Scarborough

(YMMV) $5 off $20 at Basil Box

Deal Link:
Savings:
Expiry:
December 31, 2019
Retailer:
AMEX Offer
Always walk by this place, but never tried it. Not sure if I can even spend $20 in one meal. Saw this on my Amex Platinum card.

Spend at least $20 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at participating Basil Box location(s) or at www.thebasilbox.com by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $5 statement credit. Terms apply.

To be eligible for a $5 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $20 (CAD), after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card in store at participating Basil Box location(s) in Canada or at www.thebasilbox.com during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 02/01/2020.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1051 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto
It's like the Chipotle of Thai food. Delicious, and for $10 per serving, the portion sizes are pretty reasonable :)

Not 100% certain, but this offer may work with Basil Box orders through DoorDash as well.

When I order chipotle through DoorDash, I'm pretty sure it shows up on my statement as Chipotle, and not as DoorDash. Not sure if it's just a chipotle thing, but I would think that DoorDash would process the cash through their own systems, instead of Chipotle. But yeah, if someone is daring enough or wants to order basil box for delivery through DD anyway, might be worth a try Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Apr 13, 2016
534 posts
350 upvotes
Wolfdale wrote: It's like the Chipotle of Thai food. Delicious, and for $10 per serving, the portion sizes are pretty reasonable :)

Not 100% certain, but this offer may work with Basil Box orders through DoorDash as well.

When I order chipotle through DoorDash, I'm pretty sure it shows up on my statement as Chipotle, and not as DoorDash. Not sure if it's just a chipotle thing, but I would think that DoorDash would process the cash through their own systems, instead of Chipotle. But yeah, if someone is daring enough or wants to order basil box for delivery through DD anyway, might be worth a try Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
oh shit can someone confirm if this works??
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1268 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone try this on gift cards?
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1477 posts
2379 upvotes
Canada, eh?
GateGuardian wrote: Always walk by this place, but never tried it. Not sure if I can even spend $20 in one meal. Saw this on my Amex Platinum card.

Spend at least $20 in qualifying purchases using your registered Card at participating Basil Box location(s) or at www.thebasilbox.com by 31/12/2019 and earn a one-time $5 statement credit. Terms apply.

To be eligible for a $5 (CAD) statement credit, one single qualifying purchase or cumulative qualifying purchase(s) that total at least $20 (CAD), after taxes, must be charged to your registered Card in store at participating Basil Box location(s) in Canada or at www.thebasilbox.com during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account by 02/01/2020.
Their Terms seem to indicate that you don't have to spend $20 in one transaction :)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3930 posts
1510 upvotes
Ottawa
redflag0 wrote: oh shit can someone confirm if this works??
What's the point? You lose the $5 off from all the Doordash fees

Also, everyone has to try thai iced tea - it's amazing
Apr 13, 2016
534 posts
350 upvotes
john.canad wrote: What's the point? You lose the $5 off from all the Doordash fees

Also, everyone has to try thai iced tea - it's amazing
no fees, you combine that with door dash coupons/pick up to get additional $$ off
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1410 posts
1080 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any way to get email notifications of these Amex offers? I don't log in to my account often.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
In for hundreds to gety cheap meals
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4121 posts
3581 upvotes
Richmond Hill
redflag0 wrote: oh shit can someone confirm if this works??
Not likely to work. Merchant is DoorDash for sure, but they append the restaurant's name at the end of the transaction to make it easier for the consumer to identify.

Here's my purchase from Next Station with DoorDash (on Rogers MC)

DoorDash Next Station.PNG
Apr 13, 2016
534 posts
350 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Not likely to work. Merchant is DoorDash for sure, but they append the restaurant's name at the end of the transaction to make it easier for the consumer to identify.

Here's my purchase from Next Station with DoorDash (on Rogers MC)

DoorDash Next Station.PNG
I'll try with ritual/doordash and let you guys know

but you're right its unlikely to work
Jan 29, 2018
20 posts
55 upvotes
Download the Basil box app to join their loyalty program and you also get a free drink with your order. Their loyalty program actually seems pretty decent (points do not expire, free drinks, and birthday snack) if you plan to eat there more than just once.