Hot Deals

American Express

Spend $50 get $20 at Give and Get Local, up to 3 times. (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 2:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7186 posts
7187 upvotes

[American Express] Spend $50 get $20 at Give and Get Local, up to 3 times. (YMMV)

Get $20 back after spending $50 at https://giveandgetlocal.com, up to 3 times.

Any business that has setup eGift cards through Square Payment Processing automatically is added to this list.

T&C:
Only the first 50,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. When you click on the applicable link, you will be redirected to the participating website.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/03/2022. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
To be eligible for a $20 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $50 (CAD) after taxes and applicable fees, must be charged to your registered Card online at www.giveandgetlocal.com during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. In the case of a purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged by the merchant on a different date (for example, on the shipping or delivery date), and that date occurs after the offer ends.
Offer available only for gift card or voucher purchases made at Canadian merchants online at www.giveandgetlocal.com. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $60 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period. Gift cards or vouchers purchased through the offer are subject to participating merchants’ gift card terms and conditions and the Give and Get Local terms and conditions available at https://squareup.com/ca/en/legal/general/giftcard. Please contact the merchant directly for additional information about their gift card policies including terms and conditions.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 31/03/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/ shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/ cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card account.
In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer. For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by Gtaphotog on Dec 6th, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Map Link:
https://map.giveandgetlocal.com/

------

Vancouver special offers
Beaucoup Bakery and cafe 10% off purchases over $50
Napoletena Pizza 10% off purchases over $50

Vancouver credit successfully posted
Beaucoup Bakery and Cafe
Little Fox Bakery (Richmond)
Rain or Shine Ice Cream Vancouver x 2
Sunday Cider
Trafiq
Steve's Poke Bar
Steamworks Brewery and Taproom
Yuu Japanese Tapas
Kanadell Japanese Bakery
CA Croustille Bakery Ltd
Down Low Chicken
Elysian Coffee
Mochido
Blaze Gourmet Burgers
Nook Pasta Room

Vancouver credit not posting

Vancouver out of business
Hanai Family Table - permanently closing on Dec 24th

------

Toronto special offers
Goûter 5% bonus

Toronto credit successfully posted
Bang Bang Ice Cream
Crow's Nest Barber
Poke Box
rick's good eats (Mississauga) - Bought gift card from OP's website and placed online order for pickup.
Goodlot Farmstead Brewing (Caledon) - delivered to me for free
Great Lakes Brewery
Gold Standard / The Federal
Hank Daddy's Barbecue (Vaughan)
BIG 3 DETROIT STYLE PIZZA
First Choice for Pets (Stouffville)
Katsupan (Scarborough)
Chawk Bazaar (Scarborough)
Vellore Chiropractic
Lai Wah Heen (Downtown)
The Vegitaliano (Vaughan)
Cafe Landwer - Rutherford (in-store payment)
Patisserie Fleur

Toronto credit not posting

Toronto out of business
Junction Brewery
Keto Food Co. - 300 College St, Toronto - Shows permanently closed in Google.
Big Trouble PIzza (Chinatown)

------

Montreal special offers

Montreal credit successfully posted
Boreale (Blainville, QC) brewery (les brasseurs du nord) - posted in 11 days.

Montreal credit not posting

Montreal out of business

------

Calgary credit successfully posted
Chix Eggshop
Empanada Queen
Kor Korean Street Food
Made by Marcus
Monogram
Redheads Japa Cafe
Sought & Found
Taj Mahal Restaurant
Two Pillars Brewery
Vegan Street

Calgary special offers
Made by Marcus: Get 20% off Gift Cards of $30 or more with the code HOLIDAY21 now until Dec 24th!

-----

Halifax credit not posting
The Nook Espresso Bar and Lounge
574 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1610 posts
1069 upvotes
Near You
Received on APR.
• AMEX PlatinumAeroplan Reserve
• MC BrimSTACK • Visa CIBC Aeroplan VIPTD Aeroplan VI
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1586 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
cant find any that i would actually spend money at. sadness
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
17360 posts
5046 upvotes
Scarberia
Got this on my amex aeroplan c! Tf is this gc site? I thought it was small businesses! Hot if u find a store to buy from! Maybe work insurance covers some of the rmts? Free money!

OT.. Does any one know what store is Brazill family foods in Scarborough? Can't remember spending Tia

Could be McDs... WeirdAF
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 6th, 2021 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 6, 2020
113 posts
87 upvotes
nice idea to try some new restaurants, thanks OP
Dec 18, 2019
285 posts
235 upvotes
Calgary
Got this on my SimpleCash, thanks OP
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Jun 25, 2006
268 posts
174 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks! Got it on plat but not gold. Grabbed a couple for coffee and ice cream Face Savouring Delicious Food

Both Village and Marcus in Calgary, plus a bunch of cafés like Monogram and Sought & Found.
Oct 2, 2015
338 posts
180 upvotes
Outremont, QC
50 nearby results, recognized the names of like 2. I would be keen to try a new restaurant or store but they're mostly all professional service businesses (a doctor, accountant, airport chauffeur?)...
Sep 6, 2020
113 posts
87 upvotes
up to 3 times =

$10 $10 $30 = 1 time
$ 50 = 1 time
and then $30 $20 = 1 time?

or is it just $50 $50 $50 = 3 times?
Dec 1, 2019
95 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Vancouver
Thanks for the post! I saw a local bakery that I love so this is perfect.
Jul 2, 2019
243 posts
596 upvotes
dadididit dadidadit
DP:
got it on my Cobalt as well just now, but was unable to register the offer 3-times :-(
took a screenshot, then when i opened the Amex mobile app again to register for the 4th time..
it disappeared !!
wondering if others were also unable to register the offer..
ss: "Sorry, this offer has already been added to another Card."
Images
  • spend 50cad get 20cad credit 3 times-1.jpg
Dec 1, 2019
95 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Vancouver
humblebee wrote: up to 3 times =

$10 $10 $30 = 1 time
$ 50 = 1 time
and then $30 $20 = 1 time?

or is it just $50 $50 $50 = 3 times?
read the terms...
cumulative qualifying purchase(s)
Dec 1, 2019
95 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Vancouver
4Fox1RF wrote: DP:
got it on my Cobalt as well just now, but was unable to register the offer 3-times :-(
took a screenshot, then when i opened the Amex mobile app again to register for the 4th time..
it disappeared !!
wondering if others were also unable to register the offer..
ss: "Sorry, this offer has already been added to another Card."
you only need to register it once per card, and it's valid 3 times for that one registration.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1918 posts
1585 upvotes
Nothing on Personal/Business Gold.
Jul 2, 2019
243 posts
596 upvotes
dadididit dadidadit
robbieRFD wrote: you only need to register it once per card, and it's valid 3 times for that one registration.
but i only have one Amex (Cobalt) card..
Dec 1, 2019
95 posts
115 upvotes
Greater Vancouver
4Fox1RF wrote: but i only have one Amex (Cobalt) card..
so you only need to register it once... I'm not sure how you're registering it 3 times.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2572 posts
1914 upvotes
Any recommended places for GVA? Would be pretty happy to get $60 back on $150 spend but having trouble finding a merchant is shop at..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)