Expired Hot Deals

American Express

Amex Business Gold Card - 25,000 bonus Aeroplan miles!

[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21266 posts
4374 upvotes
YUL

[American Express] Amex Business Gold Card - 25,000 bonus Aeroplan miles!

No annual fee the first year (normally $180/yr)
25,000 bonus Aeroplan miles (by spending $3000 over the first 3 months)
Travel accident insurance
Car rental theft & damage insurance
Flight & baggage delay insurance
Hotel/motel burglary insurance

Don't let the $1k spending over 3 months scare you. That's only $333/month for the first 3 months. Most of us spend way more than that every month. Small price to pay for 25k Aeroplan miles.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... =3&subid=0
1917 replies
Nov 10, 2003
279 posts
4 upvotes
do you need to have a business in order to get the card?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21266 posts
4374 upvotes
YUL
david17 wrote: do you need to have a business in order to get the card?
I'm not sure. I paid the small, what is it $50 or so, a few years ago to register a business name, so I would just use that. Even though my business isn't 'active.'

I even heard people were using their own name as the business name and had no problems. The application seems to only ask you for your business name, and nothing more about the business.
Nov 10, 2003
279 posts
4 upvotes
najibs wrote: I'm not sure. I paid the small, what is it $50 or so, a few years ago to register a business name, so I would just use that. Even though my business isn't 'active.'

I even heard people were using their own name as the business name and had no problems. The application seems to only ask you for your business name, and nothing more about the business.
ok :) thanks for the quick reply
Jul 29, 2007
62 posts
3 upvotes
No business name required. Some do operate sole proprietor where business name is the person.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1872 posts
73 upvotes
It says first year free ($180). Can I cancel it before the year ends to avoid paying the 180$ and will there be penalties involved?
Feb 8, 2003
190 posts
11 upvotes
Whitchurch-Stouffvil…
nice! I just need a Amex card with aeroplan. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
327 upvotes
does this have doubling up of warranty and price protection?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7321 posts
287 upvotes
Scarborough
Think its time to switch from the Platinum Airmiles Card....
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1184 posts
816 upvotes
Edmonton
180/year is not cool though.. i received that offer a few times from Amex but the yearly rate is killing the deal.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21266 posts
4374 upvotes
YUL
utopianbl wrote: does this have doubling up of warranty and price protection?
I don't see it listed. That's a featurae that a personal card would have, moreso than a business card.
wesleyw wrote: Think its time to switch from the Platinum Airmiles Card....
Air Miles and Aeroplan are different programs altogether. Keep that in mind.
wilbrod wrote: 180/year is not cool though.. i received that offer a few times from Amex but the yearly rate is killing the deal.
Amex is a premium product. Premium products command a premium price. The customer service at Amex is top notch. It's one of the few credit card companies that are worth paying for, IMO.
Feb 8, 2003
190 posts
11 upvotes
Whitchurch-Stouffvil…
I dunno if this will work without really having a busincess. I just put my own name... it says let me know within 10 days...
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1184 posts
816 upvotes
Edmonton
najibs wrote: Amex is a premium product. Premium products command a premium price. The customer service at Amex is top notch. It's one of the few credit card companies that are worth paying for, IMO.
I have a Amex for myself at no cost and I'm really happy with it. We are looking of getting a Credit card for our business but we do so little transactions that I can't justify the cost.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7321 posts
287 upvotes
Scarborough
najibs wrote:
Air Miles and Aeroplan are different programs altogether. Keep that in mind.
Yes I know - but with the Air Miles program going downhill, I personally prefer to start adding to my Aeroplan miles balance instead.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21266 posts
4374 upvotes
YUL
Combine with this for a total of 40,000 Aeroplan miles :twisted:
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13466 posts
2723 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm this is getting interesting. The first year is FREE for the card. I am assuming you need to have the card at least through year 2 in which you have to pay the $180 fee?

I can't see them giving aeroplan miles away basically for FREE.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21266 posts
4374 upvotes
YUL
One thing not mentioned previously is that this card is a charge card and NOT a credit card, which means it HAS to be paid in full when you receive your bill, every month. You CANNOT carry a balance on it, like a credit card.
Jan 29, 2003
379 posts
Abbotsford
najibs wrote: Amex is a premium product. Premium products command a premium price. The customer service at Amex is top notch. It's one of the few credit card companies that are worth paying for, IMO.
I like my amex gold cashback card, but I have found their customer service to be terrible. For one, they won't allow more than one alternate adress (I have 2 in the states that I use regularly), so I have to call them each time I want to ship to a different address. They've managed to screw up the changes of address more than once. I've also had to call back multiple times to get something fixed on my account before (even after they say they've fixed it each time). In general, I found my cibc visa to have better customer service, but the 2% cashback is hard to beat. It's a shame that card is not available to new customers anymore.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13466 posts
2723 upvotes
Vancouver
Yelo wrote: I dunno if this will work without really having a busincess. I just put my own name... it says let me know within 10 days...
LOL I did too. The worse they can say is "SORRY" we cannot process your application at this time, please try again in six months" blah blah sort of statement.

I would imagine they check to see if the name is registered and/or look at the annual income before going further on the application.

I am certainly not counting on getting the card but time will tell.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)