Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
American Express

Spend at least $50 online at Best Buy, Hudson’s Bay, Indigo, Simons or Urban Barn and Earn a $15 or $20 credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2022 3:21 pm
Dec 10, 2019
126 posts
154 upvotes
DP: Made single online purchase on 28th, and posted as a Best Buy Store instead however I recieved the credit today on the 30th.

Extra DP: I made a purchase of $50 via PayPal earlier and it didn't trigger the credit, confirming earlier comments that it needs to be directly charged to charge.
Jun 6, 2017
415 posts
356 upvotes
kaboom987 wrote: AMEX hates me I guess, I've had a card for 2 months and haven't received a single promo lmao
xcai wrote:
same here ,,Why..
Might be worth asking them. I’d imagine they do these because they come out ahead in the end, so they would probably want to send them to you
Aug 22, 2021
783 posts
271 upvotes
Ontario
tsx612 wrote: Might be worth asking them. I’d imagine they do these because they come out ahead in the end, so they would probably want to send them to you
I always wonder how Amex afford to do these promos. Guess that would make sense if they come out ahead…
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2010
2015 posts
4931 upvotes
Toronto
If I purchase a Best Buy or Indigo e-gift card tonight (before 8pm Eastern Time), will I get the credit?
Apr 1, 2004
522 posts
381 upvotes
EddySaver wrote: If I purchase a Best Buy or Indigo e-gift card tonight (before 8pm Eastern Time), will I get the credit?
prob not, unless indigo posts right away
bestbuy only posts when it ships (1-2 days from ordering)
Nov 22, 2018
4 posts
9 upvotes
nathand wrote: Ordered about $52 in books and indigo separated my order into 2 smaller orders/transactions. Called Amex and still got the credit even through my statement showed 2 transactions from indigo.
Thanks! I was worried about this!
Aug 13, 2015
658 posts
1228 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
uglyguy wrote: Sorry in advance if this question has been asked earlier.

The fine print says "Purchases made online and picked up in-store may not be eligible." Have anyone receive the credit if your purchase was PUIS? Bestbuy requires online payment even if it's a PUIS purchase.

TIA and stay safe.
angel_wing0 wrote: no it will not work.
lancedragons wrote: Picked up some stuff in-store since I saw some DPs of people getting credit without ordering online.
How long does it take to show as redeemed? I have 5 more days before the offer expires, so I figured I'll just order online and return the new items in-store if the offer doesn't show up as redeemed in the next day or two
DP if still helpful after expiration: Made a purchase at Best Buy - using the "pick up in store" option on Dec 30. Received credit next day.
Images
  • Bestbuy amex.PNG
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2021
2344 posts
4098 upvotes
Vancouver/Richmond/B…
Isn’t this offer over it expires in Dec 31
Aug 29, 2017
303 posts
93 upvotes
I just got my Simply Cash but there is no offer loaded! How long will it take to receive some offers? I just got this card for the offers, and have no intention of using it as I am using HSBC Worldelite with a more spend-reward ratio. So I’m wondering if I don’t use the card at all, will I get any offers?
Jun 27, 2018
256 posts
515 upvotes
YVR
Received the $20 credit on Jan 9th for my BB online transaction made on Nov 28th. I was skeptical that I would get the credit since the offer expired on Dec 31st.

AMEX kept its word and fixed the issue wherein online orders were being tagged as in-store orders.
Dec 7, 2007
344 posts
296 upvotes
Edmonton
KevinK90588 wrote: Received the $20 credit on Jan 9th for my BB online transaction made on Nov 28th. I was skeptical that I would get the credit since the offer expired on Dec 31st.

AMEX kept its word and fixed the issue wherein online orders were being tagged as in-store orders.
Same situation, got it on the 8th
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1392 posts
1348 upvotes
Vancouver
I just got mine too. Made a purchase of $50 over a month ago.

Honestly.... it's really making me like Amex. Not only do they follow their word but their customer service within seconds of calling 24/7.

If I call Scotiabank, I'd be lucky to have it answered within an hour.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1324 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Got my $15 on the 8th as well. Thanks everyone for the update!
Jan 8, 2012
852 posts
704 upvotes
Williams Lake
Got my $20 as well, despite the BB purchases showing as in-store.

AMEX hasn't put a foot wrong in years for me, and they've gone above and beyond since the start of the covid era.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4727 posts
2150 upvotes
Durham Region
Got my $20 credit on the 8th as well for a November purchase that was processed by a store. Well done Amex.