Hot Deals

[AMEX] Earn a $15 statement credit when you spend $200 in person on Oxford Gift Cards

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2019 8:47 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1486 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
Do any SDMs or other Oxford mall stores carry Loblaws/No Frills/Fortinos gift cards?
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp / Foupon
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Biz Platinum / Drop / GCR / Ebates / Paytm
Feb 18, 2018
359 posts
479 upvotes
quanta wrote: Do any SDMs or other Oxford mall stores carry Loblaws/No Frills/Fortinos gift cards?
As far as I know no. The only Loblaws gift cards are sold at Loblaws locations thus blocking all chance of Amex
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1486 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
oceanz wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 10:16 am
Didn't get the offer..! Is there something we need to sign up for to get these promotions? (Accept marketing and offers, etc?)
Yes, you need to make sure your profile on the Amex website is set to accept all offers. Amex gives out interesting offers all the time - not much spam.
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp / Foupon
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Biz Platinum / Drop / GCR / Ebates / Paytm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1440 posts
642 upvotes
GTA
Anyone buy/reload Walmart GC for $200 at Square one? I assume that should count buy a confirmation would be great.
Feb 18, 2018
359 posts
479 upvotes
martydxb wrote: Anyone buy/reload Walmart GC for $200 at Square one? I assume that should count buy a confirmation would be great.
It’s not just any gift card in square one. You can’t just buy a Walmart gift card you need to buy a Oxford Mall Gift Card
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1859 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Was anyone able to use this to buy gas station gift cards at the shoppers in Eaton center?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1440 posts
642 upvotes
GTA
Aselwyn1 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 11:56 pm
It’s not just any gift card in square one. You can’t just buy a Walmart gift card you need to buy a Oxford Mall Gift Card
Not sure I follow, the deal requires a purchase of $200 in one transaction from Oxford Mall. Square one is one of their properties.
I'm assuming $200 of merchandise purchased from Walmart inside Square one and a $200 reload done at the same cashier would appear the same to AMEX.

Let me know if im missing something, in any case, thanks for reviewing this and helping me out.
Feb 18, 2018
359 posts
479 upvotes
martydxb wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:41 am
Not sure I follow, the deal requires a purchase of $200 in one transaction from Oxford Mall. Square one is one of their properties.
I'm assuming $200 of merchandise purchased from Walmart inside Square one and a $200 reload done at the same cashier would appear the same to AMEX.

Let me know if im missing something, in any case, thanks for reviewing this and helping me out.
"Use your registered American Express® Card in person at participating Oxford locations to purchase $200 or more
in Oxford Gift Cards* and you can
earn a $15 statement credit!

The Oxford Gift Card Plus is accepted at over 11 major shopping centres Canada-wide, and at select Canadian hotels owned by Oxford.
With so many possibilities, the Oxford Gift Card Plus is the perfect gift to make anyone’s holiday season even more special!"

is the text from AMEX since your going to customer service to buy these that's how amex knows you qualify. for instance for me (STC GIFT CERTIFICATES-GOLD $200.00) is what shows up in my transactions for when i did it at the Scarborough Town Center with my credit coming back a few days later under (STC GIFT CERTIFICATES-GOLD -$15.00)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1440 posts
642 upvotes
GTA
Aselwyn1 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:53 am
"Use your registered American Express® Card in person at participating Oxford locations to purchase $200 or more
in Oxford Gift Cards* and you can
earn a $15 statement credit!

The Oxford Gift Card Plus is accepted at over 11 major shopping centres Canada-wide, and at select Canadian hotels owned by Oxford.
With so many possibilities, the Oxford Gift Card Plus is the perfect gift to make anyone’s holiday season even more special!"

is the text from AMEX since your going to customer service to buy these that's how amex knows you qualify. for instance for me (STC GIFT CERTIFICATES-GOLD $200.00) is what shows up in my transactions for when i did it at the Scarborough Town Center with my credit coming back a few days later under (STC GIFT CERTIFICATES-GOLD -$15.00)
Thank you for the clarification, all this time I was focused on the Oxford locations, I feel like an idiot since I missed the clearly stated "Oxford Gift Cards" part.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out... I would feel really silly if I lost the deal due to a simple misread.
Mar 7, 2011
200 posts
147 upvotes
Ottawa
oceanz wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2018 10:16 am
Didn't get the offer..! Is there something we need to sign up for to get these promotions? (Accept marketing and offers, etc?)
Neither did either of my blue sky cards. Don't really use the cards that often given I have the 2% capital one aspire, but wish I could find a way to get access to these invitation only campaigns. I recall previously successfully enrolling about 5-10 years ago, but haven't been successful recently in any of the promotions...
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1064 posts
993 upvotes
Toronto, ON
martydxb wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:41 am

1. You have to go to mall guest services and buy oxford mall gift card to get the promo.

2. You can use the oxford mall gift card at any store that's part of oxford properties.
Jul 16, 2007
1 posts
Toronto
Can I get the $200 Oxford gift card online instead of going to the mall and can get that $15 bonus on AE statement?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6703 posts
2857 upvotes
North York
candyleung01 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 9:03 pm
Can I get the $200 Oxford gift card online instead of going to the mall and can get that $15 bonus on AE statement?
OFFER TERMS:

* Oxford Gift Cards are subject to Oxford Gift Card Plus terms and conditions that accompany the gift card at time of purchase. Conditions and terms apply. Only available for use at select Mall and hotel locations in Canada. American Express is not responsible for the Oxford Gift Card Plus.

This offer is only available to Canadian Basic American Express Consumer and Small Business Cardmembers who have been sent this offer by email. Only the first 10,000 Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for this offer. Only the Basic American Express Card referenced in this email is eligible for registration in this offer by clicking ‘Register Now’ in the email. Maximum of 1 statement credit of $15 (CAD) is/are available per registered Card during the offer period. Purchases made with supplementary Cards are not qualifying purchases. American Express Corporate Cards and American Express Gift Cards are excluded from the offer.

To be eligible for this offer:
• Your account must be in good standing.
• You must first register your eligible American Express Card and then use that registered Card to make a qualifying purchase in person at participating Oxford locations between December 20, 2018 at 12:00:01am EST and January 31, 2019 11:59:59 pm EST. Registration ends on January 31, 2019 or once 10,000 registrations have been reached.
• A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase.
On-line and phone orders are excluded.

To be eligible for a $15 (CAD) statement credit, a qualifying purchase of $200 (CAD) or more in a single transaction must be charged to your registered Card at participating Oxford locations in Canada during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account.

Statement Credit may take up to two billing cycles to appear on your statement and up to 90 days to be credited to the account, after the Cardmember has completed a qualifying purchase. If the statement credit is being applied to a credit card account, please note that this does not satisfy the requirements to pay the minimum due. A statement credit does not constitute a payment. The Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement. We reserve the right to substitute an American Express Gift card or cheque in lieu of the statement credit. American Express is responsible for the fulfillment of this offer. A rewarded statement credit may be reversed if the qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled. The following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sells goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified.

In the event that you replace your registered card through Amex Bank of Canada or a licensed third party issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
Mar 9, 2009
157 posts
29 upvotes
Bought $200 GC at SQ1 and got $10 (5%) bonus from the mall, now waiting for another $15 bonus from Amex Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes