Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Spend at least $50 online at Best Buy, Hudson’s Bay, Indigo, Simons or Urban Barn and Earn a $15 or $20 credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2022 3:21 pm
Sep 4, 2017
27 posts
76 upvotes
I don't see this in my simply cash credit card, i only see the subway deal and wayfair thats it.
Jan 28, 2020
51 posts
47 upvotes
robbieRFD wrote: No. Read the terms..
Except for possibly Amazon, I'm not sure Amex would receive level 3 data (transactional data) that would allow them to know if you purchased a giftcard.

It seems like e-gift cards for bestbuy.ca are processed by Cashstar (so these wouldn't count), but regular (physical) gift cards are sold by bestbuy.ca so would most likely count.

I suppose another solution if you want a gift card (or amazon credit) is to buy something then return it and ask for a gift card or store credit. I think amazon offers you the option of choosing a refund or credit on most or all RMAs. I've had success in asking for a refund onto a giftcard at Bestbuy when returning purchases (but will probably be YMMV).
Jun 13, 2019
953 posts
1242 upvotes
Toronto
Spend at least $50 and Earn a $20 credit.

Online Spend Offer

EXPIRES

2021-12-31
DETAILS
Spend at least $50 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card in the mobile application or online at Best Buy, Hudson’s Bay, Indigo, Simons and Urban Barn by 31/12/2021 and earn a one-time $20 statement credit. Terms apply.

OFFER TERMS
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 31/12/2021. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card.
To be eligible for a $20 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $50 (CAD) after taxes and applicable fees, must be charged to your registered Card in the Best Buy mobile application or online at www.betsbuy.com/en-ca, online at www.thebay.com/, in the Indigo mobile application or online at www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/, in the Simons mobile application or online at www.simons.ca/en, online at www.urbanbarn.com/ during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. In the case of a purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged by the merchant on a different date (for example, on the shipping or delivery date), and that date occurs after the offer ends.
Offer is valid for mobile application and online purchases only made at the participating Canadian merchant mobile applications and websites shown above. Gift card purchases are excluded. Purchases made online and picked up in-store may not be eligible. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $20 (CAD) in statement credits per registered Card during the offer period.
Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 31/12/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card account.
In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.
Aug 26, 2015
277 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks, offer was on my Aeroplan Reserve but not on Platinum.
Sep 1, 2019
70 posts
57 upvotes
This offer is not available on my personal plat or bonvoy.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
2192 posts
1183 upvotes
Midland
Thanks OP but, already posted. Perhaps mods can merge with the thread?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1102 posts
955 upvotes
Thanks. Got it on my Bonvoy but only for $15 on $50 instead of $20.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1412 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
Received both 50/15 and 50/20 on two separate accounts.
Mar 7, 2011
557 posts
499 upvotes
Vancouver
$15 instead of $20 on my Cobalt
May 18, 2018
751 posts
777 upvotes
sky417 wrote: $15 instead of $20 on my Cobalt
Same. Plus another offer to spend 15$ at Subway and get $5 back, also not bad.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5261 posts
2587 upvotes
Winnipeg
On my Cobalt ($20) but not on my Gold.
This isn't a blog.
Jun 13, 2019
953 posts
1242 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, I searched with 'amex' but didn't find the earlier posted thread.

@mods: Please merge..
Dec 18, 2019
457 posts
294 upvotes
Calgary
I got spend $50, get $15 credit on my SimplyCash, thanks!
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10152 posts
14699 upvotes
GT-EH
Thanks OP - registered for my SimplyCash.
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Apr 7, 2017
447 posts
325 upvotes
Brantford
Time to cancel order from Amazon for 4K fire stick and order from Best Buy.
Still need a filler item around 15$
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4982 posts
5093 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP. I got Spend $50 get $20 on my simply cash, and spend $50 get $15 on my Cobalt.
Perfect timing as I already have something planning to buy when the Bay President discount start
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3765 posts
1084 upvotes
Toronto
Is there anyway to sign up the secondary card holder?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)