Hot Deals

American Express

Spend at least $20 by Tap to Pay and Earn a $5 credit. Up to 5 times.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 3:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2021
5 posts
246 upvotes

[American Express] Spend at least $20 by Tap to Pay and Earn a $5 credit. Up to 5 times.

Check your AMEX accounts. Got this one on my SimplyCash.

DETAILS
Make a qualifying purchase of at least $20 with your registered Card using your Card’s contactless feature or through Amex Pay, Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay by 31/10/2021 and earn a $5 statement credit at each of up to 5 participating businesses. Limit of 5 credits. Registration cap applies. Terms apply.
Thread Summary
For Scotia Amex Gold holders, register here for "Spend at least $5 and Earn a $2 credit. Up to 10 times" - https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/n ... pping.html

OFFER TERMS
Only the first 50,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use the same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/10/2021. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
Offer only valid for purchases made in Canada with your registered American Express Card using a contactless payment feature. Contactless payment is defined as tapping your registered Card on the card reader or paying with your registered Card through an eligible mobile wallet (Amex Pay¹, Google Pay², Apple Pay³ or Samsung Pay⁴). Participating businesses are American Express Card accepting merchants that are enabled to accept contactless transactions in Canada. If you cannot use the contactless feature on your Card or mobile wallet for the purchase for any reason, your purchase will not qualify for this offer.
To be eligible for a $5 (CAD) statement credit, a qualifying purchase of at least $20 (CAD) in a single transaction, after taxes and applicable fees, must be charged to your registered Card, using contactless payment at each of up to 5 participating businesses during the offer period, and subsequently posted to your account. In the case of a purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged by the merchant on a different date (for example, on the shipping or delivery date), and that date occurs after the offer ends.
Purchases made using ‘chip & pin’, swipe, ‘Pay with Points’ and points for purchase(s) as methods of payment are not qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $25 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 31/10/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card account.
In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
1. Amex Pay allows eligible Cardmembers to use the American Express® App on NFC enabled Android devices running KitKat 4.4 or above
2. Google Pay is available on Android devices running Lollipop 5.0 or higher. Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC.
3. Samsung Pay is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
4. Apple Pay works with iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac. Requires iOS 8.3 or higher. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

-----

For those wondering which retailers accept contactless payments (ie. tap), you can access the info here and change your city as required:

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-ca/m ... s-Payments

Just as the Shop Small promo was hit and miss for those retailers that accepted/did not accept Amex, the link above may also have info that may not be up to date for contactless payment retailers.
232 replies
Dec 5, 2017
126 posts
121 upvotes
For Scotia Amex i see:

Spend at least $5 and Earn a $2 credit. Up to 10 times.

basically another bbt spending promo in my case
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16054 posts
4637 upvotes
Scarberia
Is there a manual url to register? Tia
Can u get credit for using same store 5x or its gotta different

I got offers on all my cc's except for the cobalt lilFace With Tears Of Joy
Screenshot_20210901-050518_Amex CA.jpg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 17, 2018
378 posts
391 upvotes
Don't see it for my business platinum...
Jun 26, 2013
35 posts
102 upvotes
Halifax
Got this one about delivery / take-out Uber eats.

No offer on Amex Preferred SC
Images
  • 24F5D678-5558-475D-87A7-247F0BFA4072.png
Aug 9, 2020
256 posts
135 upvotes
Icecreamscoop wrote: For Scotia Amex i see:

I received for this tap and play: Spend 5 get $2 on my Amex Aeroplan Reserve
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1528 posts
646 upvotes
Midland
Very hot deal! Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9289 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
Can I use the credit card tap and pay other than the apps? Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5906 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
5 participating businesses? How to determine? Shall I assume any business that accept Amex tap is okay?
Jul 12, 2010
227 posts
240 upvotes
Icecreamscoop wrote: For Scotia Amex i see:

I got the same offer on my Simply cash Amex
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3993 posts
4103 upvotes
GTA
khimany wrote: I got the same offer on my Simply cash Amex
Simply Cash no fee Amex or Simply Cash Preferred?
Apr 7, 2007
694 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
Got it on Bonvoy Business but not Bonvoy personal or Simply Cash.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2841 posts
734 upvotes
Thanks is this only for selected places like small shops or everywhere amex is accepted ?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3993 posts
4103 upvotes
GTA
H8TR wrote: Got it on Bonvoy Business but not Bonvoy personal or Simply Cash.
Is the Bonvoy Biz the card used most frequently?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

TMansave