Hot Deals

[American Express] YMMV - Complimentary year of a Calm Premium subscription for AMEX card holder

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2020 12:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1530 posts
2733 upvotes
Toronto

[American Express] YMMV - Complimentary year of a Calm Premium subscription for AMEX card holder

Expiry:
October 31, 2020
Retailer:
American Express
More offers from American Express
Received an email from AMEX. I think this was free back in Feb. But nice for whoever missed it.

Eligible Cardmembers can receive a complimentary year of a Calm Premium subscription – and, half off their renewal for the following year.*
Calm is an app for Sleep, Meditation and Relaxation. Take a moment to reset with Calm's guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, stretching exercises, and relaxing music.

Calm and American Express are excited to bring this exclusive offer to Cardmembers. Offer available to American Express Cardmembers who do not have an active Calm Premium subscription and who sign up using an eligible American Express personal Card by October 31, 2020 at
Calm.com/americanexpressglobal. To take advantage of this offer, you will be asked to log in or create a Calm account.

Receive a complimentary year of a Calm Premium subscription. At the end of the complimentary year, your subscription will renew automatically and your American Express Card will be charged 50% of the then current subscription fee. The full subscription fee will be charged annually thereafter at all subsequent renewals. The current Calm Premium subscription fee is CAD $76.99 (taxes included).

You can cancel at any time. If you do not want to renew, you must cancel your Calm Premium subscription no later than 24 hours before the end of your subscription period through your profile on the Calm website.

Terms apply. See offer terms below.
Last edited by LarryT778370 on Aug 13th, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1695 posts
9002 upvotes
Like all Amex Offers, this is targeted.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2014
1324 posts
938 upvotes
Montreal
Is it? I got the email, but from terms/conditions

https://www.calm.com/americanexpressglobal

Eligible Cards
Only the Cards listed in the table below are eligible for this offer. American Express Prepaid, Reloadable, Business, Corporate and Gift Cards are not eligible.

Country of Issue - Eligible Cards:
CANADA - All Personal Canadian American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada

American Express is not responsible for the fulfillment of this offer.
Images
  • C3B53245-0D8B-4070-B5A6-083001CD6226.jpeg
Last edited by ben85deals on Aug 13th, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33709 posts
19499 upvotes
Ottawa
AMEX offers need to stop showing up in Hot Deals.
It's for targeted cardholders only and communicated via email.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1382 posts
942 upvotes
Edmonton
Got the offer, but is this even a good product?
Nov 23, 2011
578 posts
558 upvotes
West GTA
vkizzle wrote: AMEX offers need to stop showing up in Hot Deals.
It's for targeted cardholders only and communicated via email.
Why? It prompted me to check my emails, and I appreciate it.

If you see "AMEX" and don't have...an AMEX card... then disregard.
Jun 27, 2018
109 posts
105 upvotes
YVR
ben85deals wrote: Is it? I got the email, but from terms/conditions

https://www.calm.com/americanexpressglobal

Eligible Cards
Only the Cards listed in the table below are eligible for this offer. American Express Prepaid, Reloadable, Business, Corporate and Gift Cards are not eligible.

Country of Issue - Eligible Cards:
CANADA - All Personal Canadian American Express Cards issued by Amex Bank of Canada

American Express is not responsible for the fulfillment of this offer.
I didn't get the email but since it's elgible for all AMEX card holders, I was able to get the 1-year subscription for free with my AMEX Plat.
Dec 28, 2018
16 posts
68 upvotes
I didn't get the email but I was able to sign up using my Cobalt card thanks to this post.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33709 posts
19499 upvotes
Ottawa
mickman wrote: Why? It prompted me to check my emails, and I appreciate it.

If you see "AMEX" and don't have...an AMEX card... then disregard.
You don't check your emails regularly?
If you're going to say you rather check RFD first, well, there's a thread called AMEX OFFERS in the finance forum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1530 posts
2733 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: You don't check your emails regularly?
If you're going to say you rather check RFD first, well, there's a thread called AMEX OFFERS in the finance forum.
If Mod feels like this thread is not appropriate, Mod will move this thread to the correct section. Sorry that this bothers you
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8109 posts
3600 upvotes
Markham
Are scotiabank amex customers eligible?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3966 posts
406 upvotes
Georgetown
I'm curious how linked these would be? If I wanted to get the free Calm account but for someone else (spouse) could I create the Calm account in their name even though the AMEX card is in mine?
Jan 16, 2004
887 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
Tiberius wrote: I'm curious how linked these would be? If I wanted to get the free Calm account but for someone else (spouse) could I create the Calm account in their name even though the AMEX card is in mine?
Just create any account and when it comes to payment, put in your name and Amex number and done.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1234 posts
468 upvotes
Any word on Calm itself before I give up my email to another company?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

Resposi, Tdfcanada, thesober