Hot Deals

[AMEX] Earn a $15 statement credit when you spend $200 in person on Oxford Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2019 8:47 pm
[OP]
Feb 6, 2013
80 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto

Earn a $15 statement credit when you spend $200 in person on Oxford Gift Cards

Retailer:
AMEX
Received an email from AMEX, it might be targeted offer, check your inbox.

Use your registered American Express® Card in person at participating Oxford locations to purchase $200 or more
in Oxford Gift Cards* and you can
earn a $15 statement credit!
43 replies
Feb 18, 2018
358 posts
473 upvotes
just got this email also AMEX Gold. not as good as the Spend $1000 get $100 ones from as the $200 this is would have given $20 vs the $15 but i will still do it. since i have already used a bunch of the value from that already. should have bought more from that promo tbh.
Jul 25, 2018
164 posts
355 upvotes
Milton, ON
Got this for SimplyCash. Probably won't use it.
Jul 15, 2014
135 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Got this for my Amex Gold as well but not my Simply Cash. Note that if you receive this email you have to be one of the first 10,000 to "register" by clicking the link in the email, if you plan to take advantage of this offer.

Not many Oxford malls that I'd be going to so I probably won't use it.
Jul 31, 2007
347 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm probably going to wait till boxing day or new year to use it because I remember last year scarborough town centre had another gift card deal on boxing day.
Mar 2, 2016
177 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Got it for my simply cash. What's good about these cards is the fact that mall retailers charge them as if they were normal AMEX cards, so you can buy gift cards using them.
Edit: So the way I see it, it's $15 statement credit for an Esso gift card at Shoppers.
Koodo|Public Mobile|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|Paytm|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
Carrot|AwardWallet|Skiplagged|uber|Lyft|Instaryde|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Foodora|Ritual|Amazon Prime/Student
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2242 posts
1881 upvotes
Toronto
JamesPlomppy wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:16 pm
Got it for my simply cash. What's good about these cards is the fact that mall retailers charge them as if they were normal AMEX cards, so you can buy gift cards using them.
Edit: So the way I see it, it's $15 statement credit for an Esso gift card at Shoppers.
Really? You just got my attention :-)
Aug 6, 2012
333 posts
429 upvotes
AURORA
At least for me, the Shoppers at Upper Canada Mall won’t let you spend mall gift cards on other gift cards.
Feb 18, 2018
358 posts
473 upvotes
azhang24 wrote: At least for me, the Shoppers at Upper Canada Mall won’t let you spend mall gift cards on other gift cards.
Went to Scarborough Town Center shoppers on the weekend and used a Oxford card from Black Friday to get a $50 google play for $45 (actually charged incorrect $50 had to get SDM gift card to get the discount oh well) and just said to cashier AMEX and swiped the card no problem
Aug 6, 2012
333 posts
429 upvotes
AURORA
Aselwyn1 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 12:05 am
Went to Scarborough Town Center shoppers on the weekend and used a Oxford card from Black Friday to get a $50 google play for $45 (actually charged incorrect $50 had to get SDM gift card to get the discount oh well) and just said to cashier AMEX and swiped the card no problem
RBC Plaza Shoppers was ironically more lax.
Feb 18, 2018
358 posts
473 upvotes
azhang24 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 12:27 am

RBC Plaza Shoppers was ironically more lax.
Think it was a price error the cashier didn't say anything about that it was a mall gift card
Last edited by Aselwyn1 on Dec 21st, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 2, 2016
177 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Aselwyn1 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 9:50 am
Think it was a price error the cashier didn't care it was a mall gift card
I don't think that it's an error. The merchant systems process it as a prepaid AMEX, which in fact it is.
Koodo|Public Mobile|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|Paytm|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
Carrot|AwardWallet|Skiplagged|uber|Lyft|Instaryde|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Foodora|Ritual|Amazon Prime/Student
Feb 18, 2018
358 posts
473 upvotes
JamesPlomppy wrote: I don't think that it's an error. The merchant systems process it as a prepaid AMEX, which in fact it is.
Either way I got what I wanted in the end I they negate the gift card sale on that card or not. I have also bought 2 $75 gift cards at American Eagle that gave $25 bonus and paid with the mall GC not that I have used them yet but don’t see why they wouldn’t