Expired Hot Deals

[American Express] [YMMV] Cobalt Card - Spend $75 on gas, get 2000 MR Points

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 9:46 pm
Apr 4, 2007
227 posts
60 upvotes
The only way i could hit the $75 is to bundle some GCs with gasoline. Feels excessive to me for just 2K MR-S.
Aug 14, 2012
309 posts
250 upvotes
North Vancouver
oasis_njdevils wrote: The only way i could hit the $75 is to bundle some GCs with gasoline. Feels excessive to me for just 2K MR-S.
It does not appear to be $75 in one purchase as it references "purchases"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1128 posts
1448 upvotes
Canada, eh?
604reefer wrote: It does not appear to be $75 in one purchase as it references "purchases"
Yup you’re right. Got my points posted today, I had multiple transactions totaling to $75 over the span of a couple weeks.
Mar 4, 2009
185 posts
47 upvotes
I received my cobalt card after the start date for the promo. I haven’t received an email yet either about the offer.

Would the offer still apply to me?
Koodo - $40/8gb + 10gb
Rogers - Home Phone, Popular TV, Gigabit Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4678 posts
1672 upvotes
Winnipeg
kicl wrote: I received my cobalt card after the start date for the promo. I haven’t received an email yet either about the offer.

+1

Im going to fill up/spend $75 anyways at a Gas station and see if the pts appear.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1128 posts
1448 upvotes
Canada, eh?
kicl wrote: I received my cobalt card after the start date for the promo. I haven’t received an email yet either about the offer.

Not too sure since they don’t have a enrollment link, just says your card is automatically enrolled.
Jul 26, 2011
508 posts
520 upvotes
NORTH YORK
canuckcolehead wrote: +1

Im going to fill up/spend $75 anyways at a Gas station and see if the pts appear.
Let us know your results. I'm in the just got the Cobalt card situation as well
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9044 posts
10477 upvotes
Vancouver
mapleleafs92 wrote: Let us know your results. I'm in the just got the Cobalt card situation as well
I just got my Cobalt card two weeks ago so didn't hear about this promo until now. I called in and the rep confirmed that all Cobalt cards are enrolled in this, even mine.
Jul 26, 2011
508 posts
520 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Kiraly wrote: I just got my Cobalt card two weeks ago so didn't hear about this promo until now. I called in and the rep confirmed that all Cobalt cards are enrolled in this, even mine.
Awesome news. Since there are 2 different offers, buying $75 gift card would probably work best?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1230 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
How come I never get these promo emails with Cobalt card? How did you guys sign up for them?
Jan 7, 2015
449 posts
68 upvotes
GVR
Kiraly wrote: I know it says that points can take up to 90 days to post, but did anyone get theirs yet? I made three purchases of $47, $27, and $10, not sure if it will qualify or not.
I got the offer in the title of the post, but I didn’t reach the $75 minimum. My fill up ended up being $67 and my bonus points posted at the same time the charge showed up on my card. YMMV for sure
Mar 4, 2009
185 posts
47 upvotes
I made 3 separate gas purchases , around $25-30 each. This was a couple of weeks. I still haven’t received the bonus points yet but I received my 10k welcome offer and monthly bonuses immediately

Not sure if I should call in or not
Koodo - $40/8gb + 10gb
Rogers - Home Phone, Popular TV, Gigabit Internet
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9044 posts
10477 upvotes
Vancouver
kicl wrote: I made 3 separate gas purchases , around $25-30 each. This was a couple of weeks. I still haven’t received the bonus points yet but I received my 10k welcome offer and monthly bonuses immediately

Not sure if I should call in or not
If you call in, they'll tell you to call back once 90 days have passed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1128 posts
1448 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Gunnerheadboy wrote: How come I never get these promo emails with Cobalt card? How did you guys sign up for them?
There should be some enrollment field on Amex's website after you logged in, I remember thats how I signed up for those emails.