Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AMEX/Birks

YMMV: Free $100 to Spend at Birks

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 12:16 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1034 posts
1076 upvotes
Ottawa

YMMV: Free $100 to Spend at Birks

Savings:
Expiry:
December 31, 2018
Retailer:
AMEX/Birks
Minimum purchase looks to be $100 and you get $100 back on your statement. Did the same thing for APM Monaco over the summer.

Check your inbox.... by invitation only.

=========================

It's easy to earn your $100 statement credit!

Spend $100 or more online or in-store at participating Maison Birks or Birks Group Boutique locations in Canada and earn a $100 statement credit

Your eligible card ending in 99999 has been automatically registered for this offer. Use your registered card to make a qualifying purchase of $100 or more in a single transaction, after taxes and shipping, during the offer period of October 1, 2018 to December, 31 2018
70 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
haha funny promo, all their wares are overpriced by hundreds, thousands, so this is just a joke
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Jan 30, 2008
474 posts
386 upvotes
meh enough stuff can be had for $120 and lower...don't see why this is a joke
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
368 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
This is sweet! $200 from Duty Free at Pearson, $100 from Apm Monaco, $100 for Michael's on Simcoe and now $100 for Birks

I think this card has paid for itself already over this year if you include the $200 travel credit as well. At least $700 value received back over this year.

love my amex platinum, I've referred so many friends to it ever since they've been seeing all these sweet deals AMEX keep sending. Thanks OP
Last edited by jurassicworld on Oct 3rd, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3803 posts
4164 upvotes
Mordor
sweet, got it on my platinum. will also confirm with the friend that i referred to see if she got the promo too

edit: she got it in her junk mail...sweet
Jul 30, 2018
204 posts
220 upvotes
Thanks! Going to see if they will break this up between two plat cards for a $177+tax purchase
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1034 posts
1076 upvotes
Ottawa
jurassicworld wrote: This is sweet! $200 from Duty Free at Pearson, $100 from Apm Monaco, $100 for Michael's on Simcoe and now $100 for Birks

I think this card has paid for itself already over this year if you include the $200 travel credit as well. At least $700 value received back over this year.

love my amex platinum, I've referred so many friends to it ever since they've seeing all these sweet deals AMEX keep sending. Thanks OP
Sweet! I didn't see the one for $100 at Micheal's but took advantage of all of the other ones you listed... also used the travel credit once last year and again this year. Just need to get this one through before cancelling in December. It has definitely more than paid for itself this year.

I already got the Business Platinum with the 75k bonus points via Canada Post to cover me when I cancel the personal platinum. Haven't seen any promos like this though. Will probably refer my wife for the Personal Platinum to keep the free stuff rolling in.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
Birks and Tiffanys are insanely overpriced.
They do, however, have the very best display lighting money can buy. Everything looks exceptional.

I have a personal jeweller in Etobicoke who used to own a few stores, who can. and does, beat their prices every day of the week.
No fancy blue boxes though.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2537 posts
5690 upvotes
Markham
marc_t wrote: haha funny promo, all their wares are overpriced by hundreds, thousands, so this is just a joke
mlc2000 wrote: Birks and Tiffanys are insanely overpriced.
They do, however, have the very best display lighting money can buy. Everything looks exceptional.

I have a personal jeweller in Etobicoke who used to own a few stores, who can. and does, beat their prices every day of the week.
No fancy blue boxes though.
I guess it's not surprised that the biggest whiners are those who provide the least value. How do you even post 14362 posts and only get 108 upvotes?

Overpriced or not, these statement credits do not exclude gift card purchases, which can be sold for 80-90% face value, so it's free money. But it's probably hard to see that when you're so busy complaining.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm not a whiner, nor am I complaining. Just trying to educate.

I've been on RFD for 15 yrs. I could give a sh*t about up-votes, or likes.
They probably weren't around for most of the years I have been on here.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1800 posts
2835 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Got it as well! Purchased a gift for a friend with a birthday coming up. Timing just about right :)
Jan 12, 2014
151 posts
215 upvotes
TORONTO
Dave510 wrote: I guess it's not surprised that the biggest whiners are those who provide the least value. How do you even post 14362 posts and only get 108 upvotes?

Overpriced or not, these statement credits do not exclude gift card purchases, which can be sold for 80-90% face value, so it's free money. But it's probably hard to see that when you're so busy complaining.
I know cardswap does 70% face value, typically. Are you just thinking of listing on Craigslist/Kijiji? Or is there some other good site out there?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5309 posts
2517 upvotes
Winnipeg
aerohead888 wrote: Use your registered card to make a qualifying purchase of $100 or more in a single transaction, after taxes and shipping, during the offer period of October 1, 2018 to December, 31 2018
Interested if this means you can spend $100 including taxes (since shipping is free anyways)

Most promos usually state "spend $xxx before taxes and shipping"
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2537 posts
5690 upvotes
Markham
Ravidel11 wrote: I know cardswap does 70% face value, typically. Are you just thinking of listing on Craigslist/Kijiji? Or is there some other good site out there?
Cardswap is the worst since they need their cut and it's also the easiest way to sell gift cards (the same reason why trading in phones to Apple Store gets you much less than selling it yourself).

But yes I was thinking of Kijiji.
Last edited by Dave510 on Oct 3rd, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2537 posts
5690 upvotes
Markham
canuckcolehead wrote: Interested if this means you can spend $100 including taxes (since shipping is free anyways)

Most promos usually state "spend $xxx before taxes and shipping"
AMEX statement credit promos always apply after tax, probably because AMEX can't separate the taxes from the item when it charges to the credit card.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
Dave510 wrote: I guess it's not surprised that the biggest whiners are those who provide the least value. How do you even post 14362 posts and only get 108 upvotes?

Obviously they do have a loyal fan base, which I presume you're part of, won over by their marketing with a gleaming smile Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You go right ahead and spend your money there then! kudos to you!
As for reselling gift cards, that's petty.
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2002
1385 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
Got the offer too for my Platinum card! purchased a small gift at Birks today!
Feb 20, 2017
324 posts
275 upvotes
GVRD
akide wrote: Got the offer too for my Platinum card! purchased a small gift at Birks today!
which AMEX platinum did you get it from? I don't see it on my business plat.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)