel (not the hotel or car rental company) is the merchant and charged to your registered Card at time of check out. Excludes flight purchases, purchases made by phone or email, and travel insurance purchases. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $150 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 24/12/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card account.
In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by Gtaphotog on Nov 30th, 2021 3:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
124 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2512 posts
1102 upvotes
YVR
Wow, its been a LONG time since AMEX ran one of these travel promos. Glad to see it back, its a sight for sore eyes.
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1918 posts
1585 upvotes
Nothing on my Personal Gold or Business Gold.
Aug 21, 2012
531 posts
350 upvotes
Received $150 credit on plat and $50 credit on cobalt! thx op
WOOOOOOOOOOO
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1018 posts
863 upvotes
Does anyone know if this will stack with the annual travel credit(s) from AMEX on the plat?
Nov 6, 2019
66 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto/Ajax
So this is only for hotel? Does the stay need to happen before offer ends? Or can it be for later as long as I get charged?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7186 posts
7187 upvotes
oscar1999 wrote: Does anyone know if this will stack with the annual travel credit(s) from AMEX on the plat?
Yes this should since you get charged first then a few days later the $200 or $100 travel credit will show up so I don't see why they both won't show up.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7186 posts
7187 upvotes
elbarto232 wrote: So this is only for hotel? Does the stay need to happen before offer ends? Or can it be for later as long as I get charged?
It's not limited to hotel.

You can book all sorts of travel through Amexs travel portal.

I'd imagine the charge for whatever travel would need to be posted to your account by the end date.
Feb 13, 2020
119 posts
156 upvotes
elbarto232 wrote: So this is only for hotel? Does the stay need to happen before offer ends? Or can it be for later as long as I get charged?
Flights, hotels, car rental, cruises, bundles, etc

The purchase needs to happen by Dec 24 but the actual travel can be whenever you want in 2022.
As with all amex deals it doesn't have to be all on one transaction. You could book 2 separate flights and as long as it totals over 400/200 you'll get the credit.
Nov 18, 2019
13 posts
2 upvotes
Received it on my reserve card, under terms and conditions it excludes the flight purchases.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1018 posts
863 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: It's not limited to hotel.

You can book all sorts of travel through Amexs travel portal.

I'd imagine the charge for whatever travel would need to be posted to your account by the end date.
It seems to be limited to prepaid hotel and car rentals:

"Offer only available when booking prepaid hotels or car rental online at www.americanexpress.ca/travel where American Express Travel (not the hotel or car rental company) is the merchant and charged to your registered Card at time of check out. Excludes flight purchases, purchases made by phone or email, and travel insurance purchases."
Oct 5, 2009
173 posts
61 upvotes
Canada
Thanks OP

150 for Plat and 50 for AP Reserve If you book a hotel for 2022 and cancel do you get to keep the credit?

I’m assuming we need to pay in full before 12/24/2021. I booked a hotel for Jan 2022 but chose pay at hotel.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7186 posts
7187 upvotes
oscar1999 wrote: It seems to be limited to prepaid hotel and car rentals:

"Offer only available when booking prepaid hotels or car rental online at www.americanexpress.ca/travel where American Express Travel (not the hotel or car rental company) is the merchant and charged to your registered Card at time of check out. Excludes flight purchases, purchases made by phone or email, and travel insurance purchases."
Totally missed that with all the excitement.

Interesting exclusion on everything but hotels and car rentals.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1737 posts
1070 upvotes
Even got $50 off $200 on the No Annual Fee Simply Cash Card!
Nov 20, 2012
29 posts
115 upvotes
Got the $50 off $200 on my Simply Cash Card!

What's everyone doing? I'm in Vancouver and don't really know what to do with it. Anyone got some good travel ideas for this holiday?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
17357 posts
5046 upvotes
Scarberia
Got 50 on the scp but not the aeroplan cc? Weird
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Feb 26, 2021
24 posts
22 upvotes
Got the $50 off $200 on my Cobalt, nothing on Bonvoy personal