[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16508 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto

American vs Canadian McDonalds

According to this video,
we have better Ketchup and better menu selection but they have a better Big Mac...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
17 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4496 posts
1173 upvotes
The only food I have had at McDonalds is the breakfast sandwich . The rest of the food is emergency only .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8600 posts
1509 upvotes
Vancouver
Nuggets in USA are terrible. Also different bbq sauce
Autocorrect sucks
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16508 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
GangStarr wrote: Nuggets in USA are terrible. Also different bbq sauce
Video was quick to push their chicken tenders as being the better American option.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5428 posts
2541 upvotes
hollywood pk
1 word....McRib
(and I dont really care what its made from)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: Nuggets in USA are terrible. Also different bbq sauce
Really? I like US nuggets more than Canadian.
cardguy wrote: 1 word....McRib
(and I dont really care what its made from)
Think smaller, and more legs.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
Gee wrote: You like the pink slime?
Looking at the ingredient lists between both, they look pretty similar.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7006 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
death_hawk wrote: Looking at the ingredient lists between both, they look pretty similar.
What percentage is pink slime.

If you visit a Canadian distribution centre for McDonalds, the box says 100% Beef
The same distribution centre in the US says 100% Meat

100% Meat can mean anything.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13001 upvotes
Gee wrote: What percentage is pink slime.
0%
If you visit a Canadian distribution centre for McDonalds, the box says 100% Beef
The same distribution centre in the US says 100% Meat

100% Meat can mean anything.
Sure, but in this case the ingredient is listed as "Chicken" on both.
I'm not even sure it's mechanically separated since it usually mentions that, but i don't recall if that's a law or not.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2207 posts
860 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: According to this video,
we have better Ketchup and better menu selection but they have a better Big Mac...
Are you sure better Ketchup? I thought they stopped using Heinz.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7006 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
xpressmerchant wrote: Are you sure better Ketchup? I thought they stopped using Heinz.
It is subjective.

When Heinz was in Canada, they didn't use High Fructose Corn Syrup. That was mainly a US thing.

Everyone should just switch to French's Ketchup
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8112 posts
4077 upvotes
The McDonald's fries in the U.S. taste better but this could be because they are using less healthy fats. They seem crispier and more flavourful.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
choclover wrote: The McDonald's fries in the U.S. taste better but this could be because they are using less healthy fats. They seem crispier and more flavourful.
They used to use good old beef tallow here in Canada back in the day to give the fries that ultimate flavour and crispness. Wonder what they're using down there now, if a blend of different fats?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
Gee wrote: It is subjective.

When Heinz was in Canada, they didn't use High Fructose Corn Syrup. That was mainly a US thing.

Everyone should just switch to French's Ketchup
Never liked the switch to Heinz they did up here. Preferred their old red McDonald's own ketchup packets. They were like Hunt's ketchup. Not overly sweet and were pretty salty compared to the major ketchup names.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
playnicee1 wrote: Video was quick to push their chicken tenders as being the better American option.
Over the years, the American ads have shown to have a much more favourable menu compared to up here. The $1 value menu had items you couldn't think of here on the Canadian value menu. The 2 for $5 including Big Mac, McNuggets and some other items can't recall at the moment. Their Mighty Wings were a big hit with customers. Then portion sizes aren't even debatable what's been going on up here.

Heck, when I was a kid back in the 80s up here and saw all the ads for McDonald's on tv during Saturday morning cartoons for their Happy Meals and wanted to have it; only to be told by their staff that that's only in the States! Being in the States has clearly been far more favourable when it comes to fast food. Much more selection in different chains, many of which we've yet to even see up here, the selection in menu items available, portion sizes, etc. No real comparison there.
Last edited by Strafe1 on Dec 29th, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 21, 2015
871 posts
416 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
The taste of a Big Mac can vary within Canada and within the US